• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IndusInd Bank Pioneer Savings Account Opening Experience

magneto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi All!

I was researching about IndusInd Pioneer account lately and was thinking about opening one, so I approached my nearest branch and the desk person says my PAN is not eligible for a Pioneer account 😂. I told her it's not a Credit Card that I am applying for and she says:
"hota hain sir aapko pata nahi hoga"

Anyway she declined my request to open a Pioneer Account and insisted I am max eligible for Exclusive Account but should open partner account instead.

I was already fed up with my branch and hence I decided to approach a Pioneer Branch directly and open an account with them. They instantly filled the form for me and opened the account, within a week I received the welcome kit with the debit card.

But the only issue was they did not assign me any RM and I had to contact the person through whom I opened the account with, well it's not a big deal as that person is knowledgeable enough but this kind of service was not expected, also they updated incorrect E-mail ID and residential address which I had to update later.

Still they do know about their services and features, as I requested for a metal debit card, they processed it instantly without any charges!

Overall I would say it was a hectic experience but the customer service and knowledge of the Pioneer Branch staff is great 👍

20230513_154406.jpg 20230513_154442.jpg

P.S. I have asked them about LTF Pioneer Heritage Metal Credit Card upgrade but they say it's not possible to reduce or remove the joining fees. After reading so many posts of other people here I said people are getting it LTF so they ask me to share the contact details of the RM who helped them do the process as they are not sure about how it's done and how to take an approval, so if recently anyone has received this card LTF please guide me here🙏

Last edited by a moderator:

irohitpragya

TF Premier
10 Lakhs Initial Funding via Cheque, if the cheque doesn't clear then the account is frozen and automatically closed
bro, there is a person in community who claimed that his rm was willing to open pioneer account with 90k funding. My question let's somehow I can manage to enter in pioneer banking , if I don't maintain required trv. Then I will be downgrade or what?
You can try with different branches. Mostly negotiations won't be possible, you can try with FD's or some policies. But again, everything is possible you just need the right person and the right negotiating skills 👍

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Can you open Pioneer accounts at any branch or should you approach dedicated branches? Asking this as they have only 1-2 branches in most cities. And how to go about upgrading existing accounts?

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Can you open Pioneer accounts at any branch or should you approach dedicated branches? Asking this as they have only 1-2 branches in most cities. And how to go about upgrading existing accounts?
if you go to regular branches they will be rigid on IP more rigid if you do not have any relation
better to go to pioneer branch and negotiate

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
if you go to regular branches they will be rigid on IP more rigid if you do not have any relation
better to go to pioneer branch and negotiate
When I enquired, my BM said that they don't have provision to open Pioneer account, and I would have to shift my account to Pioneer branch. They said Grande would be the top most account category that can cater to.

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
When I enquired, my BM said that they don't have provision to open Pioneer account, and I would have to shift my account to Pioneer branch. They said Grande would be the top most account category that can cater to.
Grande is 2nd highest in their category.
Pioneer requires 30L nrv and again depends on city and negotiations with BM

Ram1

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
bro, there is a person in community who claimed that his rm was willing to open pioneer account with 90k funding. My question let's somehow I can manage to enter in pioneer banking , if I don't maintain required trv. Then I will be downgrade or what?
Who's he? Any contacts?

magneto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If you want to open Pioneer account online then I would suggest you to do the entire process twice (if you want mobile number as account number). Let's assume you want your account number same as your mobile number but during funding they ask you 10L then you cannot backout as your acc number is already generated and you would have to choose a different number when you try next time. Hence, I suggest you to try online twice (once with any number and final time with your mobile number) because if anything goes wrong we won't be having to sacrifice this feature.

For the downgrade part, I don't think they would. Incase they do, then it might also be a good account like exclusive. You can refer the picture I had posted earlier where they have mentioned about downgrade. Let me know if you any further doubts😄

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
If you want to open Pioneer account online then I would suggest you to do the entire process twice (if you want mobile number as account number). Let's assume you want your account number same as your mobile number but during funding they ask you 10L then you cannot backout as your acc number is already generated and you would have to choose a different number when you try next time. Hence, I suggest you to try online twice (once with any number and final time with your mobile number) because if anything goes wrong we won't be having to sacrifice this feature.

For the downgrade part, I don't think they would. Incase they do, then it might also be a good account like exclusive. You can refer the picture I had posted earlier where they have mentioned about downgrade. Let me know if you any further doubts😄
Could you reshare the photo Regarding downgrade

Vaastav

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Demat is going to be a wealth builder for decades. Open it with a good bank 😎
Other Option Is Axis Burgundy but it requires 1cr in Demat Holdings. It would require me some more years to reach that So was thinking of Going with IndusInd Pioneer. Any Other Alternatives that you know??

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Can we shift existing relationship from normal branch to Pioneer branch? My account+add ons meet the investment criteria for Pioneer already.