• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need some guidance with HDFC Bank Classic Banking

PayKaroAbhi

TF Premier
I have a 5 years old Digi Save Youth savings account in HDFC Bank (5K MAB required).

I'm maintaining 1 Lac+ in the account for almost 10 months now but haven't received any pre-approved Classic Banking upgrade offer. I recently transferred my account to my nearest branch. I visited the branch and submitted the classic banking sign-up form to the banker and waited for two weeks but nothing happened. I called him and he was saying those usual words like Don't worry sir, will do it sir etc. He again asked my number and after some time said that their server is not responding.

Also the same banker who asked me to submit the form is now saying that classic banking can't be provided via form method now. I mean then why did he asked me to do so man!

In short, I can totally understand the fact that he's not providing that intentionally.

I have raised my concern on Twitter but haven't received any satisfactory response.

What to do now?
Is there any other way to get that?

Haven't ever seen such pathetic service of a private bank. People usually complain about Kotak Bank but they're far better than this atleast for me.

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have a 5 years old Digi Save Youth savings account in HDFC Bank (5K MAB required).

I'm maintaining 1 Lac+ in the account for almost 10 months now but haven't received any pre-approved Classic Banking upgrade offer. I recently transferred my account to my nearest branch. I visited the branch and submitted the classic banking sign-up form to the banker and waited for two weeks but nothing happened. I called him and he was saying those usual words like Don't worry sir, will do it sir etc. He again asked my number and after some time said that their server is not responding.

Also the same banker who asked me to submit the form is now saying that classic banking can't be provided via form method now. I mean then why did he asked me to do so man!

In short, I can totally understand the fact that he's not providing that intentionally.

I have raised my concern on Twitter but haven't received any satisfactory response.

What to do now?

Haven't ever seen such pathetic service of a private bank. People usually complain about Kotak Bank but they're far better than this atleast for me.
Check whether you can close the account and open directly in the branch with 1L cheque only on condition that you will be directly enrolled in classic banking.

PayKaroAbhi

TF Premier
Check whether you can close the account and open directly in the branch with 1L cheque only on condition that you will be directly enrolled in classic banking.
Personally I'm also thinking to close all accounts of HDFC including savings and current. When the bank is intentionally not providing any offer even after fulfilling all the requirements then it doesn't make any sense to keep the account imo! 😪 Also after closing these I think this branch will not be a good choice for me as the staffs are very unprofessional there.

tushu5121

TF Premier
For my case it was,done within week

but the banker told me to talk with Branch manager once if they Say yes.
Then we can do this.
Then i went to branch manager's Cabin and request them for Classic banking

They Account details and Agreed to give classic banking.
And within 7 days i got classic banking.

For you I would suggest you to Go and talk directly with branch manager.
If he don't agrees
Go step by Step
1st convert your account into Savings max account then go for classic.
That can help you to get classic
Without complaining anyone

PayKaroAbhi

TF Premier
For my case it was,done within week

but the banker told me to talk with Branch manager once if they Say yes.
Then we can do this.
Then i went to branch manager's Cabin and request them for Classic banking

They Account details and Agreed to give classic banking.
And within 7 days i got classic banking.

For you I would suggest you to Go and talk directly with branch manager.
If he don't agrees
Go step by Step
1st convert your account into Savings max account then go for classic.
That can help you to get classic
Without complaining anyone
Okay, I'll talk with the manager first then. Btw is the account upgradation is important?

PayKaroAbhi

TF Premier
Yes upgradation is Important.. i had Savings max account before classic..
Then they give upgration into classic.
And i am happy with it.. its exellent.. for me..
Yes that account is also a worthy account. I opted for this variant because I had no idea of banking programmes, family banking etc. and I finally visited the branch after 4 years to change the branch and request for classic banking. Too lazy to visit branch actually. 🙂

tharun

TF Premier

What to do now?

It's opposite for me i opened HDFC savings account(don't know which type) for convenience and offers now I was offered classic banking offer. I neither requested the bank for upgradation nor remember keeping 1L MAB
Yesterday i Applied for upgradation still waiting for their confirmation

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-12-21-40-57-593_com.brave.browser.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-12-21-40-57-593_com.brave.browser.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 116
  • Screenshot_2023-05-13-11-26-24-388_com.google.android.gm.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-13-11-26-24-388_com.google.android.gm.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 117

PayKaroAbhi

TF Premier
It's opposite for me i opened HDFC savings account(don't know which type) for convenience and offers now I was offered classic banking offer. I neither requested the bank for upgradation nor remember keeping 1L MAB
Yesterday i Applied for upgradation still waiting for their confirmation
How much MAB required for your savings account?

magneto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

What to do now?

Seems like an issue with the branch, try with the second nearest branch, because if your current branch is not co-operating and somehow you get Classic banking, the RM assigned from that branch would most probably not be that knowledgeable. So try with some other branch

Ziya7000

TF Buzz
Personally I'm also thinking to close all accounts of HDFC including savings and current. When the bank is intentionally not providing any offer even after fulfilling all the requirements then it doesn't make any sense to keep the account imo! 😪 Also after closing these I think this branch will not be a good choice for me as the staffs are very unprofessional there.
Yes Correct.

Ziya7000

TF Buzz

What to do now?

It is better to close the account in the said branch. Also you can open any varient of account and later on can upgrade it to Classic or Preferred banking after maintaining the required MAB.