• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Check credit score for free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob78900

TF Premier
OneScore, Paytm, Amazon, HDFC Cibil portal.
(Not included bankbazar as apparently it won't be updating Cibil or something)
I checked in hdfc it is asking me id and password which i don't no and also there is no option for Singup

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-04-17-03-38-00-800_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-04-17-03-38-00-800_com.android.chrome.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11

prc1990

TF Ace
How many time i can check score in hdfc i read somewhere and it says only once a year
----------------------------------------------------------------
Through HDFC you can check your CIBIL once/month

Through CIBIL directly, you can check once/year unless you opt for any subscription

jay

TF Select
Foreign Credit Card Expert
VIP Lounge
Hotel Loyalty Expert
Airmiles Expert
Credit Card Expert
Get a cibil.com subscription, it is the best ₹1200 you will spend in a year. Gives you real-time alerts about inquiries, and details about your credit report, and you can update and refresh your score each day. Whenever you check your score with a third-party intermediary such as PayTM, OneCard, or even banks such as HDFC, this data i.e. your report is also shared with the third party intermediary in between. As they say, when it is free, you are the product.

KumarS

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
There is always difference between paid and free, and large regulated bank and small fintech.

If one is getting all features for free, because HDFC can afford to give to all customers, you can take it for freem instead of taking a paid option from CIBIL

akshayhs

TF Ace
How many time i can check score in hdfc i read somewhere and it says only once a year
You get a free credit report with HDFC that can be accessed anytime. You're eligible to refresh your credit report for free, once a calendar month.

With CIBIL on their own portal, you're entitled to get a free credit report once a year only. If you want your latest credit report every month, then they ask you to subscribe by paying fees depending on the plan you want to opt for.

I have a CIBIL subscription that I have opted for a year because it is cheap and I might as well keep track of my reports whenever I so desire. With a paid plan, you can refresh your score every day as well. It's up to you whether you want to subscribe, or not.

Another alternative is to use OneScore where they provide your reports from two popular bureaus: TU Cibil and Experian. This is free for all and you get your refreshed reports, typically 30-45 days (depending on the credit monitoring institution).

jay

TF Select
Foreign Credit Card Expert
VIP Lounge
Hotel Loyalty Expert
Airmiles Expert
Credit Card Expert
There is always difference between paid and free, and large regulated bank and small fintech.

If one is getting all features for free, because HDFC can afford to give to all customers, you can take it for freem instead of taking a paid option from CIBIL
There is no such thing as free lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.