• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

JUPITER RUPAY CSB EDGE CREDIT CARD

techhdate

TF Premier
I got this plastic delivered today. Yes, I know it was a bit late, but it's a cool devalued card with a transparent side, so nice to add it to my collection.
2 percent back on shopping, which is still not bad for a LTF card.

How is your experience with this card been?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-15 193012.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-15 193012.png
    222.6 KB · Views: 189

drsel

TF Legend
One of the worst. Transactions get declined quite frequently, lot of merchant restrictions, temporary account block by the system. Faced all these issues before devaluation. After devaluation, haven't used yet.

I have cards which gives 5-6% on shopping. So this is useless now.
Which cards give you 6% on shopping please?

Nitin13

TF Buzz
On Shopping through UPI 2% CB , don't think any other Card gives!

Confused now on which UPI card to apply. Edge CSB CC, AU SPONT Rupay Credit Card, Kotak Myntra or Tata New infinity. Which will be better of these 4 or any other Recommendation?

joshuatree

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Confused now on which UPI card to apply. Edge CSB CC, AU SPONT Rupay Credit Card, Kotak Myntra or Tata New infinity. Which will be better of these 4 or any other Recommendation?

Tata Neu Infinity if its UPI cashback you want. Jupiter Edge CSB is supposed to give you 2% back on shopping / dining / travel (you can choose one and cannot change for 3 months), but in reality, don't expect 2% at regular shops since many small shops use proprietors name on UPI. Actually, I don't remember getting 2% cashback on pretty much any shop after the devaluation. If you ask they will give you gyaan on MCC codes, etc.

Net-Net, Tata Neu Infinity gives 1.5% back on everything UPI while Jupiter Edge CSB will give 2% back on a very narrow list of places.

No-brainer on which the better card is, even though Tata Neu Infinity is not LTF.

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Tata Neu Infinity if its UPI cashback you want. Jupiter Edge CSB is supposed to give you 2% back on shopping / dining / travel (you can choose one and cannot change for 3 months), but in reality, don't expect 2% at regular shops since many small shops use proprietors name on UPI. Actually, I don't remember getting 2% cashback on pretty much any shop after the devaluation. If you ask they will give you gyaan on MCC codes, etc.

Net-Net, Tata Neu Infinity gives 1.5% back on everything UPI while Jupiter Edge CSB will give 2% back on a very narrow list of places.

No-brainer on which the better card is, even though Tata Neu Infinity is not LTF.
Tata Neu doesn't give cb but gives Neu coins which is useful only if you use Big basket services. Jupiter gives real cb by redeeming jewels as account balance.

drsel

TF Legend

2% shopping category on UPI/ scan QR code is the best option in theory.

But it practice many users who activated shopping category have complained they got only 0.4% by scanning the QR code of small local banyas and grocery shops;
because the shop owner uses his personal name for UPI.

Also never use a UPI card with poor returns whenever the merchant or shop has got a swipe machine, because swiping the card will give you much higher returns if you have the correct cards

Last edited:

drsel

TF Legend
Tata Neu doesn't give cb but gives Neu coins which is useful only if you use Big basket services. Jupiter gives real cb by redeeming jewels as account balance.
If I try to redeem even 1 neu coin, I cannot get a 20% discount (500 on 2500) with my Indusind exclusive debit card.
So I have not used the neu coins at all and they are just left to expire

joshuatree

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Neu Coins are accepted across Tata brands. Tata 1Mg, Big Basket, Croma, Tata Cliq, Westside, Indian Hotels, Air Asia and more.

I use Big Basket and Tata 1Mg and manage to exhaust all my Neu Coins there.

And 1 Neu coin = 1 Rupee

I would take 1.5% Neu coins any day over Jupiter's claimed 2% but in reality 0.4% cashback.

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Neu Coins are accepted across Tata brands. Tata 1Mg, Big Basket, Croma, Tata Cliq, Westside, Indian Hotels, Air Asia and more.

I use Big Basket and Tata 1Mg and manage to exhaust all my Neu Coins there.

And 1 Neu coin = 1 Rupee

I would take 1.5% Neu coins any day over Jupiter's claimed 2% but in reality 0.4% cashback.
As someone who uses Big basket, Swiggy and Amazon prime, I don't shop from BB exclusively. My Jupiter Edge CSB hasn't been declined even once, and I have even made payments as small as Rs 10 to a flower vendor. I have been using it since the time they were giving upto 5% cb. I averaged 3.5% which is far better than any offline use card.

joshuatree

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
As someone who uses Big basket, Swiggy and Amazon prime, I don't shop from BB exclusively. My Jupiter Edge CSB hasn't been declined even once, and I have even made payments as small as Rs 10 to a flower vendor. I have been using it since the time they were giving upto 5% cb. I averaged 3.5% which is far better than any offline use card.

I don't shop from Big Basket exclusively either -- I use Instamart, Zepto, BB Now and Amazon, yet am able to always finish Neu Coins on just BB Now and Tata 1Mg. Tata 1Mg because they provide the best prices (usually 15%+ discount) and 1-hour rapid delivery for free even when I order at 10 PM. And I also buy GVs from SmartBuy through Infinia.

Great that you are averaging 3.5% -- sadly I don't see that, and nor do I see others with the card tell me that. In fact across the board I largely see frustration with Jupiter because of the devaluation. My latest Jupiter Edge CSB bill is Rs 6200+ and jewels when converted to cash come to Rs 70 (some from last bill too). Around 1% or less. Expenses have mostly been shopping, but am not getting 2% either. Have been using Jupiter for a while now, so have got decent UPI cashback in the past, but no longer. I'd rather use my Tata Neu Infinity Rupay or my Kotak IOCL Rupay or ICICI HPCL Superpay Rupay for better cashback.

I don't understand your point about your Jupiter Edge CSB not having being declined once. What's unique about that? And, I never make super small payments from a credit card because super small payments are to tiny vendors and even 1% MDR hurts them.

drsel

TF Legend
Please let us know what percentage of the time you got 0.4% and what percentage of the time you got 2% when scanning QR Codes at small local banyas and grocery shops

joshuatree

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Please let us know what percentage of the time you got 0.4% and what percentage of the time you got 2% when scanning QR Codes at small local banyas and grocery shops

Largely impossible to tell. When you scan you sometimes see "you will earn 123 Jewels on this transaction," message but doesn't happen every time.

And no mention of RPs (Jewels) in card statement. Talk about transparency!!!

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I don't shop from Big Basket exclusively either -- I use Instamart, Zepto, BB Now and Amazon, yet am able to always finish Neu Coins on just BB Now and Tata 1Mg. Tata 1Mg because they provide the best prices (usually 15%+ discount) and 1-hour rapid delivery for free even when I order at 10 PM. And I also buy GVs from SmartBuy through Infinia.

Great that you are averaging 3.5% -- sadly I don't see that, and nor do I see others with the card tell me that. In fact across the board I largely see frustration with Jupiter because of the devaluation. My latest Jupiter Edge CSB bill is Rs 6200+ and jewels when converted to cash come to Rs 70 (some from last bill too). Around 1% or less. Expenses have mostly been shopping, but am not getting 2% either. Have been using Jupiter for a while now, so have got decent UPI cashback in the past, but no longer. I'd rather use my Tata Neu Infinity Rupay or my Kotak IOCL Rupay or ICICI HPCL Superpay Rupay for better cashback.

I don't understand your point about your Jupiter Edge CSB not having being declined once. What's unique about that? And, I never make super small payments from a credit card because super small payments are to tiny vendors and even 1% MDR hurts them.
No MDR is charged for payments below 2k. It is intresting to note that you can purchase flowers worth Rs 10 and still get cashback. People are disgruntled with Jupiter because few hold it and many are rejected. Jupiter never came out of the beta phase but I don't see why people feel so strongly about a LTF card which was and is still highly rewarding. At times, it is still better than using the Axis Ace card. For medicines, the local shop gives flat 20% discount and accepts payment using CC which again fetches RPs.

Even though my Neu infinity is LTF, but majority have to pay 1770 per annum and that too to accrue Neu coins which restricts ones choices. You are comparing a card costing 1770 pa to a LTF card. Doesn't make sense.

drsel

TF Legend
People are reporting less than 1% average return.
even when I scan QR codes of the local barber, grocery/ Banya, I see the name of the person, so I guess 2% is not possible.
0.4% is quite pathetic, most of the Rupay UPI credit cards are giving one percent

Wanted to test the Jupiter App.
Downloaded n installed.
Can't open SB or apply for Card.
Says unserviceable area.
Strange. CSB, Federal, IB.. all have branches here for very many years.
Wrote to their helpdesk.

joshuatree

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
No MDR is charged for payments below 2k. It is intresting to note that you can purchase flowers worth Rs 10 and still get cashback. People are disgruntled with Jupiter because few hold it and many are rejected. Jupiter never came out of the beta phase but I don't see why people feel so strongly about a LTF card which was and is still highly rewarding. At times, it is still better than using the Axis Ace card. For medicines, the local shop gives flat 20% discount and accepts payment using CC which again fetches RPs.

Even though my Neu infinity is LTF, but majority have to pay 1770 per annum and that too to accrue Neu coins which restricts ones choices. You are comparing a card costing 1770 pa to a LTF card. Doesn't make sense.

You seem to think that all that applies to you, applies to others. It doesn't. I'm happy for you if you are getting 3% CB and thrilled with Jupiter Edge CSB Rupay. But your experience with the card and other life situations need not be the same for everyone else.

For my needs, Jupiter CSB Rupay gives me hardly anything. I think Jupiter CSB Rupay is a trash card, because I'm not seeing any rewards as promised even on shopping.

As for medicines, you are wrong again. Your experience is not the norm. Discounts vary from place to place. In Mumbai I got maximum 15% discount. Where I live now, 10% is rare (nearest guy says he will give 10% but only for senior citizens; chain pharma store in a mall nearby promises 15% but rarely has meds needed and works mall hours of 10 to 9 PM). Many others are in malls too here. Worse, with all these guys, delivery happens much later and all nearby medical stores including those not in malls are shut by 10. Tata 1Mg gives me excellent discounts (can reach 20%+ when bill goes over 1K), have a massive inventory of meds where almost every brand choice is available and they ensure rapid delivery within an hour. Plus I get extra Tata Neu Points when I order on the Tata Neu Infinity.

My Tata Neu Infinity is LTF too.

The OP included Tata Neu Infinity among his choices which is why I commented based on my experience. For all you know Jupiter might pull that same queue stunt with him as with all others to create artificial scarcity. You are XXXXX in the queue, etc. Though in reality if you have a Jupiter account and your CIBIL score is good none of that matters -- you get the card within an hour or two without any number in the queue. Which was my experience and months later my wife's. Though since the card is trash now for her needs too, she simply does UPI using her Tata Neu Infinity and has blocked the Jupiter Edge CSB Rupay.

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
You seem to think that all that applies to you, applies to others. It doesn't. I'm happy for you if you are getting 3% CB and thrilled with Jupiter Edge CSB Rupay. But your experience with the card and other life situations need not be the same for everyone else.

For my needs, Jupiter CSB Rupay gives me hardly anything. I think Jupiter CSB Rupay is a trash card, because I'm not seeing any rewards as promised even on shopping.

As for medicines, you are wrong again. Your experience is not the norm. Discounts vary from place to place. In Mumbai I got maximum 15% discount. Where I live now, 10% is rare (nearest guy says he will give 10% but only for senior citizens; chain pharma store in a mall nearby promises 15% but rarely has meds needed and works mall hours of 10 to 9 PM). Many others are in malls too here. Worse, with all these guys, delivery happens much later and all nearby medical stores including those not in malls are shut by 10. Tata 1Mg gives me excellent discounts (can reach 20%+ when bill goes over 1K), have a massive inventory of meds where almost every brand choice is available and they ensure rapid delivery within an hour. Plus I get extra Tata Neu Points when I order on the Tata Neu Infinity.

My Tata Neu Infinity is LTF too.

The OP included Tata Neu Infinity among his choices which is why I commented based on my experience. For all you know Jupiter might pull that same queue stunt with him as with all others to create artificial scarcity. You are XXXXX in the queue, etc. Though in reality if you have a Jupiter account and your CIBIL score is good none of that matters -- you get the card within an hour or two without any number in the queue. Which was my experience and months later my wife's. Though since the card is trash now for her needs too, she simply does UPI using her Tata Neu Infinity and has blocked the Jupiter Edge CSB Rupay.
I'm very sad to see people trash talk a good free product because of their inability to use it at appropriate locations which gives the 2% cashback.

Most of the people rating against this product, to me at least seem to be a case of sour grapes.

You are being taken for a ride by your chemist shops. I stay in Mumbai and get 20% discount on all medicines that I procure.

Neu infinity isn't an invincible card, the reward structure is neither transparent. You get 5% Neu coins immediately after transaction and 5% at end of billing period. I haven't received the promised 1.5% for all offline transactions from Neu Infinity. I have been holding this card since Feb 2023 and find it unreliable for getting the promised cashback. As such Neu isn't nt invincible and will see devaluation sooner or later.

As you have mentioned earlier, your experience also is not binding on everyone. Unfortunately, I only see posts angry with a fintechs providing a LTF card with good reward rate and scaring away people from trying.

Those who get the card have been able to enjoy it and clearly there are many people of such kind. I would suggest you to find out MCC of merchants with whom you regularly transact so that you can be assured of getting the promised reward rate.

Granted that Jupiter has been recently devalued by limiting cashback to 2% and also limiting cashback to certain MCCs but still for a free card it isn't that bad.

Last edited:

joshuatree

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I'm very sad to see people trash talk a good free product because of their inability to use it at appropriate locations which gives the 2% cashback.

Most of the people rating against this product, to me at least seem to be a case of sour grapes.

You are being taken for a ride by your chemist shops. I stay in Mumbai - 19 and get 20% discount on all medicines that I procure.

Neu infinity isn't an invincible card, the reward structure is neither transparent. You get 5% Neu coins immediately after transaction and 5% at end of billing period. I haven't received the promised 1.5% for all offline transactions from Neu Infinity. I have been holding this card since Feb 2023 and find it unreliable for getting the promised cashback. As such Neu isn't nt invincible and will see devaluation sooner or later.

As you have mentioned earlier, your experience also is not binding on everyone. Unfortunately, I only see posts angry with a fintechs providing a LTF card with good reward rate and scaring away people from trying.

Those who get the card have been able to enjoy it and clearly there are many people of such kind. I would suggest you to find out MCC of merchants with whom you regularly transact so that you can be assured of getting the promised reward rate.

Granted that Jupiter has been recently devalued by limiting cashback to 2% and also limiting cashback to certain MCCs but still for a free card it isn't that bad.

Ha ha! My inability to use it at appropriate locations to get 2% cashback? Talk about being full of oneself.

And full of contradictions too. First you rant about my inability to use the card at "appropriate locations" and then you claim those who have been able to get the card have been able to enjoy it. I have the card and one more in my family. So no sour grapes of any kind. I know what shopping means and how it differs from dining or travel and I don't see the benefits. I'm not going to go around finding MCC of merchants -- may be you have the bandwidth for such niche research but most normal people don't. We try scanning at a shop in a mall and when we notice we consistently don't get rewards as promised we trash the card. I may look at MCC when I'm swiping for a lakh which counts towards a milestone but am not going to look for MCC with 100-200 bucks kinds of payments.

As for many of "such kind" that you claim "enjoy it", check out the Jupiter Community and even there, everyone is upset with the revaluation. And now of course, Federal Bank is pulling the rug under the main Jupiter account too with its ridiculous new charges. Jupiter's initial cashback on the Edge CSB was just marketing hype to drum up interest and that is why they are getting the stick from users, not because of sour grapes, etc.

If you have a problem with Tata Neu trash it for all I care. For me, I think its far superior to Jupiter Edge CSB based on my real experience. And I would wager so would most on this forum that is knowledgeable on credit cards.

As for chemist shops, good for you. Going by your claims on the Jupiter Edge CSB, I would like to take it with a large pinch of salt, but enjoy 20% if you indeed are getting it. As for me, I lived in Powai and interacted with 7-8 chemists till I got 15%, including the likes of Welless Forever and small but reliable pharmacies. As someone who was fairly involved in the community and I've interacted with others too in the area looking for discounts on medicines and the best we were all able to find was 15%. May be we are fools compared to your eminent greatness, but I'd rather be a fool than pompous.

Last edited: