• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Info on Banks that reports Add-On credit card accounts to CIBIL.

chacks18

TF Select
I recently read somewhere that CITI and ICICI reports their Add-On card accounts to CIBIL.
Since CITI has stopped sourcing add-on cards, And I'm not 100% sure about ICICI - Any alternate options for the same?
Also I wanted to know if it actually works to build credit history and generate CIBIL score to ones with no previous credit records.
What will be the Account type in the reported account in CIBIL for Add-On card?

chacks18

TF Select
@anirbanm I've never seen any add-on credit card accounts in primary holder's CIBIL.

@BlueFlash Thanks, I'll try with HSBC and AMEX.
AMEX has stopped issuing new cards, add-on cards also included in that ban?
And further, If you could just help with the type of account that is reflected in CIBIL of add-on holder?

Also, If primary holder's utilizations & payment delays going to affect add-on holder's credit score?

fatehbajwa

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I too was looking for n answer to this.
So far I can confirm that Citi and ICICI show "Authorized User" on the add on card holders CIBIL.
They also show the actual limit and highest credit used by the add on card holder.

Has anyone been able to find about any other bank doing the same?

chacks18

TF Select
So far I can confirm that Citi and ICICI show "Authorized User" on the add on card holders CIBIL.
They also show the actual limit and highest credit used by the add on card holder.

So Type of account is "authorized user" in CIBIL, right?

N

Nick

HSBC does, Amex doesn't. My parents have both Amex and HSBC add-on accounts in their credit report. However, only HSBC reports all credit details.

Credit Karma

TF Premier
Does ICICI report Add-on card to other bureaus excluding cibil?
Can there be any major issue or difference if one has a add on credit card from ICICI in their CIBIL or/and other bureau?
And closing such cards will this affect one's credit score in long run?
Which one's better? Add-on or sole owner of CC for starting out?
Yes.....like this.
AUTH USER CIBIL.png