• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

International ticket booking- Infinia or Magnus?

manas_rock

TF Select
Need to book 3 international return tickets for family. total expense is 7-9 lakhs for air tickets for 1 trip.
Which card should I use?
I have magnus and infinia, waiting for vistara axis infinite.

manas_rock

TF Select
Travel Edge using Magnus, Taking Avg cost of 8 lakhs, Normal Points 48000, Extra travel edge 4x points = 192000, making it total of 240000 Edge points and equivalent to 192000 miles/hotel points.
What would be equivalent point in infinia?
My issue is Magnus is in my wifes name and she will not be traveling.
Heard airline can prevent boarding if credit card holder is not traveling with you- has happened with some people.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Heard airline can prevent boarding if credit card holder is not traveling with you- has happened with some people.
never heard any such incident. It shouldn’t be a issue .
You can confirm directly confirm with airlines regarding any such condition

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Where did you here this from? Are there are any reports/blogs of the same?
Some airlines like easyJet insist on the physical card to be shown at check in.

Most airlines though never ask for it.

bengaltiger

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
No issues at all. I buy tickets for many in my family.

Reactions: 787

ak93

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I had faced similar issue where I had booking Etihad flights using my cousin's amex card since there was a better offer with the same. Etihad asked for either the physical card to be with me or send them a statement showing the transaction along with booking reference. Sending them the statement few days before the trip was enough.

churn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
never heard any such incident. It shouldn’t be a issue .
You can confirm directly confirm with airlines regarding any such condition
I have heard and had first hand experience of Air India having such a policy. But rarely enforced. Once, I had booked for my friend and he he had to show the card (this was couple of years ago). He showed them a photocopy of the card with CVV blocked and my signature. We do not know when the person standing there enforces the rule.

From Air India TnC:
The Credit Card used to purchase the ticket/s will have to be produced at the time of check-in. If the card holder is not a member of the travelling party, the travelling member should carry a photo copy of the card used (front and reverse) with the Credit Valid Verification (CVV) number blocked for security reasons and a signed letter from the credit card holder authorising the payment for the travel. The travel details should also contain the name of the passenger, the date of journey & the sector on which the journey is made. The document needs to be presented for verification at the time of check in. Air India Limited reserves the right to deny boarding if the conditions are not met

NeerajNegi

TF Premier
@manas_rock you should always add from where to where you flying so that we can give you a exact answer to maximize the things also share your dates

Also let use know eco/business

sainod

TF Buzz
Can try also buying yatra gift card via axis, 10x points. then redeem voucher on yatra to buy tickets.

Last edited:

chbhk619

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Can try also buying yatra gift card via axis, 10x points. then redeem voucher on yatra to buy tickets.
i too feel this is the best as it gives you double the points instead of directly using travel edge.. and also there is no issue of producing the credit card if its voucher