• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus without Burgundy - Need Suggestion

tryabp

TF Ace
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hello,

After reading lot of threads in last 2 hours on New Magnus! Here i am with my plan to get magnus by paying 12500 Rs Joining Fees + GST. I already have
1. Axis Vistara Signature Credit Card
2. Axis Atlas Credit Card

I am a frequent traveller and getting 8 meet and greet seems lucrative deal for 1 year at least.

I am not looking to renew the Magnus nor i am planning to achieve spend milestone on this card.

Can anyone please confirm if Yatra Gift Voucher can be used for Hotel, Bus Booking ? Or is it restricted to flight booking only?

Put your suggestions in comments.

Last edited:

tryabp

TF Ace
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
My suggestion , for meet and greet and only , AU Zenith plus is better with 4 per year at half rate .
Magnus meet & greet is losing its charm with last minute cancellations etc
Yatra vouchers is only applicable for one way economy domestic flight ticket.
Thanks for valuable input. i am using AU LIT CC, i will try to get Zenith+.
As per info received from TF users new magnus 12500 Yatra Gift Card is valid on hotel bookings as well. I have not used that yet.

M&G is not gimic. It's rather based on luck.
It depends on which executive takes you or which company is operating it.

The ones I got in Bangalore were awesome.
Those executives come in suits along with a porter. They could just cut the line for check-in and security for me. I was on Indigo economy domestic ticket.
With this they saved us atleast 1 hour of standing in the queue. Digiyatra wouldn't really help you much in Bangalore.

Whereas in Mumbai T1 it was mere porter service with someone who wore a tshirt written porter on it. No priority check-in or security etc. That was a total waste of service redemption tbh.
True! Only objective is to cut through line!

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
As per info received from TF users new magnus 12500 Yatra Gift Card is valid on hotel bookings as well. I have not used that yet.

For that digiyatra is more than enough in domestic.

drsel

TF Legend
AU bank will strictly not give you more than one credit card

insight

TF Ace
Meet and Greet is a gimmick, based on my experience. If your city has digiyatra enabled, M&G is definitely an overkill. Even without it, I don't think its worth much.

If you do a lot of air time, you'd be better off getting DCB or Infinia and book via smartbuy. Atleast the reward points will be worth your time spent on the card. Also, Infinia's lounge access is much smoother compared to Magnus flip flop on lounge policy.
Interesting Note.

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I continue to hold magnus as it is free for this year. Next year will evaluate as I don't think the current value from the card is good enough.

If you have liked the card, then better go for maximising ER using Grabdeals, Gyftr/edgerewards and Travel Edge. On an average, if your spend mostly done via these options, you can easily make 24 ER points per 200. Which means 9.6 loyalty points. For many options like ITC the value is really good (with no ifs and butts). Best value is Accor points, as each point is worth 180ps. Anyway, whatever suits you.

For me now it is only Atlas and Amex Travel. All others are hardly being used.
Thanks a bunch for this info.

As of now, dont have atlas (hdfc will not give) and amex (non servicable city). Dont have itc, and accor either. Got marriott bonvoy and hdfc mb card. And I use this even before I got the cc.

I would ask for you get your views on certain things. Yes, i would like to use this magnus for atleast a year, since there is no renewal benefits as of now. I will be going off home base for a year soon. So need an all-in-card, so why not magnus.

What I have decided so far;

1. Flight tickets seems regular priced on travel edge. So I am gonna use that. That will give 60er/ 200.

2. Hotels are 2k to 3k expensive on travel edge than mmt official. So, better to use directly from mmt. I got icici mmt card + mmt black exclusive. If i buy mmt vouchers using magnus cc, then cannot use discount coupons at mmt. Without discount coupons, the hotel prices are insane.

3. International spend. I got idfc wow, 0% forex, and I have used it before, and it works. Should I change that to magnus ? Will I get something back after forex charges ?

4. Buy insurance and pay insurance premium gives ER points ? Not saw that on the TnCs.

5. Grabdeals and grftr - I am new to this. So many threads here. Can you kindly point me to some threads.

6. I decided to go with luxe welcome voucher. The prices are on higher side, but surely can get something. 1 way domestic flight ticket is worth 6k for me. And the voucher will be for 1 time use only (so bad idea).

7. Meet and greet. Got 8. Can use 2 going out, and 3 coming back. Atleast will use 5 from mumbai t2 in a year. Pranaam MnG seems promising.

Au zenith+ already rejected thru swipeup. I should had gone with c2c. Oh well. Nothing lost.

Anything else I might be missing here?

Any magnus gurus can suggest me 🙏😁

Last edited:

Baki

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks a bunch for this info.

As of now, dont have atlas (hdfc will not give) and amex (non servicable city). Dont have itc, and accor either. Got marriott bonvoy and hdfc mb card. And I use this even before I got the cc.

I would ask for you get your views on certain things. Yes, i would like to use this magnus for atleast a year, since there is no renewal benefits as of now. I will be going off home base for a year soon. So need an all-in-card, so why not magnus.

What I have decided so far;

1. Flight tickets seems regular priced on travel edge. So I am gonna use that. That will give 60er/ 200.

2. Hotels are 2k to 3k expensive on travel edge than mmt official. So, better to use directly from mmt. I got icici mmt card + mmt black exclusive.

3. International spend. I got idfc wow, 0% forex, and I have used it before, and it works. Should I change that to magnus ? Will I get something back after forex charges ?

4. Buy insurance and pay insurance premium gives ER points ? Not saw that on the TnCs.

5. Grabdeals and grftr - I am new to this. So many threads here. Can you kindly point me to some threads.

6. I decided to go with luxe welcome voucher. The prices are on higher side, but surely can get something. 1 way domestic flight ticket is worth 6k for me. And the voucher will be for 1 time use only (so bad idea).

7. Meet and greet. Got 8. Can use 2 going out, and 3 coming back. Atleast will use 5 from mumbai t2 in a year. Pranaam MnG seems promising.

Au zenith+ already rejected thru swipeup. I should had gone with c2c. Oh well. Nothing lost.

Anything else I might be missing here?

Any magnus gurus can suggest me 🙏😁
If u could meet the spend Criteria like spends 4L+ min. in 1 Month (3-4% return) then only Mangus is worth something otherwise don't even look into it. Meet & Greet service Only worth if u r travelling Abroad, in Domestic travel it feels more or less same experience as normal. (Been using it since last 2 Years now). I personally meet spends criteria 8L Before dev., 8L in 2 Months.

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
If u could meet the spend Criteria like spends 4L+ min. in 1 Month (3-4% return) then only Mangus is worth something otherwise don't even look into it. Meet & Greet service Only worth if u r travelling Abroad, in Domestic travel it feels more or less same experience as normal. (Been using it since last 2 Years now). I personally meet spends criteria 8L Before dev., 8L in 2 Months.

Meet and greet, will use for international departure and arrivals for starters. Will use the international lounge facility as well. Will get luxe welcome vouchers. So basically, use magnus for the offers.

Is international golf courses allowed ? I have to look again. If yes, then maybe can use that a few times.

And whatever er points I make in the next 10 months, redeem thru voucher websites. And close card in 11th month.

So thats the map plan with magnus version 23 ?

Baki

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Meet and greet, will use for international departure and arrivals for starters. Will use the international lounge facility as well. Will get luxe welcome vouchers. So basically, use magnus for the offers.

Is international golf courses allowed ? I have to look again. If yes, then maybe can use that a few times.

And whatever er points I make in the next 10 months, redeem thru voucher websites.

So thats it with magnus version 23 ?
visa infinite offer on BMS BOGO + 1000 rupee free food. (Apply 4 Addon to Make it 5 Times more) Do it sharp 12:01 AM.

8 guest Int. lounge is best MSP.

2.36% forex charge But Reward rate depends on How much u r going to spend on that month starting -1.16% to 2% & SO ON.

For Double Redemption trick DM.

unLimited Domestic long for ADD on to.

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
visa infinite offer on BMS BOGO + 1000 rupee free food. (Apply 4 Addon to Make it 5 Times more) Do it sharp 12:01 AM.

8 guest Int. lounge is best MSP.

2.36% forex charge But Reward rate depends on How much u r going to spend on that month starting -1.16% to 2% & SO ON.

For Double Redemption trick DM.

unLimited Domestic long for ADD on to.
Got the mastercard world variant. Any offers for that ?

Random international use per month maybe, so not worth calculating. Better use idfc wow. Easy and worry free.

My use for this magnus, will be kind of fixed

12500 luxe welcome vouchers
1 dom. lounge mumbai int + 1 guest
1 int. lounge + 2 guests
Meet n greet 5 (2 myself + 3 guests).

Baki

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Got the mastercard world variant. Any offers for that ?

Random international use per month maybe, so not worth calculating. Better use idfc wow. Easy and worry free.

My use for this magnus, will be kind of fixed

12500 luxe welcome vouchers
1 dom. lounge mumbai int + 1 guest
1 int. lounge + 2 guests
Meet n greet 5 (2 myself + 3 guests).
For domestic lounge u need to apply add on separately (guest access doesn't work there)

Tell them to convert to visa variant if u into movie's & stuff

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
For domestic lounge u need to apply add on separately (guest access doesn't work there)

Tell them to convert to visa variant if u into movie's & stuff
Dont have enuff time to apply for addon + change to visa.

I got other cards for domestic. Movie stuff doesnt work outside india. So that will do.