• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Latest working methods to pay credit card bill from debit cards

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Most of you know the debit cards which are useful, but it’s difficult to keep track of which platforms to use, how to use because of devaluations/ limits.
I had written down current working methods for my personal use but thought of sharing with the community. Will appreciate any feedback. So here goes:

1) RBL signature plus dc: sbi unipay
1b) RBL Enterprise dc: sbi unipay
2) HDFC PLATINUM debit card: can be used on hdfc bill pay and sbi unipay
3)HDFC Millennia debit card: can be used to load Amazon/Mobikwik wallets for 1%. Can use hdfc bill pay or sbi unipay for 2.5%
4) indus visa signature, visa platinum and mastercard world : Use paytm and cred (Dreamplug Paytech merchant) for visa variants. Sbi unipay, HDFC Payzapp and Cheq(not working for most) for mastercard variant.
5) FI money ( infinity or salary variant) : pay 1.5k multiple times through cred using fi upi.
6) IDFC Debit cards: Pay cc bill using sbi unipay.
7) Axis Liberty dc : pay cc through sbi unipay for qtly voucher. Can use upi as well anywhere; no exclusions using upi. Bonus tip: Use axis gyftr portal / amazon to buy amazon gv from Liberty dc for weekend cashback.
8) Citi Priority on sbi unipay

SBI Unipay is working for most, some are reporting failures. Try with small amount first.

Update: Alternative to SBI unipay: ‘Airtel’ (2 merchant names, both work) and ‘Sriram one’ app (but they only have bbps cc). These all give 4900 (utility) mcc.

Update 2: P B R G and thomasjackson mentioned even Dhani Pay has utility MCC (so an alternative to SBI Unipay). Non-BBPS cc can be paid. But KYC required. (havent tried myself)

Update 3: Full details with calculations on rewards added here: https://www.technofino.in/community...-card-bill-from-debit-cards.25788/post-634404

Update 4: SBI dc rewards update from 1st May. Details here
https://www.technofino.in/community...-card-bill-from-debit-cards.25788/post-643329

Ongoing issues 1) : Some have reported idfc dc is blocked while account is active. You can complaint to idfc, it gets solved in 3-5 days.
2) Indus dc points are not regular, so will have to wait and still no guarantee that you will get the correct number of points.
3) mastercard dc not working for some users on sbi unipay.

AU bank and standard chartered bank dc: see here https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/best-debit-card-for-credit-card-bill-payment-2024.26178/

Last edited:

Pankhuri

TF Ace
All 3 can be held together and free of charge with select or exclusive accounts.
I have visa signature and mc world debit cards, select account. How can I request for Visa platinum debit card? I tried requesting through customer care call but they said I would need to first block my Visa signature dc.

Pravin1156

TF Buzz
Hi TF Team, Today I go to IDFC bank and enquired about Select account opening. They told me to initially fund 3lakhs and maintain the balance to avail the select debit card and other related benifits. They told from 1st may 2024 itself normal account to premium account upgrade process stopped.

If I am opening Select account directly by funding 3 lakhs. Any minimum balance to be maintain or if suppose I don't maintain the minimum balance means select debit card features are stopped ah. Please suggest TF Team.

pinki

TF Ace
Hi TF Team, Today I go to IDFC bank and enquired about Select account opening. They told me to initially fund 3lakhs and maintain the balance to avail the select debit card and other related benifits. They told from 1st may 2024 itself normal account to premium account upgrade process stopped.

If I am opening Select account directly by funding 3 lakhs. Any minimum balance to be maintain or if suppose I don't maintain the minimum balance means select debit card features are stopped ah. Please suggest TF Team.
Suggest kriye TF TEAM

@Vasuki

pinki

TF Ace
Today I went to idfc to open select for friend he said with 3 lakh Direct select get opened no need to get extra permission &shit ..
So we closed his previous account in 5 minutes.

Regarding your query - CHU*YA EMPLOYEE jyda bole toh Bm k cabin me jao
Aur bolo achha employee hire krlo.
Ek baat bolna tha doc...

gaali galoj aj kal bahut jyada krne lge hai aap 💀
Control kriye thora
khi galiyon ka ghada bhr n jae apka🌚

3 lakh sounds good.

But if they say they will downgrade that means they will as downgrading is in the hand of branch officials and your RM.

There are chances that they won't downgrade but why risking so much for a debit card which is anyway going to be downgraded in few months. Without reward points, the account is not really worth it. If you frequently travel then lounge access will be the only thing beneficial for you.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
3 lakh sounds good.

But if they say they will downgrade that means they will as downgrading is in the hand of branch officials and your RM.

There are chances that they won't downgrade but why risking so much for a debit card which is anyway going to be downloaded in few months. Without reward points, the account is not really worth it. If you frequently travel then lounge access will be the only thing beneficial for you.
Great knowledge but you are too much misinformed

No downgrade seen in idfc till now.
So enjoy till it lasts

It's giving the highest reward on cc payment
It's one of easiest way to get lounge access for companion

Great knowledge but you are too much misinformed

No downgrade seen in idfc till now.
So enjoy till it lasts

It's giving the highest reward on cc payment
It's one of easiest way to get lounge access for companion
Banks generally don't downgrade which I totally agree. But downgrading is in the hands of branch officials, they can downgrade if they want.

When everyone starts not maintaining balance eventually they will be compelled to downgrade.

And it is the best debit card out there. But do you really think the party is going to last more than few months with this much mass popularisation? It does not take enough time for idfc to exclude any mcc. Nor will it take time for SBI to change its MCC.

Itna v negative feel nhi karwana hai...😂

@Pravin1156 1 2 mahina me hi 7500/15000 loot lena 😂😂

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Nothing stopped.
Guys,

For some shitty reason, IndusInd mobile app is not showing acquired reward points.

Just login to netbanking and check your points for Indus Select Visa and MC World debit cards.

I just found out that I got points for credit card bill payments done in Paytm using Indus Select Visa debit card (maybe long ago) in netbanking.
Someone else also mentioned this if i remember correctly

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Banks generally don't downgrade which I totally agree. But downgrading is in the hands of branch officials, they can downgrade if they want.

When everyone starts not maintaining balance eventually they will be compelled to downgrade.

And it is the best debit card out there. But do you really think the party is going to last more than few months with this much mass popularisation? It does not take enough time for idfc to exclude any mcc. Nor will it take time for SBI to change its MCC.

Itna v negative feel nhi karwana hai...😂

@Pravin1156 1 2 mahina me hi 7500/15000 loot lena 😂😂
My branch doesn't even know what select is
Ofc nothing lasts forever.
If this continues 6 month its more than worth

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Guys,

For some shitty reason, IndusInd mobile app is not showing acquired reward points.

Just login to netbanking and check your points for Indus Select Visa and MC World debit cards.

I just found out that I got points for credit card bill payments done in Paytm using Indus Select Visa debit card (maybe long ago) in netbanking.
Post this in status

Pravin1156

TF Buzz
Guys,

I am not Indus Select Visa Signature. I am holding Visa Signature card of ₹5000 joining fee variant and I am holding tarakki current account with IndusInd bank. So holding Normal Visa Signature debit card while transacting at Cred(Dreamplug Paytech solutions) fetch any reward points. Please confirm TF Team.

On 9th May 2024 I done 1.5lakhs on Cred but still not fetch points.