• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Platinum Travel or Platinum Reserve?

theglobalinvestor

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Which of these is preferable? I will have travel expenses of 10L+ a year plus about another 5L in non travel expenditure. Currently everything goes on my infinia. I don't think I can justify the 60k platinum. Please advise!

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family
Platinum reserve IMO, also in that 65k annual charge AMEX usually gives out a 30k voucher of Flipkart or something(Atleast in the past). You will have to research to get the rest 30k. Also you can apply Platinum travel as a supplimentary card if you want no charges for that.
Platinum travel is just a simple card with lounge benefits if you get it for LTF then it's a steal.

Tejas

TF Premier
Airmiles Expert
Credit Card Expert
In the Ascending Order starting from the lowest Variant:

SmartEarn Credit Card
Membership Rewards Credit Card
Gold Charge Card
Platinum Travel Credit Card
Platinum Reserve Credit Card
Platinum Charge Card

bugmenot

TF Ace
Apart from "Pay with Points option in Amex Travel Online", what are the other exclusive travel related benefits in Platinum Travel Credit Card compare to other lower Amex cards? I see everywhere the optimized use of Rs 1000 * 6 txns of that card only.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Search for word trifecta in this forum there’s beautiful worked out thread available for getting max out of plat travel
Apart from "Pay with Points option in Amex Travel Online", what are the other exclusive travel related benefits in Platinum Travel Credit Card compare to other lower Amex cards? I see everywhere the optimized use of Rs 1000 * 6 txns of that card only.

bugmenot

TF Ace
Search for word trifecta in this forum there’s beautiful worked out thread available for getting max out of plat travel
I am quite aware about trifecta, but I don't see any specific feature for travel. So my query specific to that card, just curious to know. If it doesn't give any benefits or reward for travel then why it's called travel card?

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I am quite aware about trifecta, but I don't see any specific feature for travel. So my query specific to that card, just curious to know. If it doesn't give any benefits or reward for travel then why it's called travel card?
In amex lineup lounge access will not be available for cards other than plat travel and platinum charge card.
Play travel have 8 lounge access 2 per quarter AFAIK

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
So apart from lounge access nothing special related to travel. It's funny indeed.
On top all, acceptance at POS is still a big dip for AmEx
Actually in amex lineup, all the cards are weak. Except for the 70k platinum charge card.
Yes any card should give option to get it extracted else not worthy to have it

cch

TF Select
If you’re gonna have solely travel expenses, get a Magnus. You get 5X uncapped RPs on their travel edge platform.

There is no Amex card that provides good benefits on travel spends. The platinum travel card does give a good value on all spends till 4L. Reserve is the shittiest Amex card.