• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia My Journey from HDFC Business MoneyBack Rejection to Infinia in Just 1.5 Years

CardCraftsman.

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Introduction

Life is often unpredictable, and financial journeys are no exception. My journey from getting rejected for the pre-approved HDFC Business MoneyBack credit card to achieving the coveted HDFC Infinia card within a mere 1.5 years is a testament to the power of persistence, financial planning, and understanding the credit landscape.

The Initial Setback

Around 1.5 years ago, I was excited to receive a pre-approved offer from HDFC Bank for their Business MoneyBack credit card. I eagerly applied, hoping to benefit from the rewards and perks it promised. However, my application was met with disappointment as it was declined. This setback served as the catalyst for my determination to improve my creditworthiness and aim higher in the credit card game.

The Paytm Select Credit Card Opportunity

Fast forward to September 22, 2022, when I applied for the Paytm Select Credit Card. To my delight, my application was approved with a generous credit limit of 2 lakhs. This was a significant milestone as it demonstrated that my financial situation had improved considerably since my previous rejection.

Credit Limit Increase Request

Over the months that followed, I responsibly used my Paytm Select Credit Card, making timely payments and keeping my credit utilization low. By July 2023, I decided it was time to request a credit limit increase. Armed with my updated Income Tax Return (ITR), I submitted the request and was pleasantly surprised when my credit limit was increased to 8 lakhs, a remarkable jump of 6 lakhs. This credit limit boost made me realize that I was now eligible for the prestigious HDFC Infinia credit card.

The Opportunity for Infinia

Upon learning of my eligibility for the HDFC Infinia card, I was excited but decided to hold off on the application. The reason behind this decision was the realization of the spends i have completed to get annual fee waiver on Paytm Select Credit Card.

The Importance of Redeemable Rewards

On 4th September @jack333 informed me about the unique benefits of the Infinia card. It not only offered an array of travel and lifestyle privileges but also the opportunity to redeem points for exclusive rewards, including Tanishq vouchers and Apple products at 1:1 ratio. This revelation added an extra layer of allure to the Infinia card, and I knew it was time to make the switch.

The Ultimate Decision

With a newfound understanding of the card's offerings and the realization that the Infinia card was more aligned with my financial goals, I couldn't resist the urge to try something different. Just for fun, I decided to send an upgrade request to HDFC Bank for the Infinia card late last night. Little did I expect that this playful request would turn into a delightful surprise.

As I logged into the MyCard website today, my eyes widened in astonishment when I saw that my Paytm Select Credit Card displayed a balance of 0 limit and 0 outstanding. This unexpected change was a clear sign of a card upgrade. Eager to confirm this exciting development, I quickly opened the HDFC mobile app and, to my sheer delight, found the prestigious Infinia card waiting for me.

Conclusion

My journey from rejection to achieving the HDFC Infinia credit card within 1.5 years is a testament to the power of persistence, financial discipline, and understanding the nuances of the credit card landscape. It showcases how responsible financial behavior, such as maintaining a good credit history, can open doors to premium credit cards with exclusive benefits and rewards.

In the end, it's important to remember that financial journeys are dynamic, and with the right approach, setbacks can be transformed into opportunities. My journey serves as a reminder that a setback is not a roadblock but a stepping stone to greater financial achievements.

ChatGPT has been used to write this.

Edit: Just received the card.

Attachments

• a2458861-ffec-4773-b442-90616c5567c6.jpeg
    a2458861-ffec-4773-b442-90616c5567c6.jpeg
    234 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

CardCraftsman.

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Great story by ChatGPT 🤣🤣🤣.
Joke aside. I have seen many facing issue in getting HDFC INFINIA and even prefer other banks over HDFC like ICICI but it's totally different for me. My nearest ICICI branch executive have 2 rm and 1 deputy branch manager who sits to open account 🤐. Today, I went there to open a wealth current account for our firm and 1 of the 2 rm was absent whom i contacted before visiting branch and i talked to others and she said that she will visit my office tomorrow and i came back. Within 20-30 minutes, I received a call from rm who was absent and said that you didn't visited then i reply that i was there and talked to another rm then she said that say her that you don't want to open account now and she will open it. They both called me multiple times and wanted me to say to another rm that x person will open account and it's vice versa means they literally fought for a wealth account. They doesn't care about customer as i said that i will do IP of 20 lacks but i want LTF SAPPHIRO but they both and the deputy branch manager aren't interested to provide me. Let's see if i get pre approved cc from bank side as branch isn't caring much.

nikzcool

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Joke aside. I have seen many facing issue in getting HDFC INFINIA and even prefer other banks over HDFC like ICICI but it's totally different for me. My nearest ICICI branch executive have 2 rm and 1 deputy branch manager who sits to open account 🤐. Today, I went there to open a wealth current account for our firm and 1 of the 2 rm was absent whom i contacted before visiting branch and i talked to others and she said that she will visit my office tomorrow and i came back. Within 20-30 minutes, I received a call from rm who was absent and said that you didn't visited then i reply that i was there and talked to another rm then she said that say her that you don't want to open account now and she will open it. They both called me multiple times and wanted me to say to another rm that x person will open account and it's vice versa means they literally fought for a wealth account. They doesn't care about customer as i said that i will do IP of 20 lacks but i want LTF SAPPHIRO but they both and the deputy branch manager aren't interested to provide me. Let's see if i get pre approved cc from bank side as branch isn't caring much.
Should have used Chat gpt here as well.

🤣🤣

D₹V

TF Prestige
Apart from joke.

I really appreciate your journey bro.

Riva

TF Premier
Introduction

Life is often unpredictable, and financial journeys are no exception. My journey from getting rejected for the pre-approved HDFC Business MoneyBack credit card to achieving the coveted HDFC Infinia card within a mere 1.5 years is a testament to the power of persistence, financial planning, and understanding the credit landscape.

The Initial Setback

Around 1.5 years ago, I was excited to receive a pre-approved offer from HDFC Bank for their Business MoneyBack credit card. I eagerly applied, hoping to benefit from the rewards and perks it promised. However, my application was met with disappointment as it was declined. This setback served as the catalyst for my determination to improve my creditworthiness and aim higher in the credit card game.

The Paytm Select Credit Card Opportunity

Fast forward to September 22, 2022, when I applied for the Paytm Select Credit Card. To my delight, my application was approved with a generous credit limit of 2 lakhs. This was a significant milestone as it demonstrated that my financial situation had improved considerably since my previous rejection.

Credit Limit Increase Request

Over the months that followed, I responsibly used my Paytm Select Credit Card, making timely payments and keeping my credit utilization low. By July 2023, I decided it was time to request a credit limit increase. Armed with my updated Income Tax Return (ITR), I submitted the request and was pleasantly surprised when my credit limit was increased to 8 lakhs, a remarkable jump of 6 lakhs. This credit limit boost made me realize that I was now eligible for the prestigious HDFC Infinia credit card.

The Opportunity for Infinia

Upon learning of my eligibility for the HDFC Infinia card, I was excited but decided to hold off on the application. The reason behind this decision was the realization of the spends i have completed to get annual fee waiver on Paytm Select Credit Card.

The Importance of Redeemable Rewards

On 4th September @jack333 informed me about the unique benefits of the Infinia card. It not only offered an array of travel and lifestyle privileges but also the opportunity to redeem points for exclusive rewards, including Tanishq vouchers and Apple products at 1:1 ratio. This revelation added an extra layer of allure to the Infinia card, and I knew it was time to make the switch.

The Ultimate Decision

With a newfound understanding of the card's offerings and the realization that the Infinia card was more aligned with my financial goals, I couldn't resist the urge to try something different. Just for fun, I decided to send an upgrade request to HDFC Bank for the Infinia card late last night. Little did I expect that this playful request would turn into a delightful surprise.

As I logged into the MyCard website today, my eyes widened in astonishment when I saw that my Paytm Select Credit Card displayed a balance of 0 limit and 0 outstanding. This unexpected change was a clear sign of a card upgrade. Eager to confirm this exciting development, I quickly opened the HDFC mobile app and, to my sheer delight, found the prestigious Infinia card waiting for me.

Conclusion

My journey from rejection to achieving the HDFC Infinia credit card within 1.5 years is a testament to the power of persistence, financial discipline, and understanding the nuances of the credit card landscape. It showcases how responsible financial behavior, such as maintaining a good credit history, can open doors to premium credit cards with exclusive benefits and rewards.

In the end, it's important to remember that financial journeys are dynamic, and with the right approach, setbacks can be transformed into opportunities. My journey serves as a reminder that a setback is not a roadblock but a stepping stone to greater financial achievements.

ChatGPT has been used to write this.

Edit: Just received the card.

How did you apply for the card? Isn't metal infinia invite based?

Riva

TF Premier
If you have existing card with limit >= 8 lakhs and have spends > 6-7 lakhs in last 6 months then you are eligible for upgrade to infinia.

Being eligible for the card and actually being able to get an invite are different. The reason I am saying this is because I have a 9 lac limit on my hdfc card and have had those amounts of spend in the last year, but still no offer to upgrade. And since it's invite only, my RM also didn't do anything.
If you could share what you did to get the card it would be helpful.

TF Premier
I didn't get how a pre approved card was rejected by HDFC?
I have never seen LE from 2L to 8L. I guess the ITR required for Infinia might probably be around 40-42L and there are people who despite having this ITR have not received any credit limit enhancement offer. Also, there are some cases where people having only HDFC Regalia and using it regularly have more than 8L limit on regalia.
HDFC Credit cards department is really weird.