• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Issued Myzone credit card linked to no phone number

Tonymathew

TF Premier
I've been through a torturous unseen situation. I had applied for a Myzone CC on 4th of March, from my phone online. I recieved the vKyc link on my mobile phone with my official number itself. (Screenshot attached).

My card got approved and was sent to me in 3-4 days. When i recieved the card, the attached document showed my contact details with my address only, and my phone number was missing.

When I tried to login to axis mobile app, it is showing that my number is not linked to any account/credit card.

The funniest thing of all is that, when I tried to make anl small transaction from Flipkart as well as Paytm, I AM GETTING THE OTP SENT TO MY PHONE NUMBER only. (Attaching screenshot).

I called the customer service for atleast 100 times. They told me that since the number(my OFFICIAL REGISTERED number) is not getting shown in the system, they CANNOT help and was forcing to IVR to verify my card and number. I have every call recordings.

As a last resort I went to my nearest branch at Sambalpur, Odisha. The agents/officers said it is not possible. They also found that my phone number has 4 different customer ids linked, out of which none are active. They then tried to physically add my contact number which also failed, as per their words.

So my question is
1) How can you as a bank issue a credit card without linking it to any phone number? That too at this digital age?

2) If the card was not linked to my phone number, how come I receive the link for vkyc to my phone number?

3) If my phone is not linked, how am I getting OTP's for all the transactions. (Well all the transactions are getting declined by the bank).

Important points to note:
LAST DATE FOR MY CARD ACTIVATION IS 3/4/2024.

I also mailed NO and PNO. They are working on it for over 2 weeks.

New Funny thing.
NO called me day before yesterday and said my card is linked to the phone number.
But truth is that, it still is not and that's when I decided to visit branch and hear about their helplessness.

Is there any solution, as Customer team, NO, PNO, and branch all turned out to be futile.

Someone pls share insight.

If anyone working with AXIS pls help

Edit. 1/4/2024

Registered a grievance with National Consumer helpline.

Following that PNO mailed me that my credit card is already linked to my phone number. (Attaching screenshot)

The problem still persisted.

Again contacted customer service. They said phone number is not linked. Attaching screenshot

Edit 05/04/2024
Problem Resolved.

This would be axis banks BEST APRIL FOOL Prank which ran for a month.

Attachments

• IMG_20240329_143122.jpg
    IMG_20240329_143122.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_2024-03-29-14-29-13-132_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-29-14-29-13-132_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20240401_151038.jpg
    IMG_20240401_151038.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20240401_150944.jpg
    IMG_20240401_150944.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 15
  • evidence 2.jpeg
    evidence 2.jpeg
    257 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Gaara

TF Ace
I read in someone's thread they had the same issue multiple costumer ID's linked to one number.
These axis people should Update they system and allot their costumer ID's based on PAN (One pan on Costumer ID)

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I've been through a torturous unseen situation. I had applied for a Myzone CC on 4th of March, from my phone online. I recieved the vKyc link on my mobile phone with my official number itself. (Screenshot attached).

My card got approved and was sent to me in 3-4 days. When i recieved the card, the attached document showed my contact details with my address only, and my phone number was missing.

When I tried to login to axis mobile app, it is showing that my number is not linked to any account/credit card.

The funniest thing of all is that, when I tried to make anl small transaction from Flipkart as well as Paytm, I AM GETTING THE OTP SENT TO MY PHONE NUMBER only. (Attaching screenshot).

I called the customer service for atleast 100 times. They told me that since the number(my OFFICIAL REGISTERED number) is not getting shown in the system, they CANNOT help and was forcing to IVR to verify my card and number. I have every call recordings.

As a last resort I went to my nearest branch at Sambalpur, Odisha. The agents/officers said it is not possible. They also found that my phone number has 4 different customer ids linked, out of which none are active. They then tried to physically add my contact number which also failed, as per their words.

So my question is
1) How can you as a bank issue a credit card without linking it to any phone number? That too at this digital age?

2) If the card was not linked to my phone number, how come I receive the link for vkyc to my phone number?

3) If my phone is not linked, how am I getting OTP's for all the transactions. (Well all the transactions are getting declined by the bank).

New Funny thing.
NO called me day before yesterday and said my card is linked to the phone number.
But truth is that, it still is not and that's when I decided to visit branch and hear about their helplessness.

Is there any solution, as Customer team, NO, PNO, and branch all turned out to be futile.

It will sync .. eventually

lightwaves

TF Premier

So my question is

New Funny thing.

Axis and their unprecedented issues continue

Tonymathew

TF Premier

Following that PNO mailed me that my credit card is already linked to my phone number. (Attaching screenshot)

Again contacted customer service. They said phone number is not linked. Attaching screenshot

Attachments

• IMG_20240401_151038.jpg
    IMG_20240401_151038.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240401_150944.jpg
    IMG_20240401_150944.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 4
  • evidence 2.jpeg
    evidence 2.jpeg
    257 KB · Views: 4

praful47

TF Ace

So my question is

New Funny thing.

Edit. 1/4/2024

Try complaining on Twitter .
Your issue will be forwarded to internal ombudsman.

Strange

TF Legend

So my question is

New Funny thing.

Edit. 1/4/2024

I think your mobile is not linked to your customer ID.
To know your credit card customer ID send CUSTIDCC XXXX (Last 4 digits of your card) to 56161600.
After getting your customer ID ask PNO to update your mobile number.

Tonymathew

TF Premier
I think your mobile is not linked to your customer ID.
To know your credit card customer ID send CUSTIDCC XXXX (Last 4 digits of your card) to 56161600.
After getting your customer ID ask PNO to update your mobile number.
Regarding fetching custid, this isbthe message I am getting back.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-04-02-12-16-40-043_com.android.mms-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-02-12-16-40-043_com.android.mms-edit.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 4