• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

NPCI has asked the banks to provide higher limits to Rupay credit card customers

D₹V

TF Prestige
Accept to hota nahi kahape
Or fail hua to paisa wapas milta nahi
Uske upar chindi rewards

Limit ka kya kare ?

They should have made till 5K MDR free and hosted some workshop to all the merchants regarding this

Chai sutta me hi biggest scope tha is program ka
Bhaiya mere idhar to lagbhag sab CC se accept karte

Kuch log nahi karte hain.

Kuch shop owners ko main suggest bhi karta hoon turn on karne ke liye because 2k tak koi charges nhi hai.

Thoda awareness ki jarurat hai, wo hum bhi kar sakte hain at small scale.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
But I am talking about payment of Rs 1000 using UPI through PNB Rupay Credit card. I was charged Fuel Surcharge + GST. And no refund of Surcharge also.
Except Axis bank, i dnt think so any other banks are implement yet RuPay CC link UPI fuel surchase wavier.

We need to wait and also complaint to the bank. So, they can implement this feature ASAP.

By the way, i always told we need to wait atleast 2 years. After 2 years, 90% RuPay CC link UPI problem will auto solved.

There's a quote in business "A chicken and egg situation".

You can't launch your product without implementing all the features and without launch you can't test your product and implement all the features.

Always remember one important thing, anything can be made in the laboratory but when you test in real field, you will know how much work you have done.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer

Kuch shop owners ko main suggest bhi karta hoon turn on karne ke liye because 2k tak koi charges nhi hai.

Bihar me ? Patna me ?

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
But have anyone of you met anyone who has had used an ICICI CC unironically (for day to day to transactions)
Ya me.

I got 0.50% or 1% RP on all ICICI RuPay CC link UPI transactions.

Merchant names -

mein-nahi-bataunga-johnny-lever.gif

yolofino

TF Ace
I think it is already present, someone posted that when you pay in Shell using UPI, fuel credit cards like Axis IOCL and others earn accelerated reward points meant for fuel specific MCCs. I could be wrong tho, better to let the experts have the final word...

I once paid at an IOCL petrol pump via BoB Premier Rupay JCB credit card via UPI and 2 days later I was charged 13 rupees extra as fuel surcharge. I think the fuel amount was Rs. 250.

RishiKiDev

TF Ace
Positive news for Rupay Credit Card users: You may soon see credit limit increase offer on your Rupay credit cards. NPCI (which owns Rupay network) has asked the banks to provide higher limits to Rupay credit card customers. So that, they can use the card for high value transactions.

IMG_20231201_084025_598.jpg

Official article: https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...f-big-ticket-spends/articleshow/105634329.cms
Banks like SBI Cards, RBL and IDFC etc. are already feeling the crunch after RBI increased the risk weightage on Unsecured loans.

Those banks with huge deposits like HDFC and ICICI will be having fun. But pureplay unsecured lenders having majority market share in unsecured lending like SBI Cards, RBL and IDFC will suffer the most as they don't have much avenues to increase deposits to continue limit increases

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
I once paid at an IOCL petrol pump via BoB Premier Rupay JCB credit card via UPI and 2 days later I was charged 13 rupees extra as fuel surcharge. I think the fuel amount was Rs. 250.
BoB Premier RuPay JCB credit card -

1% fuel surcharge waiver at all fuel stations across India on transactions between Rs.400 and Rs.5,000.

If BOB is implement UPI fuel surcharge wavier then you need to pay between Rs.400 and Rs.5,000.

cooldude74

TF Select
Yes, Bihar me.
That's nice to know... and certainly a way ahead.

In fact, there are certain incorrigible small shop owners in a metro like Bombay too who shy away from this and refuse to turn on the acceptance of smaller amounts up to 2 K in spite of aprising them of nil charges. So it seems cash is still king here.

AlphaCAT

TF Ace
Contributor
Except Axis bank, i dnt think so any other banks are implement yet RuPay CC link UPI fuel surchase wavier.

We need to wait and also complaint to the bank. So, they can implement this feature ASAP.

By the way, i always told we need to wait atleast 2 years. After 2 years, 90% RuPay CC link UPI problem will auto solved.

There's a quote in business "A chicken and egg situation".

You can't launch your product without implementing all the features and without launch you can't test your product and implement all the features.

Always remember one important thing, anything can be made in the laboratory but when you test in real field, you will know how much work you have done.
Kotak also provides fuel surcharge waiver for Rupay CC on UPI .

AlphaCAT

TF Ace
Contributor
I use almost daily. Earlier was using Neu Plus but had to close that card coz HDFC wasn’t issuing a core card if that was active .

All UPI credit cards are more or less the same except Tata Neu which is quite good even with Rs 500 cap .
But have anyone of you met anyone who has had used an ICICI CC unironically (for day to day to transactions)

AlphaCAT

TF Ace
Contributor

Mere idhar v almost saare hi merchants accept karte hain despite being a Tier 3 city in Bihar !