• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Platinum Reserve - reimagined - updated version

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
This thread considers value of 1 MR at 33p which is very low. While this might be true for some people, Gold card compliments Amex trifecta perfectly, and for me personally, 1 MR comes out to more than ₹1 when I transfer it to Marriott Bonvoy, and Amex's 30% bonus offer is cherry on top. So Amex Gold is definitely a valuable card.
For someone who is flexible in his plans , MR points can give as high as 1-2 Rs value or even more if we consider the ultra lux marriot properties
But even the most basic redemptions Amex points can be valued at atleast 70p .

Deriving a value of 33p for MR would require some extra special talent 😆😆

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
This thread considers value of 1 MR at 33p which is very low. While this might be true for some people, Gold card compliments Amex trifecta perfectly, and for me personally, 1 MR comes out to more than ₹1 when I transfer it to Marriott Bonvoy, and Amex's 30% bonus offer is cherry on top. So Amex Gold is definitely a valuable card.
Good on you ... for usig the Gold in optimal way .. for both spending and redemption....
that is why I said clearly to achieve this, one need to satisfy both these two conditions..

1715582677280.png

For those, who can not satisfy both the above conditions then it is a medicore card.
SO we can safely say this card is targetted for very specific audience.. not for general audinece..

Every card will have some limitations to gain maximum return ...
but most of them will either have in
1) spend category or
2) Reedmption category

. where as GC has limitations on both sides .. That is my view here with regard to GC.

Last edited:

amitr29

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
For someone who is flexible in his plans , MR points can give as high as 1-2 Rs value or even more if we consider the ultra lux marriot properties
But even the most basic redemptions Amex points can be valued at atleast 70p .

Deriving a value of 33p for MR would require some extra special talent 😆😆
For that brain is required! Lot of people use their brain scarcely 😂

• Haha
Reactions: SSV

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Good on you ... for usig the Gold in optimal way .. for both spending and redemption....
that is why I said clearly to achieve this, one need to satisfy both these two conditions..

1715582677280.png

For those, who can not satisfy both the above conditions then it is a medicore card.
SO we can safely say this card is targetted for very specific audience.. not for general audinece..

Every card will have some limitations to gain maximum return ...
but most of them will either have in
1) spend category or
2) Reedmption category

. where as GC has limitations on both sides .. That is my view here with regard to GC.
But that's mostly the case with every credit card, the best value is always on certain categories both earn and burn
Magnus Burgundy best value on high spends above 1.5L a month
Best burn is point transfer at 5:4

Atlas best earn in travel category and burn is restricted to point transfer only

Infini or DCB best earning on Smartbuy and redemption also on smartbuy.