• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Available balance Kotak credit cards

NCC

TF Buzz
I have two credit cards from Kotak. I recently got the Kotak UPI Rupay credit card. At the time of applying, it was shown that the two cards will have a shared credit limit. However, Kotak mobile app shows available credit limit separately. So, how can I know the overall available credit limit?

I have two ICICI credit cards with shared limit. Even though separate limits are shown in iMobile, I can see the overall available credit limit after doing a transaction. It was mentioned in the sms/email. But this is not the case with Kotak. The transaction sms/email still shows the limit separately. Is there a way to know the current available credit limit?

D₹V

TF Prestige
I have two credit cards from Kotak. I recently got the Kotak UPI Rupay credit card. At the time of applying, it was shown that the two cards will have a shared credit limit. However, Kotak mobile app shows available credit limit separately. So, how can I know the overall available credit limit?

I have two ICICI credit cards with shared limit. Even though separate limits are shown in iMobile, I can see the overall available credit limit after doing a transaction. It was mentioned in the sms/email. But this is not the case with Kotak. The transaction sms/email still shows the limit separately. Is there a way to know the current available credit limit?
Mostly it's shared in Kotak.

Same you can see after doing a txn.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

Incase they are different.
1 either they will be merged
2 you can use highest limit of one card from sharing of both card like axis .

Like if u have 3 lakh - 2 lakh limit .
But u can only use upto 3 lakh on both card combined not 5 lakh

NCC

TF Buzz
Screenshot_20240101_112508_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20240101_112416_Gmail.jpg

The two cards have the same credit limit. After doing transactions, the available credit limit is shown different as you can see from the pictures. In my experience with ICICI cards, the current combined available limit is shown after a transaction. However, for Kotak the combined available limit is not shown. I just want to check if there is a way to see the combined available limit without having to manually calculate it.

NCC

TF Buzz
I did a transaction yesterday using the virtual rupay upi card ( Kotak app showed 120k+ available balance on this card). The transaction was declined and I got an sms saying the I had exceeded the total credit limit across all active credit cards. When I calculated the total usage, it turned that I had in fact exceeded the shared credit limit. However, out of curiosity, I tried using the other primary Kotak card and the transaction was successful. I tried the rupay card with Rs 2 transaction, and still the transaction was failed because of exceeding credit limit. Next tried another transaction of Rs 1000 on the primary card and the transaction was successful. So, why was transaction successful on the primary card but failed on the virtual rupay card? As the limits were shared between the two cards, shouldn't the transaction be failed on the primary card also? Can anybody explain how this credit limit works?

D₹V

TF Prestige
I did a transaction yesterday using the virtual rupay upi card ( Kotak app showed 120k+ available balance on this card). The transaction was declined and I got an sms saying the I had exceeded the total credit limit across all active credit cards. When I calculated the total usage, it turned that I had in fact exceeded the shared credit limit. However, out of curiosity, I tried using the other primary Kotak card and the transaction was successful. I tried the rupay card with Rs 2 transaction, and still the transaction was failed because of exceeding credit limit. Next tried another transaction of Rs 1000 on the primary card and the transaction was successful. So, why was transaction successful on the primary card but failed on the virtual rupay card? As the limits were shared between the two cards, shouldn't the transaction be failed on the primary card also? Can anybody explain how this credit limit works?
List your cards limit

hedgehog2122

TF Premier
I have 2 kotak cards with equal limit of 6 Lakhs each. When I use 1st, the available credit on second doesn't reduce. Can I assume I have seperate limited, in cibil also separate limits are reported for each card which coincidentally is same.

D₹V

TF Prestige
I have 2 kotak cards with equal limit of 6 Lakhs each. When I use 1st, the available credit on second doesn't reduce. Can I assume I have seperate limited, in cibil also separate limits are reported for each card which coincidentally is same.
It is shared.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Total credit limit is 182000. Right now, according to Kotak app, the available credit limits are 43587.05 and 127279.20.
Kotak upi isn't working .

And yes u can use total of 182k across both card.

NCC

TF Buzz
The thing is I was able to use up a total of around 195k, which is more than the total credit limit of 182k. I didn't try more. The primary card was still working while the Rupay UPI card was not working when the total limit reached 182k. By the way, overlimit facilities were disabled on both cards.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
The thing is I was able to use up a total of around 195k, which is more than the total credit limit of 182k. I didn't try more. The primary card was still working while the Rupay UPI card was not working when the total limit reached 182k. By the way, overlimit facilities were disabled on both cards.
As said rupay kotak is having problem .. everyone is sitting tight ..
Ask customer care via Twitter for more . Maybe for you limit merge thing is still on the way & not done yet ..
But in future merge limit is the go to thing for banks
Except sbi because they have separate kyc for each card .& Seprate address for each card

Reactions: NCC