• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tip - Kotak Credit card Pro tip to earn Rs.1600/quarter with 3k spend(1k/monthly)

RajBlr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If you want to get a kotak card, then get the Privy-league signature card which had 4 PVR tickets(400rs cap=4x400=1600) free in a quarter. After pandemic, they starting giving 6400 points, 1pt=.25paise

so basically you spent 1k monthly in Jan, Feb and March then you get 6400points which is 6400/.25=Rs.1600 back :) (Which is >50% of your sepend)

1670524278191.png

1670524244861.png

nikhilesh71

TF Select
Just to clarify to what @nikhilesh71 might have said here.

You need to get a PAID version of the card which comes free/LTF with your privy league banking relationship. (see the value chart I posted which has the additional reward for the PAID card, which is LTF with banking relation)

Hope that clarifies.
Yes, exactly. Apply for a paid card initially. Then use your privy league status & ask bank to make it LTF as it comes complimentary with the program. They will do it & but the features of card will not change.

bhaveshS

TF Ace
Yes, exactly. Apply for a paid card initially. Then use your privy league status & ask bank to make it LTF as it comes complimentary with the program. They will do it & but the features of card will not change.
Ok i have to apply for paid one instead of LTF then convert paid one to LTF

Last edited:

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
"For cards with Only Reward Points in milestone program, points will be automatically credited in customer's account in 13th month statement."

Can anyone clarify how milestone reward points credit to Kotak credit card?
As they have mentioned. Supposing the milestone period is getting completed on 31st October then reward points get credited before the next bill gets generated in November.

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
usually 13th month statement means after year that is too long for quarterly milestone benefits. so checking..
Quaterly milestone (1k one - 6400 ) points will be credited in next month itself, right? Why 13th month?
I am planning to get this card for this particular milestone only, but not sure till what time this benefit will continue.

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Quaterly milestone (1k one - 6400 ) points will be credited in next month itself, right? Why 13th month?
I am planning to get this card for this particular milestone only, but not sure till what time this benefit will continue.
Quarterly reward (not milestone) will be credited in 4th month. On reaching yearly milestone of 300k or 800k, RP will be credited in the 13th month !

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Tried applying today but I am not able to apply. When clicking on below link & clicking on Appy Now, it opens a pop but after filling details not able to submit. Has anyone applied recently. Is there some different process?
I don't have account with kotak but has league platinum card.
link - https://www.kotak.com/en/personal-banking/cards/credit-cards/privy-league-signature-credit-card.html
In order to apply for the Privy League Signature card you need to have a savings account with Kotak that too with the Privy League Banking. Then you can raise request via phone banking or your RM for this card.

As such Kotak isn't pushing this card as much as earlier. Maybe on the verge of phasing out.

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I discussed this with the BM a couple of days ago while converting my account from 811 to Privy League. They claimed this card wasn’t offered anymore but they would try and provide it. They were pushing for the LTF White card instead. Even if they provide it, I don’t know how I can ensure that they issue a paid version as they said that Privy League customers would get it LTF automatically.

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I discussed this with the BM a couple of days ago while converting my account from 811 to Privy League. They claimed this card wasn’t offered anymore but they would try and provide it. They were pushing for the LTF White card instead. Even if they provide it, I don’t know how I can ensure that they issue a paid version as they said that Privy League customers would get it LTF automatically.
They are telling you the truth. They have even mentioned it on their website -

New issue of this card has been discontinued.

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You can enjoy the other benefits that Privy comes with. Depending on your variant of Privy, you can get Zen / White or even White Reserve on a LTF basis.
Yes, he offered White LTF after January when the next quarter starts. Variant is Platinum. Strangely, they said they were not offering Privy League Black at the moment. In any case, I wasn’t going to move 1 crore there.

drsel

TF Legend
If you want to get a kotak card, then get the Privy-league signature card which had 4 PVR tickets(400rs cap=4x400=1600) free in a quarter. After pandemic, they starting giving 6400 points, 1pt=.25paise

so basically you spent 1k monthly in Jan, Feb and March then you get 6400points which is 6400/.25=Rs.1600 back :) (Which is >50% of your sepend)

1670524278191.png

1670524244861.png
I already have Privy league signature lifetime free
how do I convert this to a paid card to get 6400 points or 1600 statement credit every quarter?

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I already have Privy league signature lifetime free
how do I convert this to a paid card to get 6400 points or 1600 statement credit every quarter?
Oh.. not sure about that. This benefit is only for paid cards. Try with customer care.
This is very weird because with privy league account they only give free card where this bonus is not applicable.
On paid card where bonus is eligible, they are not issuing card.