• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Opened ICICI Wealth saving account with zero opening balance

tiny

TF Premier
So I see a lot of discussions here about people getting confused regarding the minimum cheque required for opening the wealth account. I will say it depends on the BM and the guy handling wealth.

hackymanoj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes, in general to open this account you need to give 10 lakhs cheque. However, I opened the account with only initial funding of 5 lakhs as the BM got some approvals for this. Mine is in Tier - 3 city

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
So I see a lot of discussions here about people getting confused regarding the minimum cheque required for opening the wealth account. I will say it depends on the BM and the guy handling wealth.
I opened it with 1 lakh cheque with '0' AMB after I got invitation email from ICICI Wealth management team on the basis of my ICICI APay CC with Rs. 6.40 lakhs limit. Had no prior relationship with the bank except APay CC.

Arun Pratheep

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I opened it with 1 lakh cheque with '0' AMB after I got invitation email from ICICI Wealth management team on the basis of my ICICI APay CC with Rs. 6.40 lakhs limit. Had no prior relationship with the bank except APay CC.
How did you got the invite? Did you mail them for wealth account?

SamPtnk

TF Ace
no, not true. Mine account is still ICICI privilege, but I am having much more limit than that. I also have savings and current account with them
Well for my friends and me were auto upgraded once our CL crossed above 6L , mine was even lower at 5.6L
But they do upgrade most of the accounts on the basis of one's CL and this was verified via RM
Privilege comes at 2.5L ish

krishc

TF Ace
Well for my friends and me were auto upgraded once our CL crossed above 6L , mine was even lower at 5.6L
But they do upgrade most of the accounts on the basis of one's CL and this was verified via RM
Privilege comes at 2.5L ish
When you get upgraded this way, do they provide you with debit card of wealth account, or you've to ask for it?

Asking coz, recently opened zero MAB Gold Privilege account through local branch after convincing the RM to make it zero MAB.
But the thing is I've got the most basic debit card with the opening kit and I want the Gold Privilege debit card that comes complimentary with this account.

SamPtnk

TF Ace
When you get upgraded this way, do they provide you with debit card of wealth account, or you've to ask for it?

Asking coz, recently opened zero MAB Gold Privilege account through local branch after convincing the RM to make it zero MAB.
But the thing is I've got the most basic debit card with the opening kit and I want the Gold Privilege debit card that comes complimentary with this account.
You have to make a request via their wealth no . else your existing Dc continues

During the form fill up there is a option to get cheque book/DC via post you need to tick that and reject the insta kit. Insta kit is useless and its same for every account

Ignore gold card , call up their CC no and ask for rupay card . Has many perks

Last edited: