• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Making payment with retraction option

sherlock

TF Buzz
I need to buy a product from a new dealer online. Since I have never purchased from him earlier and he lives in a different city than me, he is asking to make prior payment to receive the item. I have read and heard about stories, involving even reputed e commerce sellers like Flipkart, where people received soaps and other cheap/non-genuine items instead of the original products. I wonder if credit cards or any other financial products offer the option to retract the payment after a few days the payment has been made in case the genuine product has not been received?
I also have UPI enabled credit card as my payment option.

pothi

TF Ace
RML Group
Most costlier products have open box delivery where the delivery person has to open the box in front of you before you can give the OTP for delivery.

Some products don't have open box delivery but may have just OTP for delivery where you can check if the outer packaging is okay before giving out the OTP.

Even for less costlier items, you can open the item in front of the camera to record the whole unboxing. I have done this a few times where there are no other options. If the product is wrong or damaged, upload the video to as many social platforms as possible and then tag the website customer care. Usually, this works for a faster resolution than going through the actual marketplace and then uploading the unboxing video only to that marketplace.

Even if the seller doesn't provide a resolution, you can keep it to file a chargeback with your credit card issuing bank.

Please know that sellers are becoming smarter every day. For example, refurbished products are hard to distinguish from the original product. That's why I always buy phones only during their launch or around that time.

Take your time to research about a product, the seller, the marketplace,, etc, before making the decision. After buying, a lot of things can go wrong.

Good luck!

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
I need to buy a product from a new dealer online. Since I have never purchased from him earlier and he lives in a different city than me, he is asking to make prior payment to receive the item. I have read and heard about stories, involving even reputed e commerce sellers like Flipkart, where people received soaps and other cheap/non-genuine items instead of the original products. I wonder if credit cards or any other financial products offer the option to retract the payment after a few days the payment has been made in case the genuine product has not been received?
I also have UPI enabled credit card as my payment option.
if comfortable dm me the e-commerce website you're buying from, will see when the domain was registered first, if the company run any ads, then which payment integration is enabled then which one of them is integrated. i have three payu/paytm/phone pe recently added would ask the person I'm in contact to fetch any information on the user (it won't be possible though but can give a shot) do use amex cc for the payment and not axis.