• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[LE] on Amex Plat Travel CC without any Document Check

aayusharyan

TF Ace
I recently got a LE on my ICICI Rubyx and wanted to increase the same on Amex on a C2C basis and so I called them. The service rep said that they do not do on C2C basis and so since I was already connected on the call, I asked, what's the process in other approach, she said that they need to check on the System, asked for my Gross income, shared that. She did the LE. 3.31L -> 4.97L. No documents asked, no CIBIL Hit. New Limit Reflecting already on the NB.

The cooldown period is 6 months for requesting another LE.
So, if you folks have not seen an LE in the last 6 months on your AmEx card. Give it a try, no harm in trying anyway.

Let me know how it goes.

aayusharyan

TF Ace
MobiKwik be like.
accha-baat-nahi-hai-ye.jpg

aayusharyan

TF Ace
It is a trick about social engineering.

Also, other banks don't allow like that.
Try to anchor something high, then ask for something which they can do. I usually try this with any customer care rep I need some help with. (Sometimes intentionally, sometimes unintentionally). Usually works. If it doesn't, (you know the usual, system is not showing that, or internal policy or something), then just say thanks, hang up, call again. 🤷🏻‍♂️

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I recently got a LE on my ICICI Rubyx and wanted to increase the same on Amex on a C2C basis and so I called them. The service rep said that they do not do on C2C basis and so since I was already connected on the call, I asked, what's the process in other approach, she said that they need to check on the System, asked for my Gross income, shared that. She did the LE. 3.31L -> 4.97L. No documents asked, no CIBIL Hit. New Limit Reflecting already on the NB.

The cooldown period is 6 months for requesting another LE.
So, if you folks have not seen an LE in the last 6 months on your AmEx card. Give it a try, no harm in trying anyway.

Let me know how it goes.
Which no did u call?

moonsmart

TF Premier
i reached the milestone threshold this year
not a problem
but physical acceptance on pos is very low even in a tier 1 city
I have had heard this since forever but my experience is opposite of this strangely. I am using amex in teir 2 city and its been never rejected by a merchant just because its an amex.

If a merchant accepts credit cards, they've always accepted amex too in my case although my experience is quite limited because I'm new to amex.

I've also noticed Paytm and Pine Labs POS accept it by-default as there was one time the card was declined at my nearby petrol pump and the attendant took my card and POS to his manager then came back and tried again, and it was processed successfully.

My guess would be, since amex just started issuing cards in my city last month, a lot of merchants didn't cared to turn it off in their POS and haven't noticed the extra MDR yet.

D₹V

TF Prestige
I have had heard this since forever but my experience is opposite of this strangely. I am using amex in teir 2 city and its been never rejected by a merchant just because its an amex.

If a merchant accepts credit cards, they've always accepted amex too in my case although my experience is quite limited because I'm new to amex.

I've also noticed Paytm and Pine Labs POS accept it by-default as there was one time the card was declined at my nearby petrol pump and the attendant took my card and POS to his manager then came back and tried again, and it was processed successfully.

My guess would be, since amex just started issuing cards in my city last month, a lot of merchants didn't cared to turn it off in their POS and haven't noticed the extra MDR yet.
Great to hear 😊 about your experience with AMEX card.

Hopefully they expand to my city too.

aayusharyan

TF Ace
I've also noticed Paytm and Pine Labs POS accept it by-default
I disagree because I have first hand experience in setting these things up.
Here as a reference from their website (https://www.pinelabs.com/faqs) Onboarding, Point 6. Merchants need a TID (Terminal IDentification number) from Amex which they need to apply additionally.

While I can agree that the sales team of Pine Labs might have made it easier now to procure the TID for new merchants to onboard them onto the AmEx Network and push them to accept all cards.

aayusharyan

TF Ace
Great to hear 😊 about your experience with AMEX card.

Hopefully they expand to my city too.
But happy to know that AmEx is trying to grow their Market share. Next time I go to my hometown (Also a Tier 2 city). I will definitely give it a try.
Good that you can get to use AmEx on regular basis, that means you can reach their spend threshold even easily.