• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

PhonePe Query

SC_23

TF Premier
Phonepe is not allowing me to link any other bank account with mobile number@axl; ixl or ybl even if I unlink the bank account associated with it. Its permanently blocked with that bank account.

Like in gpay all it takes is to delete upi id on bank section and you can use same upi id for other bank account

I have seen people using multiple accounts on phonepe, do they have to make new custom upi id for every bank account ?
Like for first bank account I can create 6 upi id one with mobile bank number variation and one custom.

What will be the procedure for second bank account onwards ? 3 custom upi id only which cant be linked to other bank accounts?

So my mobile number phonepe upi id completely useless if I no longer use that bank account ?

Is this normal or just a glitch in my case ?

SC_23

TF Premier
I don't understand your question
What exactly do you want

Please simplify
Like default UPI ID for phonepe is your mobile number@vpa as with gpay it is your email id username@vpa

And you can link any bank account in gpay with same upi id but in phonepe my mobile number@vpa is permanently attached to Kotak bank account

Now no matter what I do I cant link that upi id with different bank account; they have reserved it for Kotak account

So now if I want to use any other bank account on phonepe I have to make new custom upi id as default vpa is forever linked with Kotak even if I close that bloody account

Grogu

TF Premier
Any solution to this PhonePe UPI issue? My mobile number (default id) is locked to Federal Bank, I'd like to change it to Axis / HDFC Bank.
On apps like Paytm, we can link any bank account.

Strange

TF Legend
Phonepe is forcing me to create a new UPI id for each account. I was using a single UPI ID for all accounts but phonepe has deactivated those accounts only default account is active and forcing me to create a new UPI to activate other linked accounts. I don't want to create a new UPI ID. How can I use single UPI ID for all accounts?

@VISHESH_BANSAL @Vasuki @doraemon @Abhishek012

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
Phonepe is forcing me to create a new UPI id for each account. I was using a single UPI ID for all accounts but phonepe has deactivated those accounts only default account is active and forcing me to create a new UPI to activate other linked accounts. I don't want to create a new UPI ID. How can I use single UPI ID for all accounts?

Phone pe has a policy for separated upi id for separated bank account

Just like

Gu pay

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

True .. phone is trying to fill the shoes of spamkart