• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need some guidance with HDFC Bank Classic Banking

PayKaroAbhi

TF Premier
I have a 5 years old Digi Save Youth savings account in HDFC Bank (5K MAB required).

I'm maintaining 1 Lac+ in the account for almost 10 months now but haven't received any pre-approved Classic Banking upgrade offer. I recently transferred my account to my nearest branch. I visited the branch and submitted the classic banking sign-up form to the banker and waited for two weeks but nothing happened. I called him and he was saying those usual words like Don't worry sir, will do it sir etc. He again asked my number and after some time said that their server is not responding.

Also the same banker who asked me to submit the form is now saying that classic banking can't be provided via form method now. I mean then why did he asked me to do so man!

In short, I can totally understand the fact that he's not providing that intentionally.

I have raised my concern on Twitter but haven't received any satisfactory response.

What to do now?
Is there any other way to get that?

Haven't ever seen such pathetic service of a private bank. People usually complain about Kotak Bank but they're far better than this atleast for me.

PayKaroAbhi

TF Premier

varun__goel_

TF Legend
This was the message that you received after which it was upgraded in a day?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-06-12-14-32-18-371-edit_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-06-12-14-32-18-371-edit_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 26

It_is_Naruto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hdfc account upgrade process is generally simple...
RM applies for upgradation ( either form based or online where consent is taken from account holder....RM's boss approval ( VP level) ...account status change ( 24 hours approximately, form based upgrade might take more time).

I think it better to open a new account with classic banking rather than waiting..as upgrades( pace) are fully dependent on RM's interest and capability.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
As far as I know only preferred can be opened directly.
For classic & imperia upgrade is the only option.
You mean a Classic account cannot be opened with a branch? Last week, when I went to HDFC Bank to inquire about opening a new savings account, they offered me a Classic account. Therefore, I don't think it is accurate to say that they don't offer the Classic account and the only way to obtain it is through an upgrade.

Alex292929

TF Premier
no what I am saying is, classic account cannot be opened directly.
I opened my bank ac with hdfc in march 23, I asked her to open classic (she asked a cheque of 2L, I was like okay I will give that) but when my account was opened it was standard variant but after 2 weeks she upgraded it directly to preferred.

Nobody

TF Buzz
give consent ...click on link enter otp and by tomm evening it will be upgraded
In april after one month of account opening i funded my account with required balance, asked the bank official to send classic banking link, within minutes i received it. So yeah it is just 5 min.work if bank employees want to do. I can also upgrade to preferred but i am not taking it since don't want to keep 2 lakhs in hdfc for long and have heard they downgrade it if required balance is not maintained. Also no cc is given by hdfc based on hni programme. So classic banking acc.to me is sufficient.

Nobody

TF Buzz
I opened my bank ac with hdfc in march 23, I asked her to open classic (she asked a cheque of 2L, I was like okay I will give that) but when my account was opened it was standard variant but after 2 weeks she upgraded it directly to preferred

I opened my bank ac with hdfc in march 23, I asked her to open classic (she asked a cheque of 2L, I was like okay I will give that) but when my account was opened it was standard variant but after 2 weeks she upgraded it directly to preferred.
She tricked you, for classic only one lakh is required. Also it was delay on her part if she wanted she would have given you the link as latest by next day.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Understood! I didn't know that there were so many requirements to go through. Anyway, I think it would be much easier to open this account online.

Trust Me

TF Ace
As far as I know only preferred can be opened directly.
For classic & imperia upgrade is the only option.
I opened Imperia directly! The funny thing is, statements indicate the account code as 'SB Max'. RM said it didn't signify anything. Everything under my relationship is under the 'Imperia' umbrella, and I get the advantage of all the Imperia entitlements for everything (e.g. the unique privilege of having the 'Imperia' logo pasted everywhere, I guess)!

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
I opened Imperia directly! The funny thing is, statements indicate the account code as 'SB Max'. RM said it didn't signify anything. Everything under my relationship is under the 'Imperia' umbrella, and I get the advantage of all the Imperia entitlements for everything (e.g. the unique privilege of having the 'Imperia' logo pasted everywhere, I guess)!
Did you get locker also :p

Nobody

TF Buzz
Sb max (193) is your account variant which is savings max. Classic preferred and imperia are not accounts but premium banking programmes by hdfc. I also have classic banking but account variant is sb max.

Alex292929

TF Premier
She tricked you, for classic only one lakh is required. Also it was delay on her part if she wanted she would have given you the link as latest by next day.
I know she is actually very greedy.
After the account was opened I callled her why is it not classic? she said "sir can you do a FD with my employee code you can break it after sometime"
It was straight no from my side, that's why she delayed it.