• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus My 1st Metal Credit Card

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
MAJOR UPDATE

The story continues....
Read on to know more on the updates.

As you guys might already know before opening this thread. Yes, its my 1st metal credit card. And Magnus.

I know I am a little late in this game. And after the recent devalue of this card, I was going to skip it. But the thought of owning my 1st metal card was too much, so I went ahead and got it.

This is a paid card, so nothing new that everybody have not seen before. I just want to share the news and some unboxing pix with my fellow TFians.

I applied on 30th Nov 23. I already own axis airtel cc, so the process was easy and quick. Within 3 to 4 min, the virtual card was showing in my account. Its on Mastercard World platform.

As of today 3rd Dec 23, I got the card in my hand, with the Priority Pass card as well.

I have read all about this card for sometime now. But I would request fellow magnus card users, to let me know some tips on using this card efficiently. Like, best ways to max earn reward points, and best ways to max redeem the points as well.

Thank you for reading !
Here are some unboxing pics.

Attachments

• 20231203_121005.jpg
    20231203_121005.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 346
  • 20231203_121238.jpg
    20231203_121238.jpg
    756 KB · Views: 346
  • 20231203_121358.jpg
    20231203_121358.jpg
    818 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
MAJOR UPDATE

Just had a recorded call with SM CC. He informed me my magnus card is lifetime free from 2nd year onward, but I have to pay the joining fees as stated in my welcome letter. Joining fees + gst is already showing in my statement. I will just have to pay that to receive the 12500 welcome benefits.

He also told me, the customer support team usually dont confirm this in email. I will get all the benefits of the card, except the renewal benefit of 12500, on 2nd year, as my card is free.

Just for the sake of recording, I asked multiple times to confirm that my card is actually lifetime free.

Card_Maddy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
MAJOR UPDATE

Just had a recorded call with SM CC. He informed me my magnus card is lifetime free from 2nd year onward, but I have to pay the joining fees as stated in my welcome letter. Joining fees + gst is already showing in my statement. I will just have to pay that to receive the 12500 welcome benefits.

He also told me, the customer support team usually dont confirm this in email. I will get all the benefits of the card, except the renewal benefit of 12500, on 2nd year, as my card is free.

Just for the sake of recording, I asked multiple times to confirm that my card is actually lifetime free.
Can u guide the process please ?
like how did you apply?

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Can u guide the process please ?
like how did you apply?
No major process. Old saving account with airtel cc, for monthly airtel bills. Got preapproved offer for magnus. I applied for paid card, approved in few hours, digital card shows in account. No cibil hit, no extra documents.

Got card in hand within 3 days, with 0 annual fees. Got addon card for mother as well 2 days back.

Mailed and called support few times to confirm about annual fees. They said its a paid card. That was the end of that.

Today I went to bank for some other stuff. Saw the SM, got his number, he was in meeting. Got callback from him, had a conversation regarding cc. And he confirmed me on call that I got a free card. And he said in srk style - sir, mein hu na.

Thats it.

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Is this like happening to everyone applying from axis bank app (pre approved offer) or it was a lucky case?
🤷‍♂️ Dunno if this is luck or bank gambling on customers.

This only happened to one another TF member, and now myself.

Either way, its a welcoming news for both of us. Lets see the actual process at renewal time haha.

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I tried the same approach as suggested.
Applied for Magnus from the "Apply Now" section in the app. The application page showed full annual fees of 12,500 second year onwards.

But I received the card today and surprisingly, it says 0 annual fee.

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-14 at 11.18.39_64ee31a6.jpg WhatsApp Image 2023-12-14 at 11.18.38_4ef8c619.jpg
You also applied from Axis mobile app?

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Surprisingly in my case, "picture abhi baki hai".

Got email reply yesterday from bank, that I will be levied annual fees each anniversary year.

Just now came back from branch, met with the BM and SM CC, showed them my welcome kit and welcome letter.

They both confirm that my card is indeed lifetime free. And what is written on the welcome letter, the bank will honor it.

As suggested by the BM, I replied back to that email asking for reason why my welcome kit says free, and their bank system says its chargable.

Waiting for their reply. Will update here.

Ab ye thora aur khic gaya.

runzone

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Maybe that's why.

Closing old cards will have negative impact on your cibil. And it might be 3 to 6 months, before you see any pre approved offer.
I would close myZone card which quite new, just 1 year old.
I think it used to show pre approved offers even when you have 3 cards previously but I believe I read somewhere that it stopped in recent times
For some peeps it showed pre-approved after 3rd card also

gamersgzb

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Applied for Magnus from the "Apply Now" section in the app. The application page showed full annual fees of 12,500 second year onwards.

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-14 at 11.18.39_64ee31a6.jpg WhatsApp Image 2023-12-14 at 11.18.38_4ef8c619.jpg
Did you confirm with cc whether it's LTF tum next year or not?

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge

Welcome to the magnus family ! And Congrats on your new card!

I believe you're the 3rd person on TF, to get the welcome letter showing 0 annual fees.

The struggle is real. Ganga-putra beeshm pitamah ka koi quote yaad nahi aa raha.. aage barte chalo putra...or something like that 😁 (this a joke).

Last edited: