• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

JUPITER RUPAY CSB EDGE CREDIT CARD

techhdate

TF Premier
I got this plastic delivered today. Yes, I know it was a bit late, but it's a cool devalued card with a transparent side, so nice to add it to my collection.
2 percent back on shopping, which is still not bad for a LTF card.

How is your experience with this card been?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-15 193012.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-15 193012.png
    222.6 KB · Views: 166

techhdate

TF Premier
Besides being a good looking card (and the cool packaging it comes, plus the stickers), in terms of usability the Jupiter CSB Edge Rupay CC is fairly useless. At best you can call it another LTF card without any USPs. Earlier, they would give you up to 5% cashback back on UPI spends when paid via the Jupiter app (system would show how many jewels you would receive for the transaction). They have devalued it drastically (CB is 0.4% now) but they claim it is done as per user feedback. They claim users were not clear earlier on CB (since it was UP TO 5% on UPI).

The 2% back on shopping is for some merchants only. You will only get 0.4% at most shops. Net-net, haven't found one person who has anything good to say about this card after the devaluation.

On the plus side if you do get rewards (Jewels) the Jewels to cash conversion is super easy. Wish more banks had an easy UI like this for redemption.

Planning to close this card soon. Sad, because it was my first Rupay card and I liked the look, and generally Jupiter's neobanking services with Federal Bank are decent.

There is an Amazon Pay voucher offer on first transaction and some extra cashback on first 3 UPI transactions. Make sure you get it. At least some compensation for having given your data to Jupiter. :)
My experience the last two days was good. I activated the 2% cashback for shopping option. I used the card to scan and pay in all local shops (Paytm, phonepe merchants), all of which got me 2% cashback. LTF card providing 2 percent on UPI transactions is not bad.

joshuatree

TF Select
VIP Lounge
My experience the last two days was good. I activated the 2% cashback for shopping option. I used the card to scan and pay in all local shops (Paytm, phonepe merchants), all of which got me 2% cashback. LTF card providing 2 percent on UPI transactions is not bad.
Unfortunately, I got zilch at local shops. Hence, stopped using the card.

Blackfyre

TF Buzz
From what I gathered, if you have many different office and home addresses in your credit reports, they're getting rejected.
I actually have only one address in all my credit reports, but unfortunately there are like '/'s and '&'s different in every address because some banks accept these while I'm entering the address and some don't. And even these minute changes are showing up as inaccuracies in addresses, which is really quite annoying.

krish11

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I actually have only one address in all my credit reports, but unfortunately there are like '/'s and '&'s different in every address because some banks accept these while I'm entering the address and some don't. And even these minute changes are showing up as inaccuracies in addresses, which is really quite annoying.
Check in your Experian report with the heading - profile information if there's any derogatory remarks... Like inconsistent profile information.
I think because of this, Experian hunter check is considering any application with "Inconsistent Profile Information" as fraud

Blackfyre

TF Buzz
Check in your Experian report with the heading - profile information if there's any derogatory remarks... Like inconsistent profile information.
I think because of this, Experian hunter check is considering any application with "Inconsistent Profile Information" as fraud
Yeah it definitely has derogatory marks, the address is inconsistent in almost everything, but like I said it's just simple things like the ampersand. I requested the banks to change it but they hardly cared, and I stopped trying after a certain point.

These banks should have a better system for eligibility checks though, in the name of efficiency and quickness, they end up using half baked AI systems like this and it affects us.

Last edited:

krish11

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yeah it definitely has derogatory marks, the address is inconsistent in almost everything, but like I said it's just simple things like the ampersand. I requested the banks to change it but they hardly cared, and I stopped trying after a certain point.

These banks should have a better system for eligibility checks though, in the name is efficiency and quickness, they end up using half baked AI systems like this and it affects us.

Someone from TF Community pointed out that Experian Hunter Check tool is cheap and outdated.

Startup neo-banks like Jupiter using such tool to save money makes sense where they hardly care about customer acquisitions. Maybe that's why they have a weird waitlisting method where waitlist number 1.5 lakh gets the invite before 1 lakh. They just want to create a bubble through some gimmick marketing.

Blackfyre

TF Buzz
Someone from TF Community pointed out that Experian Hunter Check tool is cheap and outdated.

Startup neo-banks like Jupiter using such tool to save money makes sense where they hardly care about customer acquisitions. Maybe that's why they have a weird waitlisting method where waitlist number 1.5 lakh gets the invite before 1 lakh. They just want to create a bubble through some gimmick marketing.
That actually makes sense, especially with the waitlist thing, it was utterly idiotic, they weren't even doing eligibility checks before giving out invites and I saw so many people getting their invites even though my waitlist number was only 16k and I got after 7 months. I forgot the even card existed after a point.

Atharva@1909

TF Buzz
I got this plastic delivered today. Yes, I know it was a bit late, but it's a cool devalued card with a transparent side, so nice to add it to my collection.
2 percent back on shopping, which is still not bad for a LTF card.

How is your experience with this card been?
Card approval on the basis of which credit score cibil , Equifax , highmark or Experian ?
Or from which credit bureau does the bank fetch score to approve the card ?

blupirate

TF Buzz
Applied and got this gard approved today .

Approved limit shown while applying was 3 L but they gave 2.5L finally . Is this normal ?
Yes they show up to 3 lakhs i guess but i got approved with 2.5L and my friend got approved with 5lakh limit. It's kind of strange because to him also it showed up to 3lakhs limit before he applied.

blupirate

TF Buzz
So , any real usage for this card or just keeping as a LTF trophy ?
apart from 2% cashback in local shops/grocery. I don't think its of any use now. If someone does not have this card then they're not missing anything. Moreover they don't give any cashback if we do UPI txn via third party apps(CRED, PAYTM, PHONPE etc), For UPI have to use Jupiter app.