• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Atlas post Magnus Devaluation for 50K monthly spends

Akash074

TF Buzz
HI
I recently got the magnus in April. I was able to hit the milestone benefits for a couple of months thanks to insurance payments.
Since it has been devalued now and i have a monthly spend of around 40-50K should I go for atlas. Most of my spends are online like swiggy, zomato, amazon, big basket, retail shopping and travel. I used magnus for accelerated rewards to get coupon vouchers for most of these but I don't think returns are better now after both gyftr and magnus devaluation.
Also I have axis select also so should I use that instead of getting an atlas card.

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
HI
I recently got the magnus in April. I was able to hit the milestone benefits for a couple of months thanks to insurance payments.
Since it has been devalued now and i have a monthly spend of around 40-50K should I go for atlas. Most of my spends are online like swiggy, zomato, amazon, big basket, retail shopping and travel. I used magnus for accelerated rewards to get coupon vouchers for most of these but I don't think returns are better now after both gyftr and magnus devaluation.
Also I have axis select also so should I use that instead of getting an atlas card.
We don't know if segregation will go live. If not Select + Magnus at 5:2
Select for groceries, department stores: 4%
Magnus for vouchers: 2x, 3x, 5x(vouchers and traveledge) = 4.8%, 7.2%, 12%
Atlas is 4% and 10%(for traveledge)

There are extra milestone benefits for Atlas and Select

Akash074

TF Buzz
We don't know if segregation will go live. If not Select + Magnus at 5:2
Select for groceries, department stores: 4%
Magnus for vouchers: 2x, 3x, 5x(vouchers and traveledge) = 4.8%, 7.2%, 12%
Atlas is 4% and 10%(for traveledge)

There are extra milestone benefits for Atlas and Select
But with the magnus fees I guess my returns are reduced, and atlas makes more sense then provided it doesn't get devalued as well.

mowgli

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
HI
Atlas is more about tiered benefit categorised into yearly spends of Silver (3L), Gold (7.5L) & Platinum (15L). On reaching the milestone as above, you will be in the respective tier. And will continue in the tier and its benefit for the rest of the card anniversary.
Magnus is more about 25L to be achieved at end of year. Considering your spends are low per month, reaching 25L will be not be easy and it comes with 12k + GST annual fee. If you want to take the benefit for 11 months and 29 days, you could go for Magnus. And then, cancel to move back to atlas next year. That way, you get Magnus benefit for 1st year, and atlas benefit (tier benefit) depending on your spending next year onwards.

neogen

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
HI
Use Atlas only and only for Travel. Else it doesn't make sense. Also, minimum annual travel spend should be 3L.. to retain silver and have decent return.

Akash777

TF Select
HI
For the first year ATLAS is really good. 5K Edge Miles equivalent to 10K CV points and 4% other spends + 10% on TravelEDGE for a fee of 5900 rs.

drsel

TF Legend
Select + Magnus at 5:2
Select for apparel, groceries, dept stores: 4%
Magnus for Gift Edge vouchers: 2x, 3x, 5x = 4.8%, 7.2%, 12%
Magnus for TravelEdge airtickets: 5x = 12%
Atlas is 4% and 10%(for Traveledge)

dileep

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Use Atlas only and only for Travel. Else it doesn't make sense. Also, minimum annual travel spend should be 3L.. to retain silver and have decent return
What is this minimum annual travel spend of 3L?

neogen

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What is this minimum annual travel spend of 3L?
image_2023-09-22_074426064.png

Initially, a new Atlas credit cardholder will be in Silver tier. If cardholder doesn’t achieves the tier threshold in the next anniversary year, existing tier will get downgraded..