• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Platforms to check Credit Score for free

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

StanRoute66

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If you don't wanna spend some ₹1k per annum on CIBIL membership (Which has it's own advantages ) ,then here are a few Options to keep you updated on your Credit Profile for FREE :

1. OneScore - CIBIL + Experian (Once a Month)
  2. PaisaBazaar - CIBIL + Experian + CRIF + Equifax (Once a Month)
  3. BankBazaar - Don't even think about it (Trust me , just don't)
  4. Paytm - CIBIL for some , Equifax for some, Experian for Some (Once a Quarter)
  5. Bajaj Finserv- CIBIL (Once a Month) Link
  6. Kotak Bank - Experian (Once a Quarter)
  7. CRED - CRIF + Experian (Once a Month)
  8. Amazon App - CIBIL (Once a Quarter/3months , and works for a few people only )
  9. Payme IN - CIBIL (Whenever you want) Link [Be ready for Spam calls]
  10. Freecharge - CIBIL (Once a Quarter)
  11. Wishfin - CIBIL (Once a Month) Link
  12. IIFL - CIBIL (Whenever You want) Link
  13. Indialends - CIBIL (Once a month) Link [Be ready for SPAM Calls]
  14. CreditMantri - Equifax (Once a Month) Link
  15. Axis Bank - CIBIL (Once a Month) Link for Registration , Link for Returning Customer
  16. Bank Karo - CRIF (Once a month) Link
  17. Tata Neu - Experian (Tried only once) Under NeuPass Tab , press on "My Credit" .
  18. INDMoney App - Experian (Once a Month)
  19. BharatPe - Experian (Once a month)
  20. KhataBook - Experian (Once a month)
  21. MyMoneyKarma - Equifax (Once a Month) - Link
  22. Experian Business Account on Whatsapp - Experian (Whenever needed) - Link
  23. Airtel Thanks App - CRIF for some (CIBIL Discontinued)
  24. GPay App - CIBIL (Once a Month)
  25. Poonawalla Fincorp - CIBIL (Whenever You want) Link [Be ready for Spam calls]
  26. Fit.Credit App - CRIF (Once in 45 Days)
  27. Fi Money App - Experian (Once a Month & only for Fi Account Holders)
  28. Moneycontrol - CRIF (Once a Month) Link
  29. Groww Credit - CIBIL (Once a month; for now limited to Groww users) Link
  30. Another bank or Fintech apps ? Anymore platforms ? Let us know in this thread and I will keep updating this post .
Discontinued
  1. LazyPay - CIBIL (Once a Month) Link [Currently Discontinued]
  2. SBI Home Loan - CIBIL (Once a month) Link [Currently Discontinued]
  3. Yes Bank - CIBIL Score (Once a Month) Registration Link , Link for Returning Customers [Currently Discontinued]
  4. RBL - CIBIL Score (Once a Quarter/3months) Registration Link , Link for Returning Customers [Currently Discontinued]
  5. ICICI netBanking and iMobile App - CIBIL (Free only For Wealth Management Customers) (Once a Month) [Currently Discontinued]
  6. HDFC - CIBIL Score (Once a Month) Link to Register , Link for returning users [Currently Discontinued]

Last edited by a moderator:

Digvijay

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hey, @StanRoute66 @TechnoFino @Batmanbaba @Digvijay,

Can you request Cred for Equifax and CRIF score?

Has anyone getting CRIF and Equifax Score through Cred?
Cred has tie-up with Experian and Crif so no chance of getting Equifax score. (Both scores are showing in Cred app) Anyways, as far as I experienced CIBIL is go to credit score for many banks for evaluation because it's most updated one. Other credit bureaus' data varies and not up to date compared to CIBIL. So, if the CIBIL score is good no need to worry about other scores that much!

Credit Karma

TF Premier
@TechnoFino How to remove access to these apps to fetch Credit Report? Once upon a time, I gave permission to the PayTM app to fetch my Cibil and Equinox - no matter how many times I requested, they're not removing the access. Not only PayTM, in general how to remove the access to these apps/sites.
Usually, these apps get your permission through initial T&C to fetch your scores for upto a year or two.

So, stop visiting credit score tab on Paytm and/or these fintech websites.

In a year or so, due to not accepting T&C and the fact that "they" have to pay for it will automatically stop updating/fetching your score!

Cred has tie-up with Experian and Crif so no chance of getting Equifax score. (Both scores are showing in Cred app) Anyways, as far as I experienced CIBIL is go to credit score for many banks for evaluation because it's most updated one. Other credit bureaus' data varies and not up to date compared to CIBIL. So, if the CIBIL score is good no need to worry about other scores that much!
The reason I wanted Equifax because they are notoriously prone to errors in the other parts of the world.

Here, I'm checking these once a month atleast through PB, so I thought having an close "eye" over Equifax would worth it.

But, only CIBIL will do for me then!

I get CRiF score only... Not cibil or Equifax from cred
I heard they can give you two scores, just drop 'em a mail.

Digvijay

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
The reason I wanted Equifax because they are notoriously prone to errors in the other parts of the world.

Here, I'm checking these once a month atleast through PB, so I thought having an close "eye" over Equifax would worth it.

But, only CIBIL will do for me then!
They are patehtic. I have raised issue with their team so many times, still they have not updated report. My Equifax report is showing data from June, no further change. They are way too slow!

Credit Karma

TF Premier
They are patehtic. I have raised issue with their team so many times, still they have not updated report. My Equifax report is showing data from June, no further change. They are way too slow!
I also have somewhat similar experience.

My report is same since April 22. No change has happened in the score as well as report.

Equifax is slower than the snail mail.

TF Ace
TF Family
Hey, @StanRoute66 @TechnoFino @Batmanbaba @Digvijay,

Can you request Cred for Equifax and CRIF score?

Has anyone getting CRIF and Equifax Score through Cred?
I get CRiF score only... Not cibil or Equifax from cred
CRED has tie-up with CRiF, Experian, and Equifax. But they have two gating ways (to onboard a new customer), one is through Experian & CRiF and if any one of these scores can't be fetched for you they fetch Equifax. At max you can only see 2 scores (Experian & CRiF if you were gated through that way) OR at max 1 score (CRiF, if you were gated through this). They can't show all three as at present their system doesn't allow that. I only Experian for my account, escalated to enable other two. They successfully (after a month) added CRiF but were unable to add Equifax. And ultimately they told me it can't be fetched due to this.

Coming to Equifax score, I have recently noticed they have reported one of credit my accounts as closed which is incorrect. Will check next report before escalation. Other reports are fine. And I agree they are slow at updating credit report.

Digvijay

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
CRED has tie-up with CRiF, Experian, and Equifax. But they have two gating ways (to onboard a new customer), one is through Experian & CRiF and if any one of these scores can't be fetched for you they fetch Equifax. At max you can only see 2 scores (Experian & CRiF if you were gated through that way) OR at max 1 score (CRiF, if you were gated through this). They can't show all three as at present their system doesn't allow that. I only Experian for my account, escalated to enable other two. They successfully (after a month) added CRiF but were unable to add Equifax. And ultimately they told me it can't be fetched due to this.

Coming to Equifax score, I have recently noticed they have reported one of credit my accounts as closed which is incorrect. Will check next report before escalation. Other reports are fine. And I agree they are slow at updating credit report.
Thanks for info. Will check with CRED team for further details.

Akash Topder

TF Premier
I was only fetched CIBIL from SBI Home loans once. From the 2nd time I got errors like this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-10-03-13-11-40-15_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-03-13-11-40-15_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 34

Akash Topder

TF Premier
Indialends is not 'whenever you want'
It's once a month. I tried to see my CIBIL but it's showing me previous month's score.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-10-03-13-30-27-78_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-03-13-30-27-78_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 18

ontherocks

TF Premier
try to close the app get back in click manage or anything else other than check score on cibil card it works for me.
i do think its a bug as no one makes UI in such a way.
You mean if you log out and log back in and then click again on "Accounts and Deposits" --> "My Credit Bureau Report", it doesn't pop up asking for Rs.440 payment?

Mogul

TF Buzz
I couldn't recognise the accounts that are active in my name, the lender and the actual lender is different

Ghost655

TF Select
You mean if you log out and log back in and then click again on "Accounts and Deposits" --> "My Credit Bureau Report", it doesn't pop up asking for Rs.440 payment?
It sometimes does happen i think , haven't tried in a long time, but i do remember get the reports multiple times. Dont know if it's restricted to certain time limit between every report request. I have already told this could be a bug in Imobile or could be their is some time restriction between every request.

samss

TF Buzz
If you don't wanna spend some ₹1k per annum on CIBIL membership (Which has it's own advantages ) ,then here are a few Options to keep you updated on your Credit Profile for FREE :

1. HDFC - CIBIL Score (Once a Month) Link to Register , Link for returning users [Currently Discontinued]
2. OneScore - CIBIL + Experian (Once a Month)
3. PaisaBazaar - CIBIL + CRIF + Equifax (Once a Month)
4. BankBazaar - Don't even think about it (Trust me , just don't)
5. Paytm - CIBIL for some , Equifax for some, Experian for Some (Once a Quarter)
6. SBI Home Loan - CIBIL (Whenever you want) Link
7. Bajaj Finserv- CIBIL (Whenever you want) Link
8. Kotak Bank - Experian (Once a Month)
9. CRED - CRIF + Experian (Once a Month)
10. Amazon App - CIBIL (Once a Quarter/3months , and works for a few people only )
11. Payme IN - CIBIL (Whenever you want) Link [Be ready for Spam calls]
12. Freecharge - CIBIL (Once a Month)
13. Wishfin - CIBIL (Once a Month) Link
14. IIFL - CIBIL (Whenever You want) Link
15. MyMoney (App) by IIFL - CIBIL , Experian (Once a Month)
16. Indialends - CIBIL (Whenever You want) Link
17. RBL - CIBIL Score (Once a Quarter/3months) Registration Link , Link for Returning Customers
18. Yes Bank - CIBIL Score (Once a Month) Registration Link , Link for Returning Customers
19. CreditMantri - Equifax (Once a Month) Link
20. Axis Bank - CIBIL (Once a Month) Link for Registration , Link for Returning Customer [Currently Discontinued]
21. LazyPay - CIBIL (Once a Month) Link
22. Bank Karo - CRIF (Once a month) Link
24. Tata Neu - Experian (Tried only once) Under NeuPass Tab , press on "My Credit" .
25. INDMoney App - Experian (Once a Month)
26. BharatPe - Experian (Once a month)
27. KhataBook - Experian (Once a month)
28. Another bank or Fintech apps ? Anymore platforms ? Let us know in this thread and I will keep updating this post .
Please add SBI Card app which shows CIBIL (once a month). I use this frequently.

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.