• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

PayTM postpaid limit increase offer

rockyBalboa

TF Premier
I have a limit increase offer in my PayTM postpaid account. Credit provider is Aditya Birla Finance Ltd. My question is, will they do a credit search if I accept the limit increase offer?

cardwizard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have a limit increase offer in my PayTM postpaid account. Credit provider is Aditya Birla Finance Ltd. My question is, will they do a credit search if I accept the limit increase offer?
But these will be shown as personal loan in cibil right similar to amazon pay later.. or is it different?
If it is similar then not worth it right.. usually to increase the limit they will add a new loan for the difference amount, at least this is what they do in case of amazon pay later and all.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Prestige
But these will be shown as personal loan in cibil right similar to amazon pay later.. or is it different?
If it is similar then not worth it right.. usually to increase the limit they will add a new loan for the difference amount, at least this is what they do in case of amazon pay later and all.
ABFL does not report it as Personal loan neither as Consumer Loan.

ABFL report it as "other"

rockyBalboa

TF Premier
How did you close them? is there any positive or negative impact on credit score if closed?
I requested customer service on phone. Both were closed smoothly without any issues and also received NOC from IDFC. After closing my credit score improved a little. But if you're planning to close your pay later accounts and if they are your oldest accounts then think over it before closing, as closing them might affect your credit score negatively.

captaintorchtm

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I requested customer service on phone. Both were closed smoothly without any issues and also received NOC from IDFC. After closing my credit score improved a little. But if you're planning to close your pay later accounts and if they are your oldest accounts then think over it before closing, as closing them might affect your credit score negatively.
they are my latest accounts (few months old) and this FK gave me 2.5k limit :p and i don't use them anyway.

Cosmicgaze

TF Select
They do not do a hard enquiry, they just ask to confirm. I got le 2 times. They only modify the sanctioned amount.
Clix finance reports as consumer loan, ABFL reports as others.
I did not notice score go down since applying. However when they shifted me to ABFL and closed clixfinance my score increased. But when ABFL got added score went down for a bit and went up again.
I always try to pay my dues before 25th since they report every 3 months sometimes monthly around end of month but the outstanding balance doesn’t reflect at that point sometimes outstanding can be very low or high. So if you only have that and no other credit accounts score can go down 7-8 points and then go back up again.

P B R G

TF Ace
They do not do a hard enquiry, they just ask to confirm. I got le 2 times. They only modify the sanctioned amount.
Clix finance reports as consumer loan, ABFL reports as others.
I did not notice score go down since applying. However when they shifted me to ABFL and closed clixfinance my score increased. But when ABFL got added score went down for a bit and went up again.
I always try to pay my dues before 25th since they report every 3 months sometimes monthly around end of month but the outstanding balance doesn’t reflect at that point sometimes outstanding can be very low or high. So if you only have that and no other credit accounts score can go down 7-8 points and then go back up again.
Same here. I always clear my Paytm postpaid outstanding before month end so that my utilisation always remains 0 in Credit bureaus.

Do you have to accept terms and conditions for such increase. I received text messages to see offers of increase in limit in an account with I have requested to cancel (amazon pay later provided by axio). I just clicked on the link to see what it is and since then I received message such as - Thanks Mr. XYZ for showing interest in personal loan. To check your loan amount click here.
Now do they automatically increase the limit even if I click a link to check offers. I have not given any info to them nor filled any application. I just hope they are spams.

Attachments

• IMG_6965.jpeg
    IMG_6965.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6967.jpeg
    IMG_6967.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 23

rockyBalboa

TF Premier
Do you have to accept terms and conditions for such increase. I received text messages to see offers of increase in limit in an account with I have requested to cancel (amazon pay later provided by axio). I just clicked on the link to see what it is and since then I received message such as - Thanks Mr. XYZ for showing interest in personal loan. To check your loan amount click here.
Now do they automatically increase the limit even if I click a link to check offers. I have not given any info to them nor filled any application. I just hope they are spams.
For PayTM postpaid they don't automatically increase the limit just by clicking a link, you have to accept terms and conditions. Not sure about Amazon pay later.