• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

au digital saving account initial deposit question

rk2022

TF Buzz
Hi,

I opened au digital account zero balance for my mother who doesn't have any other online banking. They mentioned that initial bank account funding should come from same person per RBI guidelines.

I did funding from my account. Will this be a problem?

Please advice.

xfactcc

TF Premier
I am not an expert here but I don't think it should be an issue. As long as the account is funded with legitimate funds, it works for them. Since you funded her account, it's not taxable either.

They require IP for their 0 balance account?

rk2022

TF Buzz
I am not an expert here but I don't think it should be an issue. As long as the account is funded with legitimate funds, it works for them. Since you funded her account, it's not taxable either.

Thank you. I just funded so she can use digital payments. It's zero balance. Since it's the first funding, it is considered initial I think.

Tejo

TF Legend
Hi,

I opened au digital account zero balance for my mother who doesn't have any other online banking. They mentioned that initial bank account funding should come from same person per RBI guidelines.

I did funding from my account. Will this be a problem?

Please advice.
Au too worst.

Mostly they will refund or cancel ac initiation.

Or will open ac and refund IF

Or will ignore and open ac.

All this depends upon on the agent who is Going to cross check the kyc details.

Vkyc completed?

Did you atleast nominate yourself as nominee?

Why you did funding when it's not mandatory?

Vaasu Annan

TF Select

The KYC agent also asked me to deposit ₹ 2000 as initial funding. He told me it's mandatory but I can withdraw it anytime.