• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Please suggest good app to track expenses

caabhi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Nice thread. I use excel spreadsheet in which I pull data from the raw bank stt and credit card stt. This in turn throws out stats for my review. Good to know there are apps to take care of this.

caabhi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Can you elaborate ? or share the spreadsheet ?
I will elaborate, as I have made it customised for my requirements plus contains all my banking data.
I have one data entry sheet wherein I have following columns

1. Date
2. Bank Name
3. OF/IF
4. Bank1
5.Bank2
6.Total

This data is pulled from the bank/CC statements which I have put as separate sheets in the same file. This part is automated using the Powerquery. I just have to download the statement and paste in the respective tabs. This takes care of the data entry tab.

On the dashboard part I have built the dashboard analysing the monthly OF and IF with different slicers to enable quick analysis.

Hope this make sense to you.

rayhan12

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I will elaborate, as I have made it customised for my requirements plus contains all my banking data.

1. Date
2. Bank Name
3. OF/IF
4. Bank1
5.Bank2
6.Total

This data is pulled from the bank/CC statements which I have put as separate sheets in the same file. This part is automated using the Powerquery. I just have to download the statement and paste in the respective tabs. This takes care of the data entry tab.

On the dashboard part I have built the dashboard analysing the monthly OF and IF with different slicers to enable quick analysis.

Confusing but amazing to keep tabs on everything.

ANewUser

TF Select
VIP Lounge

1. Date
2. Bank Name
3. OF/IF
4. Bank1
5.Bank2
6.Total

Nice, want to understand more about this. Like HDFC CC bills are in weird format in pdf which doesn't paste nicely in Excel/sheets. Similarly Axis statement contains the word 'Cr' and 'Dr' next to amount. How do you parse these unique types of statements which are not available in CSV/Excel?

caabhi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Nice, want to understand more about this. Like HDFC CC bills are in weird format in pdf which doesn't paste nicely in Excel/sheets. Similarly Axis statement contains the word 'Cr' and 'Dr' next to amount. How do you parse these unique types of statements which are not available in CSV/Excel?
There is an link provided in the email in which HDFC CC bill comes, you can access statement from there and also download the transaction in CSV format. Some formatting work and you are good to go

rohitpgarg

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Please suggest a good app to track expenses. I used Money Manager and really like it, but the only issue is that it that once you uninstall the app, all the stored data is gone.
I use monefy app. The pro version is completely worth the expense.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Please suggest a good app to track expenses. I used Money Manager and really like it, but the only issue is that it that once you uninstall the app, all the stored data is gone.
EXCEL.. Will need some discipline but is the most secure
Nowadays apps with all your financial data is not recommended

ANewUser

TF Select
VIP Lounge
There is an link provided in the email in which HDFC CC bill comes, you can access statement from there and also download the transaction in CSV format. Some formatting work and you are good to go
Thanks, that worked for last 2 statements. Unfortunately the link (smart statement) sort of expires for old statements, do you by any chance know any alternative ?

caabhi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks, that worked for last 2 statements. Unfortunately the link (smart statement) sort of expires for old statements, do you by any chance know any alternative ?
You will have to get your hands dirty in excel, some work in powerquery is required.

Enthusiastic

TF Premier
I have Jupiter account so, there Account Aggregator help to Manage my all accounts at single place and also they Categories my all spend.
If you have one then you can use Jupiter

Note- Jupiter will soon start to charge for DC
If you want refferal link then, DM me...

sleepysurya

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You can create backup in money manager (i think it's csv or something). I have been using it for a few years and have changed more than 2 phones since then and still have all the data.