• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Never used Edge Rewards & had 8000 points expire as per RM: How can I use some ASAP to avoid more loss?

insight

TF Ace
As I was bed ridden for few years I never got a chance to check or keep track of what all I was losing besides this body : :D LOL!

Prefer to not rush, but maybe there are small bite size portions I can use?

Total current is approx 12000 something.

Recent Email:

Points expiry Summary
Month
Points to expire
Expiry Date
September
30-09-23
October​
7​
31-10-23​
November​
10​
30-11-23​
Total points expiring in 3 months​
41​

tn_72

TF Select
Ok. Thanks. How do redeem for that?

I am not using hotels much per se, just medical travel once a month for a week or so to Hyd and Back.
As @Noctis7 mentioned, it depends on the card. If you have Axis Privilege credit card you can avail multiband voucher via gyftr.com/rewards/privilegecard Through which you can get 0.4 p for every edge reward point as opposed to 0.2 p from Amzn. I have Privilege and i have redeemed my points few week ago, so i can confirm. I do not have Magnus, so i really don't know if it has any better redemption options. But since you mentioned you do not use for travel multibrand voucher might be better option when compared to Amzn voucher.

Noctis7

TF Select
Magnus (Mid 2023).
World Privilege MC (2020):

If you have privilege then you can get .4r per point by redeeming the "multi brand" voucher on the rewards store which can be used for a selected no of stores including myntra. Unlike sites like tata cliq, myntra allows you to use the gift card money along with their normal coupon discounts, so this has been my primary method of redeeming edge rewards before the Magnus airmiles options came along.

Alternatively you can also transfer to ITC green points and use it for dining or pretty much any service from most of their hotels. But with the recent devaluation this is also at .4 rupee so there isn't much of an advantage anymore.

insight

TF Ace
As @Noctis7 mentioned, it depends on the card. If you have Axis Privilege credit card you can avail multiband voucher via gyftr.com/rewards/privilegecard Through which you can get 0.4 p for every edge reward point as opposed to 0.2 p from Amzn.
So I keep noticing this MB voucher being mentioned. What is it per se?
I have Privilege and i have redeemed my points few week ago, so i can confirm. I do not have Magnus, so i really don't know if it has any better redemption options.
So, another thing I asked here as well as Axis folks was
What's the point of paying 1.5k for Privilege Card when one has Magnus?
Any perks that WP has Magnus doesn't?
Why are you keeping P when you have M?

I was bed ridden since few years and US prior to that, so I asked for any CC from RM, at the time he got me WP in 2020.

So for unlimited lounge access (medical travel) I asked them to get me Magnus (Mid 2023, before deval drama).

We also recently converted to Burgundy so contemplating SELECT card and/ or Mag Burg.
But since you mentioned you do not use for travel multibrand voucher might be better option when compared to Amzn voucher.
Context: I started medical treatments in South, and travel once a month related to that. Outside of that body would not endure more.

If you have privilege then you can get .4r per point by redeeming the "multi brand" voucher on the rewards store which can be used for a selected no of stores including myntra.
I need a good "insight" on what is this Multi Brand V that people here talks about :D Lost and clueless.
Unlike sites like tata cliq, myntra allows you to use the gift card money along with their normal coupon discounts, so this has been my primary method of redeeming edge rewards before the Magnus airmiles options came along.
Ok. Thanks for the math benefits :D
What's the point of paying 1.5k for Privilege Card when one has Magnus?
Any perks that WP has Magnus doesn't?
Why are you keeping P when you have M?

Alternatively you can also transfer to ITC green points and use it for dining or pretty much any service from most of their hotels.
With my current body, I cant travel much or eat outside or heavy/ rich food as such.. until i get fixed up.
But with the recent devaluation this is also at .4 rupee so there isn't much of an advantage anymore.
I only wish I had better idea of these things, but just being alive now is enough :D LOL!

Try to learn sort and catch up with too many things as time passed me by :D

tn_72

TF Select
@insight

here is the link to redeem the multibrand voucher: https://edgerewards.axisbank.co.in/...ilege Card?productId=IV24&redeemNowEvent=true

You can use the 2500 voucher from the above link for different merchant listed in gyftr redemption link (which will sent via e-mail) after you enter voucher code. To answer why this privilege card is beneficial, it is subjective and based on personal circumstances. In my case, i had around 20000 edge reward points accumulated from using Axis bank debit card and Axis my zone credit card for last two years. If i were to redeem the point as such it would be at 0.2 paisa per point. So for 20000,i can redeem for 4000. But i wanted to redeem via multiband voucher as conversion would be 0.4p per edge reward point, so upgraded myzone to Privilege. Yes, you pay 1500 plus GST as fees for this card, but you get 12500 edger rewards points as activation benefit which is worth 5000 INR if you redeem via multibrand voucher. And the good thing is, i can also redeem my old points also for multibrand voucher. which would be another 7500. I have also read somewhere in this forum, before the recent devaluation it would be more beneficial to redeem edge reward points at a higher conversion rate if transferred to travel partners for airline booking. Anyways, I am not eligible for Magnus at that time, so i decided to get privilege card to redeem points. At the same time, i would not renew my card after card anniversary year, as i am now consolidating all my expenses to my recently upgraded atlas card. I guess the privilege card that you have is a Mastercard world variant which was issued by Axis bank before the mastercard temp ban? If you had paid the annual fees, did it come with 2 X 2500 INR Yatra vouchers as welcome benefit? I was not sure about the specific variant you have, you can call customer care to see if it can be redeemed for multibrand voucher as you don not want to redeem your points for travel.

insight

TF Ace
@insight

here is the link to redeem the multibrand voucher: https://edgerewards.axisbank.co.in/lms/product-details/Multi Brand Voucher Rs. 2500/Privilege Card?productId=IV24&redeemNowEvent=true

You can use the 2500 voucher from the above link for different merchant listed in gyftr redemption link (which will sent via e-mail) after you enter voucher code.

To answer why this privilege card is beneficial, it is subjective and based on personal circumstances.

In my case, I had around 20000 edge reward points accumulated from using Axis bank debit card and Axis my zone credit card for last two years.

If i were to redeem the point as such it would be at 0.2 paisa per point. So for 20000,i can redeem for 4000.

But i wanted to redeem via multiband voucher as conversion would be 0.4p per edge reward point, so upgraded myzone to Privilege.
Whenever I spoke to Axis they say they dont upgrade cards unless an automated system generated Upgrade offer exists, only close and open. How & when did you do this?
Yes, you pay 1500 plus GST as fees for this card, but you get 12500 edger rewards points as activation benefit which is worth 5000 INR if you redeem via multibrand voucher.
So I was bed ridden for few years and needed a CC to order things and had no idea what to ask for (add to it Pandemic time) so our Axis RM in 2020, gave me Privilege (World MC). I am not even sure what all it gave or not as I was so badly unwell.

My guess is this is the 12500 ERPs that I lost + maybe more.

I had asked him for a card without annual fee but he said this is FYF and not sure if any LTF cards were on offer at the time. Any idea if there were?
This is Spring/ Mid 2020 / Peak Pandemic & peaking of my medical issues.
And the good thing is, i can also redeem my old points also for multibrand voucher. which would be another 7500.

I have also read somewhere in this forum, before the recent devaluation it would be more beneficial to redeem edge reward points at a higher conversion rate if transferred to travel partners for airline booking.
Interesting, sorry for late reply as I found your BIG TEXT CHUNK hard to read, so I finally went through today to make things readable and comprehend what you wrote :D
Anyways, I am not eligible for Magnus at that time, so i decided to get privilege card to redeem points.

At the same time, i would not renew my card after card anniversary year, as i am now consolidating all my expenses to my recently upgraded atlas card.
Interesting. So that way you are ATLAS focused.
I guess the privilege card that you have is a Mastercard world variant which was issued by Axis bank before the mastercard temp ban?
Not sure when/ how long the MC ban window was. I got card sometime in 2020.
If you had paid the annual fees, did it come with 2 X 2500 INR Yatra vouchers as welcome benefit?
I wish I had seen / known what it came with at the time.
I was not sure about the specific variant you have, you can call customer care to see if it can be redeemed for multibrand voucher as you don not want to redeem your points for travel.
I'll check. Was your Priv card MC or Visa?

cardio_guy

TF Ace
Even if some of your points expire, you don't have to worry. Call Axis Customer care and tell that you want to close the card, and they will give you around 2000-3000 edge reward points to stay back. You can try this once in 6 months and earn some 4000-6000 free points per year.
(Many people in this forum have got this.)

insight

TF Ace
Even if some of your points expire, you don't have to worry. Call Axis Customer care and tell that you want to close the card, and they will give you around 2000-3000 edge reward points to stay back. You can try this once in 6 months and earn some 4000-6000 free points per year.
(Many people in this forum have got this.)
Thanks for sharing. I had no idea.
Would this work even if one has "low or no spends" recently due to getting Magnus?