• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

paytm postpaid Closure impact

Post number 7 has been selected as best answer.

Survivor35

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I had a paytm postpaid account for 500rs opened in Dec 2021.only used once accidently for 5 rs that was paid immediately along with service charge n GST.

Today it was closed and Noc has been sent.

1)will I see any increase in cibil in upcoming report.
2)if I apply again will I get higher limit.

Only reason I'm thinking to reapply only if I get higher paytmpostpaid limit which would help both in reducing overall utilization and mixed portfolio of cc and loans. Earlier it was paytym postpaid(closed) , postpe, mobikwik zip, manapurram(closed)

Last edited:

D₹V

TF Prestige
I had a paytm postpaid account for 500rs opened in Dec 2021.only used once accidently for 5 rs and was paid immediately along with service charge n GST.

2)if I apply again will I get higher limit
1. Yes
2. Yes

Survivor35

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
you cant apply again as small loans disbursal is clossing down
I don't use paytm postpaid at all, so even if I don't get it again its OK for me.

The limit was 500 rs plus convenience charges waiting for upcoming report i think Jan 24 score should be high

Only reason I'm thinking to reapply only if I get higher paytmpostpaid limit which would help both in reducing overall utilization and mixed portfolio of cc and loans. Earlier it was paytym postpaid(closed) , postpe, mobikwik zip, manapurram(closed)

Would closing mobikwik zip also make any significant bump in score?

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yes .. it will definitely assist your CIBIL score..

Not advisable at all..

BNPL - BIG NO

from CIBIL perspective ..

Overall utilization is a myth.. Account level utilization is the one that matters significantly...

Mixed Portfoio is good.. but BNPL is not the right choice ..

ALl the best

Survivor35

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes .. it will definitely assist your CIBIL score.. Not advisable at all.. BNPL - BIG NO from CIBIL perspective .. Overall utilization is a myth.. Account level utilization is the one that matters significantly... Mixed Portfoio is good.. but BNPL is not the right choice .. ALl the best
I will close mobikwik zip too and ask for NOC.

Hoping closing even this bnpl will help spiking cibil

Cosmicgaze

TF Select
Postpaid never got factored into the utilisation percentage. However when the total outstanding was lower at reporting time score increased and higher nearer to the limit score decreased.

My postpaid account did not get closed I can still use it at merchant it used to work many places before now it only works at few grocery stores pharmacies butcher shops.

If you close they will most likely offer you a new one if they deem that they can upsell other loan products. And if they do certainly the limit will be higher.

I can’t say if bnpl is bad or good. ( I only use Paytm postpaid haven’t applied for others) I find it convenient for me don’t have to worry of loading wallet or entering upi pins. It’s quick. Infact in the past I had defaulted on my credit card and lost it. I got postpaid in 2019 or before and it really helped me build scores.
I have it since then and now 3 credit cards my cibil is at 790

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Don't open Paytm postpaid .. keep Flipkart pay later as former shows as short term personal loan .later shows as loan .on cibil
I had a paytm postpaid account for 500rs opened in Dec 2021.only used once accidently for 5 rs that was paid immediately along with service charge n GST.