• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus My 1st Metal Credit Card

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
MAJOR UPDATE

The story continues....
Read on to know more on the updates.

As you guys might already know before opening this thread. Yes, its my 1st metal credit card. And Magnus.

I know I am a little late in this game. And after the recent devalue of this card, I was going to skip it. But the thought of owning my 1st metal card was too much, so I went ahead and got it.

This is a paid card, so nothing new that everybody have not seen before. I just want to share the news and some unboxing pix with my fellow TFians.

I applied on 30th Nov 23. I already own axis airtel cc, so the process was easy and quick. Within 3 to 4 min, the virtual card was showing in my account. Its on Mastercard World platform.

As of today 3rd Dec 23, I got the card in my hand, with the Priority Pass card as well.

I have read all about this card for sometime now. But I would request fellow magnus card users, to let me know some tips on using this card efficiently. Like, best ways to max earn reward points, and best ways to max redeem the points as well.

Thank you for reading !
Here are some unboxing pics.

Attachments

• 20231203_121005.jpg
    20231203_121005.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 338
  • 20231203_121238.jpg
    20231203_121238.jpg
    756 KB · Views: 338
  • 20231203_121358.jpg
    20231203_121358.jpg
    818 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:

Bugs Bunny

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Ombudsman is final step, if all things fail.

Rbi comes after ombudsman.. Thanks for the steps. This is becoming exciting now. Picture abhi baki nahi haha.

Ofcourse!!

So i should email them with the pic and ask for confirmation ?
Yess, try with md desk first, if they don't listen approach rbi and enjoy your card ltf

Did a web live chat with the credit card team. But I was getting disconnected many times. Fortunately one of those agents called me and the phone conversation started.

He said it is showing 12500 + gst as joining and 12500 + gst as annual charge, which will be levied from 2nd year onwards.

I told him about my welcome kit showing annual fees as 0. He told me, both the joining and annual fees will be levied on me as per his observation on my credit card. But since I have a hard evidence showing annual fees as 0 in my welcome kit, I can share that with the credit card team thru email and they will reply back with some clarification regarding the same.

He also said, its upto me to seek confirmation now or after 1 year. And told me to keep the welcome kit as proof.

I got the call recorded as well. Though it doesnt looks favorable for me. As it shows both charges in their system.

So what you guys think ? Should I email them with the image of the welcome kit and seek clarification ?

@tryabp when you talk with the credit card rep, he told you, your annual fees was showing 0 in their system as well or was it showing 12500+ gst, like in my case ?
When you had applied for this pre-approved Magnus cc (where you gave 5 stars rating), there charges are already mentioned. Can you please share that screenshot after hiding your personal details (if any)?

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
When you had applied for this pre-approved Magnus cc (where you gave 5 stars rating), there charges are already mentioned. Can you please share that screenshot after hiding your personal details (if any)?
Unfortunately dont have any screenshots of those.

As it was few steps to confirmation page and mainly it says - "Can't take screenshots due to security policy".

And I never actually thought this story will turn out this way. Else I could had easily take pics with my other mobile. Which i did with the credit card team live chats.

Last edited:
Unfortunately dont have any screenshots of those.

As it was few steps to confirmation page and mainly it says - "Can't take screenshots due to security policy".
You can again goto that page. Open Axis Netbanking --> Goto Credit Cards --> Scroll to the bottom of page --> Apply Now --> You will be redirected to the same page where you gave 5 stars rating. In Desktop webpage you can take screenshot. You can also open Axis Netbanking in mobile browser.

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
You can again goto that page. Open Axis Netbanking --> Goto Credit Cards --> Scroll to the bottom of page --> Apply Now --> You will be redirected to the same page where you gave 5 stars rating. In Desktop webpage you can take screenshot. You can also open Axis Netbanking in mobile browser.
I am on mob. I click credit card, it showing my 2 cards, no apply now button, no rating page, no past credit card signup.

But as I said earlier, when i applied thru my mob, it was showing full price.

I am on mob. I click credit card, it showing my 2 cards, no apply now button, no rating page, no past credit card signup.

But as I said earlier, when i applied thru my mob, it was showing full price.
Where there is showing 2 credit cards for you, scroll down to bottom. There you will see Apply Now option. Click on that and it will redirect to your Magnus pre-approved application page.

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Where there is showing 2 credit cards for you, scroll down to bottom. There you will see Apply Now option. Click on that and it will redirect to your Magnus pre-approved application page.
After logout and login, ab dikha.

Showing as it should, both price showing, as I have already mentioned.

Ye welcome kit mein printing error bol sakte hai. I wrote email already. Lets see what they say.

tryabp

TF Ace
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Did a web live chat with the credit card team. But I was getting disconnected many times. Fortunately one of those agents called me and the phone conversation started.

He said it is showing 12500 + gst as joining and 12500 + gst as annual charge, which will be levied from 2nd year onwards.

I told him about my welcome kit showing annual fees as 0. He told me, both the joining and annual fees will be levied on me as per his observation on my credit card. But since I have a hard evidence showing annual fees as 0 in my welcome kit, I can share that with the credit card team thru email and they will reply back with some clarification regarding the same.

He also said, its upto me to seek confirmation now or after 1 year. And told me to keep the welcome kit as proof.

I got the call recorded as well. Though it doesnt looks favorable for me. As it shows both charges in their system.

So what you guys think ? Should I email them with the image of the welcome kit and seek clarification ?

@tryabp when you talk with the credit card rep, he told you, your annual fees was showing 0 in their system as well or was it showing 12500+ gst, like in my case ?
Yes, they confirmed in their record annual fee is 0 for my magnus card.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

With Axis, no one knows what’s going to happen including themselves.

Experiencing the AXIS moment ..!!!
This was what I was fearing ..and the saga continues.....

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Yes, i am ok with the charges. I will get the vouchers worth + free perks. So i know i will use this card. I have already activated it and activated the pp as well.

Im scared now, cause you guys give me hope for a super premium card as ltf haha.
in axis premium card if you don't activate card like couple of week after delivery axis send you some 1000 rs code for activation that was in axis magnus you could have waited and you would get that benefit plus welcome benefit. so 1 + 1.

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yes, they confirmed in their record annual fee is 0 for my magnus card.

Experiencing the AXIS moment ..!!!
This was what I was fearing ..and the saga continues.....
In my case, it shows in their system that infact mine is a paid card. I did live chat again. This time the agent ask me to share pic of welcome kit page. I did. And he raised the request. I have already send email before that.

Lets see tomorrow. I am kinda sure they will blame their brother printer as faulty.

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
in axis premium card if you don't activate card like couple of week after delivery axis send you some 1000 rs code for activation that was in axis magnus you could have waited and you would get that benefit plus welcome benefit. so 1 + 1.
Haha, you are late. I will remember that for my next card.

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
This reminds me, local photocopy shop, a kid ran it.

I go there for print jobs. But on aadhar card prints, the hindi font get cut in half, when the prints comes out.

I even tried to help, install few hindi fonts and check for errors, but everything seems to be working, but the half cut hindi font still shows once the page is printed.

Kinda same case here lol

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I think the confusion is occuring because Magnus Burgundy credit card comes in MasterCard variant and regular Magnus card comes in Visa variant generally. In this case MasterCard variant is free for Burgundy customers. Now Axis is mixing both variants which is creating confusion among themselves.
Oh i checked, they not upgraded my acc to burgundy hahaha

5 grams ka card hi to hai. Axis chahe to free mein distribute kar sakta hai.

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I think the confusion is occuring because Magnus Burgundy credit card comes in MasterCard variant and regular Magnus card comes in Visa variant generally. In this case MasterCard variant is free for Burgundy customers. Now Axis is mixing both variants which is creating confusion among themselves.
Mera wala card Elite Mastercard kar dena tha. Mein khush ho jata.