• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Smartbuy IRCTC transaction amount changed after making payment.

Rishi Singh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I had booked a train ticket from Smartbuy. On the payment page the otp amount and the amount charged to me was shown as 697.70.

However after a few days the amount automatically changed to 704.68.

I called the infinia premium customer care, they told me these are transaction charges like convenience fees and are charged after payment by IRCTC.

Is this legally possible to change the transaction amount after the payment has been made in?

Rishi Singh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
yes it is mentioned in the tnc that 1% convenince fee will be charged latr on
I understand that they can charge convenience fee but why change the transaction amount? They can charge separately also.

I have never come across any transaction in which the transaction amount was changed later on.

Are there any other such transactions which I should be aware of? As this can cause tax issues.

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I understand that they can charge convenience fee but why change the transaction amount? They can charge separately also.

I have never come across any transaction in which the transaction amount was changed later on.

Are there any other such transactions which I should be aware of? As this can cause tax issues.
All Fuel transactions with HDFC card will have transaction amount different while swiping and in the statement.

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge

i think only where surchargeis levied after transaction is settledthats where this happens