• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Magnus journey

aniruddhaadhe

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My wife has Axis Indian Oil card, 1.2L limit, and Addon Magnus (through me)
When called custcare:
She has been offered 3 cards (all are chargeable)
1. Acis Select
2. Axis Samsung Infinite
3. Axis Atlas

Which one should we opt? We travel 1-2 times yearly (domestic + international)
Also, I want to get her own Magnus faster. ( she doesn’t meet salary criteria of Magnus and not expected to meet in near future)

Please suggest.
Thanks.

Reactions: Rkr

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
My wife has Axis Indian Oil card, 1.2L limit, and Addon Magnus (through me)
When called custcare:
She has been offered 3 cards (all are chargeable)
1. Acis Select
2. Axis Samsung Infinite
3. Axis Atlas

Which one should we opt? We travel 1-2 times yearly (domestic + international)
Also, I want to get her own Magnus faster. ( she doesn’t meet salary criteria of Magnus and not expected to meet in near future)

Please suggest.
Thanks.
Axis atlas, if you need magnus pls search for magnus application thread you will find your answer.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Thanks.
Do Axis give better limit on Atlas?
Aslo, is Atlas is at higher rank than select?
There is no guarantee that your limit will increase with a card upgrade, but since you travel 1-2 times a year, it could be a good addition to your card collection. You can also check out the Samsung Infinite card, as the 30k Edge points offered are worth the fee you pay. There are existing threads on the forum discussing the same, so please do a search and I'm sure you will find some helpful information. And yes, Atlas is a higher variant card than Select.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Thanks.
Do Axis give better limit on Atlas?
Aslo, is Atlas is at higher rank than select?
Atlas can be applied c2c so higher limit through airport and check if can be applied via branch n current limit of 1.2 limit is average so opt for c2c with core card of another bank if paid/premium if that person that better. N hierarchy of axis is reserve, Magnus, Atlas, samsung , select In term of fees applicable on them.

aniruddhaadhe

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
There is no guarantee that your limit will increase with a card upgrade, but since you travel 1-2 times a year, it could be a good addition to your card collection. You can also check out the Samsung Infinite card, as the 30k Edge points offered are worth the fee you pay. There are existing threads on the forum discussing the same, so please do a search and I'm sure you will find some helpful information.
Thanks.
I checked that. if I take samsung card, points will merge with my magnus and I can redeem them at higher valuation. But she won’t get that benefit. Fees will recover for sure though.

aniruddhaadhe

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Atlas can be applied c2c so higher limit through airport and check if can be applied via branch n current limit of 1.2 limit is average so opt for c2c with core card of another bank if paid/premium if that person that better. N hierarchy of axis is reserve, Magnus, Atlas, samsung , select In term of fees applicable on them.
Thanks.
Unfortunately the only other card she has is Amex Plat travel (just 2-3months old) with limit of 1.2L only.
Hierarchy wise, Atlas is a good choice to get to Magnus. Though we can’t trust Axis 🤞🏼

aniruddhaadhe

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Images circulated in internet all have mastercard only, so the doubt. It is same like SC ultimate, only visa infinite images are there but bank issues mastercard only now
I think BOGO offer is jointly given with the help of Visa infinite.
And if at all it comes in master variant, we always have choice to switch to Visa or any other available variants.
@vaibhav111 plz correct me if I am wrong.

RupayMan

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
What I meant I haven't seen through images of mastercard branding on Magnus yet like someone posting their magnus pic through twitter or in our community so it does in both variant but it on visa infinity for most of the people it seem.
That's why posted for the record here 😄