• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak Mahindra Bank not honoring the free credit card offer

So in July, I saw an advt. by Kotak Mahindra Bank offering their League CC for free(both annual and issuing charges). I applied and got the card but upon confirming this with the customer care executive later, I was told it wasn't free and I will be charged 500 rupees as annual charges. Which is downright scam.
To make the matters worse, I was contacted by their executive once, and she asked for my Date of Birth. I told her and before I could ask what it was for, she said your request for keeping the card active without making any transaction has been submitted to the RBI. I wasn't told that was a verification call for THAT. They have been acting in bad faith all along and their twitter customer support seems to be useless too.
It's been close to 3 months and I haven't yet activated the card but yet it hasn't been closed automatically, probably because of that request.
I have the screenshots of the advt. and from kotak's own website too, mentioning it to be free, (WITHOUT any asterisks).

So, what should be my next move? Do i contact RBI's ombudsman or will that be useless since screenshots won't be accepted as proof?

I applied yesterday only. Was in impression that I will mail them and take all in writing for LTF.
Anybody elase faced this kind of situation?

jainsuk

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Worst bank, had similar experience. They are unethical and employees are downright rude and unprofessional. Staying away from them.

Last edited:

AlgoTrader

TF Ace
Only you apply for the card - any LTF card, the moment it is approved, drop an email to customer care and get LTF confirmation. If they don't respond properly or if they don't give straight response, drop another email within 20-25 days to cancel the card. If they still charge a fee, pay it and ask them to cancel the card. We can file compliant against the bank and get the money bank and may be more