• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Multiple Gold Charge card received

arjun697

TF Premier
I had applied for Gold Charge card a week back and the application was processed/approved over the weekend. It was a single application through referral, the person referring also got 1 set of 8k points. However, I received 2 approval notifications, 2 out for delivery notifications and eventually 2 gold cards as well.
One has the correct name - Arjun, as I applied.
Another one has 'Arjun AC' which isn't my initials also.
I have activated the correct one which I had requested for. For the 2nd one, should I just ignore it for 30 days and hope its cancelled by default? No implications for this on CIBIL I hope.

EDIT: After the 1st comment, I'm wondering if I can activate and use this card as well for an year. For an annual fee of 1k + GST, I can use this for the monthly 6 AP vouchers. This comes to around 19k points for 72k spends additionally which I will be having anyway. At the end of the annual year, I can ask for fee waiver or cancelling the 2nd card.

IMG_0609.jpg

Last edited:

arjun697

TF Premier
Yes please do that. Let's see if they notice. It's not like you are doing something illegal. They sent it to you. You are respecting their wishes.
Yep! Inclined towards that, even on the Amex app it shows Plat Travel as it is. For Gold Charge, I have the username Arjun specified below. I'm guessing once I activate it, Arjun AC (whoever that is) will also be displayed.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I had applied for Gold Charge card a week back and the application was processed/approved over the weekend. It was a single application through referral, the person referring also got 1 set of 8k points. However, I received 2 approval notifications, 2 out for delivery notifications and eventually 2 gold cards as well.
One has the correct name - Arjun, as I applied.
Another one has 'Arjun AC' which isn't my initials also.
I have activated the correct one which I had requested for. For the 2nd one, should I just ignore it for 30 days and hope its cancelled by default? No implications for this on CIBIL I hope.

EDIT: After the 1st comment, I'm wondering if I can activate and use this card as well for an year. For an annual fee of 1k + GST, I can use this for the monthly 6 AP vouchers. This comes to around 19k points for 72k spends additionally which I will be having anyway. At the end of the annual year, I can ask for fee waiver or cancelling the 2nd card.

IMG_0609.jpg
It's just an additional card to bifurcate your expenses
While applying you must have checked the additional card option
It's the same card.

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes please do that. Let's see if they notice. It's not like you are doing something illegal. They sent it to you. You are respecting their wishes.
If it was someone else's card and he is spending on it, where do you think the cc spends will be reported to in Cibil? I don't know how charge cards gets reported, but speaking in general. Dangerous advice if it was someone else's card, which doesnt seem to be the case though.

arjun697

TF Premier
How to apply for gold charge card ? I have a platinum travel card. Also, whats the annual fee of gold charge card and is it worth it ?
I took referral but for Gold card, you can directly apply too. I had Plat Travel for an year and accumulated 56k points. For Gold Charge, 1st year is 1000+GST and 2nd year onwards it's 4500+GST. It's fine if you are using this only for Apay vouchers. 6000 per month spend for 1600 points. So 19200 points in an year for 72k spends is reasonable. 21k first year with the bonus.

rayhan12

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I took referral but for Gold card, you can directly apply too. I had Plat Travel for an year and accumulated 56k points. For Gold Charge, 1st year is 1000+GST and 2nd year onwards it's 4500+GST. It's fine if you are using this only for Apay vouchers. 6000 per month spend for 1600 points. So 19200 points in an year for 72k spends is reasonable. 21k first year with the bonus.
Thanks for the info Arjun.

puneri.jaws

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hey Arjun
Did you receive any renewal benefits?

arjun697

TF Premier
Not for the gold charge?
I got this last month. I don't think I can ask anything to waive off the joining fee of 1k+GST.
So far all I've done is just 6x1000 Apay for both Primary and Add on card since I had the need for it. The 2nd batch doesn't fetch me any bonus, so guess there is scope to include MRCC also.