• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[Not available for all, as of now] Google Wallet is Live in India Now

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
i did install today after seeing this post..works fine it even auto imported all my saved cards from google pay to google wallet . the version i installed is 24.14.624999705
Still showing not available on my Android..
No traces on my iOS as well.
I use gpay on my iPhone though..

Screenshot_20240422_124643_Google Play Store.jpg

TF Ace
TF Family

techhdate

TF Premier
@SSV its not yet on playstore..you have to side-load it by downloading the apk and installing it...even after installing itll still show up on your play store like this but it works

Attachments

• photo_2024-04-22_12-56-53.jpg
    photo_2024-04-22_12-56-53.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Try this Android apk:
@SSV its not yet on playstore..you have to side-load it by downloading the apk and installing it...even after installing itll still show up on your play store like this but it works
Screenshot_20240422-130007.jpg
@SSV Same here, but if you wish to download anyway from playstore, download it using VPN and clearing playstore data.
Thanks guys for the advice.. but I will wait for the official release from the play store… it’s just me being myself… ;)
Still much appreciated though

TheGuy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@SSV since you are following this topic, I ask you this- how is this better compared to Samsung Wallet? What new does it bring.

I understand not all have Samsung Wallet, I just wanted to know differentiation.

#aniket

TF Ace
@SSV since you are following this topic, I ask you this- how is this better compared to Samsung Wallet? What new does it bring.

I understand not all have Samsung Wallet, I just wanted to know differentiation.
For Samsung Devices, Samsung Wallet has enriched features even for UPI and all, in comparison to Google Wallet.

The matter is, any Android user can use Google wallet unlike in case of Samsung Wallet, if the device is NFC enabled.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

For Samsung Devices, Samsung Wallet has enriched features even for UPI and all, in comparison to Google Wallet.

The matter is, any Android user can use Google wallet unlike in case of Samsung Wallet, if the device is NFC enabled.
@#aniket bhai summed it up nicely , but once google wallet is officially released I will give my opinion …
Btw, I don’t use Samsung wallet but I can still give my opinion on both of these once gwallet is released

Shoxie

TF Premier

Is samsung wallet any better than Gpay for card payments? I currently just use Gpay for Tap and Pay and also for UPI transactions. Never really used specific app for wallet.

TheGuy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Is samsung wallet any better than Gpay for card payments?
Depends on your phone. For older Samsung flagships (S9 and Note 10s), they had MST and NFC Technology. Effectively Samsung Pay would work on ALL machines, even older ones as MST is nearly same tech as mimicking cards stripe.

Other point maybe- Samsung Pay and Google Wallet support different card providers, so one may be in Google's list and not in Samsung's list.
Btw, I don’t use Samsung wallet but I can still give my opinion on both of these once gwallet is released
Looking forward to it.

Shoxie

TF Premier
Depends on your phone. For older Samsung flagships (S9 and Note 10s), they had MST and NFC Technology. Effectively Samsung Pay would work on ALL machines, even older ones as MST is nearly same tech as mimicking cards stripe.

Other point maybe- Samsung Pay and Google Wallet support different card providers, so one may be in Google's list and not in Samsung's list.

Looking forward to it.
Understood, thanks! 3 words damn it!