• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Please help in choosing the right credit card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karthik:

TF Premier
I am being offered a pre-approved ICICI credit card with a limit of Rs.60,000.
I can choose any of the following cards:
i) ICICI Coral credit card (Not LTF)
ii) Mine credit card (LTF)
iii) Accelero (Not LTF)

Look like any of these card can be activated instantly with a click through imobile app.

As you all are aware, I very recently got my Airtel Axis CC. They have made an hard inquiry. Since this is pre-approved, I think they won't make hard inquiry. Still I think this will affect my CIBIl based on account open date as they will be very close to each other. I am not satisfied with my existing HDFC moneyback+ credit card. My mom already has an HDFC credit card. So I have a backup. I thought of taking this ICICI pre-approved offer and close HDFC cc. Later I think HDFC will come up with better offer for me. If not also, I can produce income details and get better cards like Regalia LTF. HDFC cc is not a very old account which I need to care about. Please leave your valuable inputs. Should I take this offer basis above Inputs ? Which card would you recommend ? What is your opinion about my decision to close HDFC CC ? @TechnoFino, your opinion will be of great help. Thanks.

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator
iii) Accelero (Not LTF)

Look like any of these card can be activated instantly with a click through imobile app.

As you all are aware, I very recently got my Airtel Axis CC. They have made an hard inquiry. Since this is pre-approved, I think they won't make hard inquiry. Still I think this will affect my CIBIl based on account open date as they will be very close to each other. I am not satisfied with my existing HDFC moneyback+ credit card. My mom already has an HDFC credit card. So I have a backup. I thought of taking this ICICI pre-approved offer and close HDFC cc. Later I think HDFC will come up with better offer for me. If not also, I can produce income details and get better cards like Regalia LTF. HDFC cc is not a very old account which I need to care about. Please leave your valuable inputs. Should I take this offer basis above Inputs ? Which card would you recommend ? What is your opinion about my decision to close HDFC CC ? @TechnoFino, your opinion will be of great help. Thanks.
Icici CCs not known for their rewards system hence it's your choice to take a paid one or ltf only reason to get these cards for online or offline discounts 👍

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
iii) Accelero (Not LTF)

In terms of reward points, icici bank is worst credit card provider. So, I'll suggest you to get the ltf one.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Thank you all. What's your take on CIBIL impact and my plan to close HDFC CC ?
don't close hdfc cc , since you mentioned it not very old ? why are you unhappy with hdfc cc ? and after closing hdfc could take 6/9/ if you want to re-apply and getting Regalia as LTF if hdfc a/c isn't there then that might not even happen. what about Apay that the icici best cc as LTF, you already hold that card?

Sevendar@01

TF Premier
iii) Accelero (Not LTF)

Get LTF card and how much old account do you have, how much balance you maintain and what is the account variant.

Karthik:

TF Premier
don't close hdfc cc , since you mentioned it not very old ? why are you unhappy with hdfc cc ? and after closing hdfc could take 6/9/ if you want to re-apply and getting Regalia as LTF if hdfc a/c isn't there then that might not even happen. what about Apay that the icici best cc as LTF, you already hold that card?
Not very old in the sense, it is 6 to 7 months old. I don't know why they don't give LTF regalia credit card to existing customers. I spoke with my BM, RM, CC dept with income proof. They are ready to increase credit limit and give me regalia only as FYF. I asked them why give only to new customers ? They said that's the policy and asked me to close and apply for regalia after 6m if I want LTF offer. I am ready to even apply after 1 year. I don't have any urgent need with this card. I have classic family account with them. It's family account and we won't be closing it.

Reg Apay CC, I am not interested in it as I don't find anything special other than 5% CB on Amazon which I already get through smartbuy and good CB on my Airtel Axis CC.

There will be cibil impact on closing HDFC cc.
Impact will be temporary right ? I am not going to close it immediately, but depending some more responses will decide. Another point is if delay closing this now and later decide to close it anyway, the impact will be much more.

Also someone, please confirm will there be big impact in credit score if I get ICICI CC as it's been just 1 or so week since I got Airtel Axis CC.

I am planning to go with mine itself. Nothing fancy about this card, just that it's ICICI, like you guys said for offline and online offers and it comes under Visa Signature. Will upgrade to a better card like MMT signature later.
Thank you all. What's your take on CIBIL impact and my plan to close HDFC CC ?
@TechnoFino what's your take ?

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Not very old in the sense, it is 6 to 7 months old. I don't know why they don't give LTF regalia credit card to existing customers. I spoke with my BM, RM, CC dept with income proof. They are ready to increase credit limit and give me regalia only as FYF. I asked them why give only to new customers ? They said that's the policy and asked me to close and apply for regalia after 6m if I want LTF offer. I am ready to even apply after 1 year. I don't have any urgent need with this card. I have classic family account with them. It's family account and we won't be closing it.

Reg Apay CC, I am not interested in it as I don't find anything special other than 5% CB on Amazon which I already get through smartbuy and good CB on my Airtel Axis CC.

Impact will be temporary right ? I am not going to close it immediately, but depending some more responses will decide. Another point is if delay closing this now and later decide to close it anyway, the impact will be much more.

Also someone, please confirm will there be big impact in credit score if I get ICICI CC as it's been just 1 or so week since I got Airtel Axis CC.

I am planning to go with mine itself. Nothing fancy about this card, just that it's ICICI, like you guys said for offline and online offers and it comes under Visa Signature. Will upgrade to a better card like MMT signature later.

I'll suggest you to continue your hdfc card, update your credit card profile (via branch, submitting kyc docs) if you want to update your profession and income. Normally Hdfc bank offer LE frequently.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator

yes you can apply for icici card i myself have applied for 4 cc in 3-4 month so no drop in cibil whatsoever . big impact mean 50-100 point deduction , that won't happen there could some point down but it will go up again in few months

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.