• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need some guidance with HDFC Bank Classic Banking

PayKaroAbhi

TF Premier
I have a 5 years old Digi Save Youth savings account in HDFC Bank (5K MAB required).

I'm maintaining 1 Lac+ in the account for almost 10 months now but haven't received any pre-approved Classic Banking upgrade offer. I recently transferred my account to my nearest branch. I visited the branch and submitted the classic banking sign-up form to the banker and waited for two weeks but nothing happened. I called him and he was saying those usual words like Don't worry sir, will do it sir etc. He again asked my number and after some time said that their server is not responding.

Also the same banker who asked me to submit the form is now saying that classic banking can't be provided via form method now. I mean then why did he asked me to do so man!

In short, I can totally understand the fact that he's not providing that intentionally.

I have raised my concern on Twitter but haven't received any satisfactory response.

What to do now?
Is there any other way to get that?

Haven't ever seen such pathetic service of a private bank. People usually complain about Kotak Bank but they're far better than this atleast for me.

PayKaroAbhi

TF Premier
It is better to close the account in the said branch. Also you can open any varient of account and later on can upgrade it to Classic or Preferred banking after maintaining the required MAB.
Yeah, will talk with the manager for the last time tomorrow. If it doesn't work then will submit the closure request.

PayKaroAbhi

TF Premier
Seems like an issue with the branch, try with the second nearest branch, because if your current branch is not co-operating and somehow you get Classic banking, the RM assigned from that branch would most probably not be that knowledgeable. So try with some other branch
I am fool that's why I transferred my account from the second nearest branch to this unprofessional branch. 🙂🙂

tushu5121

TF Premier
I am fool that's why I transferred my account from the second nearest branch to this unprofessional branch. 🙂🙂
If branch manager don't get agree for classic.
Try with savings max account then upgrade into classic that can definatoy work.
I talked with my Friend who is a relation manager in hdfc
He told me that
For classic banking upgradation you need a one step lower account like savings max then can be classic banking possible

PayKaroAbhi

TF Premier
He told me that
For classic banking upgradation you need a one step lower account like savings max then can be classic banking possible
Yes bro totally agree, because they always want us to use their top class accounts. Though if the manager is ready to give you classic banking then you can get it even with your basic account. My friend is using normal individual current account and he's using imperia from last 5 years. He doesn't even maintain the required balance for imperia but has good relationship with bank. It's the manager of my branch who is ignoring me. 😒

magneto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
He told me that
There is no such rule that we need Savings Max account to enrol ourselves in the premier banking programs. Actually if we get Savings Max then minimum balance criteria would be 25k AMB and after enrolling in Classic/Preferred/Imperia they won't charge anything if you don't maintain but they will downgrade your account, so better try getting HNI with basic accounts with lower AMB.

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
He told me that
I upgraded directly from 5k MAB normal account to classic. Was done within 1-2 weeks.

Spidey

TF Buzz
I got a preapproved offer for classic banking after about 4 months of opening a regular savings account that too in a rural branch which is of Rs 2500 MAB. I maintained around Rs 1 lk for the said period. I also got a preapproved credit card offer.
So in short, to get classic banking the current category of account does not matter much.

PayKaroAbhi

TF Premier
I got a preapproved offer for classic banking after about 4 months of opening a regular savings account that too in a rural branch which is of Rs 2500 MAB. I maintained around Rs 1 lk for the said period. I also got a preapproved credit card offer.
So in short, to get classic banking the current category of account does not matter much.
I also believed in the same process, but it seems like they're intentionally not upgrading my account. Savingsmax can be a solution but also will be a headache. Many people usually get classic banking with basic accounts. I don't know why they are not providing it to me only!

PayKaroAbhi

TF Premier
Latest update -

Deputy manager from HDFC Bank had called me today at 11 am and he was asking about the issue I'm facing. I explained everything and he said that he'll get back to me after some time, and didn't call me back today. 🙄 I think he just called me to show it to their higher authorities only.

magneto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Latest update -

Deputy manager from HDFC Bank had called me today at 11 am and he was asking about the issue I'm facing. I explained everything and he said that he'll get back to me after some time, and didn't call me back today. 🙄 I think he just called me to show it to their higher authorities only.
I think you should definitely shift your branch and try again or maybe open another account with another branch and try upgrading that

talkwithfino

TF Premier
Latest update -

Do one thing;

Go to a different branch (which is good in terms of service) ; it is not necessary to have RM at your home Branch. Meet the RM in that Branch and tell him to upgrade your account. If he agrees; he can upgrade your account to Classic and you won't have any hassle with your Branch. In fact; if he is knowledgeable, he will directly send trigger SMS link on your phone; wherein you have to click the link, accept T&C of Classic Program, enter OTP and done. You acc will be upgraded in 2 -5 days!

PayKaroAbhi

TF Premier
Update:

Social media has its own power!

Manager finally called me and agreed to enroll my dad's account into classic banking instead of my account as I have recently transferred my account, they're unable to do that from their end in my account. But he assured me that he'll enroll my account into my dad's family banking programme once it's done.

I also have received the Classic Banking invitation SMS in my dad's number and shared the consent with them. Now let's see when I get linked to that. 🥹