• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Payment through ICICI credit card not confirmed by the bank to Flipkart.

iM23

TF Premier
I just tried to place an order on Flipkart with ICICI credit card. The money was deducted but the order was not confirmed and Flipkart is showing the payment was not confirmed from bank's end and if any money was deducted, I have to contact bank from my side.

I never had such an experience in case of Flipkart but I am aware of their customer service. Though I feel the amount will surely be refunded, but it's not mentioned on Flipkart. They just said me to contact the bank. If this was Amazon, I wouldn't have even thought about it as they always clearly shows the amount would be refunded.

Just want to be sure, I'll get the refund, right?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240522_123900.jpg
    Screenshot_20240522_123900.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 20

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I just tried to place an order on Flipkart with ICICI credit card. The money was deducted but the order was not confirmed and Flipkart is showing the payment was not confirmed from bank's end and if any money was deducted, I have to contact bank from my side.

I never had such an experience in case of Flipkart but I am aware of their customer service. Though I feel the amount will surely be refunded, but it's not mentioned on Flipkart. They just said me to contact the bank. If this was Amazon, I wouldn't have even thought about it as they always clearly shows the amount would be refunded.

Just want to be sure, I'll get the refund, right?
Yes you don't have to worry. It'll be refunded. I faced similar issue on big billion days with Flipkart Axis Card.

iM23

TF Premier
Yes you don't have to worry. It'll be refunded. I faced similar issue on big billion days with Flipkart Axis Card.
Thanks a lot. And I think the banks who offer instant discount during sales, should improve their servers. In such cases money would be refunded, but if anyone is purchasing something by using almost entire credit limit, it'll be a hell of an experience as their money would get stuck and they can't place a separate order. That didn't happen though in my case, fortunately.

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thanks a lot. And I think the banks who offer instant discount during sales, should improve their servers. In such cases money would be refunded, but if anyone is purchasing something by using almost entire credit limit, it'll be a hell of an experience as their money would get stuck and they can't place a separate order. That didn't happen though in my case, fortunately.
Actually, my order was for the full credit limit, but my case was a little unique. I was offered a pay-later option with the same instant discount.

For example, I ordered an iPhone for my friend with a 5K discount on the Axis card, but on the payment page, it showed that due to heavy traffic, they couldn't process my payment (but amount got debited). However, they offered me the option to buy my item now with the same discount and pay the next day.

The next morning, I received a refund, paid for the order, and got the same discount.

iM23

TF Premier
Actually, my order was for the full credit limit, but my case was a little unique. I was offered a pay-later option with the same instant discount.

For example, I ordered an iPhone for my friend with a 5K discount on the Axis card, but on the payment page, it showed that due to heavy traffic, they couldn't process my payment (but amount got debited). However, they offered me the option to buy my item now with the same discount and pay the next day.

The next morning, I received a refund, paid for the order, and got the same discount.
But I don't think they would offer this to everyone, who knows...

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
But I don't think they would offer this to everyone, who knows...
Yes, that option was only offered because it was a high-traffic time (around midnight on the Big Billion Days). They normally wouldn't offer it on regular days.

By the way, did you receive the refund yet? ICICI won't send any SMS for the refund, so you should check your available balance.

iM23

TF Premier
Yes, that option was only offered because it was a high-traffic time (around midnight on the Big Billion Days). They normally wouldn't offer it on regular days.

By the way, did you receive the refund yet? ICICI won't send any SMS for the refund, so you should check your available balance.
Nope, not yet. I contacted them and they said to wait for 48 hours.

And that pay later option about which you said was Flipkart pay later, right?

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Nope, not yet. I contacted them and they said to wait for 48 hours.

And that pay later option about which you said was Flipkart pay later, right?
No, if I buy it using Flipkart Pay Later, then how will I get the 5K discount on my Axis Card?

It was something like buy now with the same discount and then pay tomorrow using your Axis Card.

iM23

TF Premier
I
No, if I buy it using Flipkart Pay Later, then how will I get the 5K discount on my Axis Card?

It was something like buy now with the same discount and then pay tomorrow using your Axis Card.
Interesting, but was the refund reflected in your card just in one day? As far I can recall Axis (and most other major banks) takes at least 2 days to reflect refunds on the card, doesn't it?

iM23

TF Premier

Today I received it.