• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Indusind Bank Partner Account Suggestion

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
A few days ago when I visited Indus bank the employee told me a offer on opening of indus partner account wherein I have to deposit a cheque of rs 2L at opening which I can withdraw as soon as account gets opened and the account then remains zero balance and he also assured that they don't downgrade accounts like HDFC in case of non maintenance of mab.

Is it worth opening the account??

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
this offer is currently going on officially....the account will be zero mab and free debit card for both account holders......its ltf zero mab....confirmed....from three branches...just need 2lakh cheque...and primary holder should be a new customer for indusind.....one currently holding account already cant open this account.....the primary account holder shud be new customer...

Bob78900

TF Premier
this offer is currently going on officially....the account will be zero mab and free debit card for both account holders......its ltf zero mab....confirmed....from three branches...just need 2lakh cheque...and primary holder should be a new customer for indusind.....one currently holding account already cant open this account.....the primary account holder shud be new customer...
The customer should be new okay. But what if someone have indusind bank credit card. They will still be considered as new customer? And can avail this benefit?

Bob78900

TF Premier

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thanks for confirming man
BTW what are your views on this account??
Should I go for it?

AllSeeker

TF Ace
This account sounds great for married people who are looking to open joint account but if you look at it carefully, benefits are really not that great.

If you are really getting it with just 2 lacs initial funding and then able to withdraw it, heck even able to do FD somewhere and not have to keep it in the account, it sounds like a good idea as you get good value back from the 2 debit cards you get for free. That is some 5k+ movie spends each year per debit card and there are some other subscriptions benefits

Other notable features seem to be
1. Doorstep banking
2. One international ATM monthly cash withdrawal
3. Foreign markup 1%
4. First year locker free and second year 50% charges

Other features are not that great, you could get same with regular accounts too.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Y
This account sounds great for married people who are looking to open joint account but if you look at it carefully, benefits are really not that great.

If you are really getting it with just 2 lacs initial funding and then able to withdraw it, heck even able to do FD somewhere and not have to keep it in the account, it sounds like a good idea as you get good value back from the 2 debit cards you get for free. That is some 5k+ movie spends each year per debit card and there are some other subscriptions benefits

Other notable features seem to be
1. Doorstep banking
2. One international ATM monthly cash withdrawal
3. Foreign markup 1%
4. First year locker free and second year 50% charges

Other features are not that great, you could get same with regular accounts too.
This is currently the best zero balance account for indusind........... This offer has been quite good.... I talked to a branch manager.... In his branch 60-65% new account opening has been under this variant....... For people who missed this offer this time.... If this offers come again next year.... Make sure you have partner to open it.... 😂

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Y
This is currently the best zero balance account for indusind........... This offer has been quite good.... I talked to a branch manager.... In his branch 60-65% new account opening has been under this variant....... For people who missed this offer this time.... If this offers come again next year.... Make sure you have partner to open it.... 😂
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

And 2 lacs to park around for month or two.

TF Ace
TF Family
Not necessarily for a month or two you can withdraw them instantly 😀
If you go ahead with this, please inform about the process in detail. I am considering to open this for my parents. Btw do you see any drawback? And can you tell how can a joint account be managed, can both the person access it through their device or only one?

How do they take the initial funding of 2 lakhs? As IMPS/NEFT takes time for activation, right?

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
It
If you go ahead with this, please inform about the process in detail. I am considering to open this for my parents. Btw do you see any drawback? And can you tell how can a joint account be managed, can both the person access it through their device or only one?

How do they take the initial funding of 2 lakhs? As IMPS/NEFT takes time for activation, right?
ItS cheque of 2 lakh. And this account can only be opened offline... So branch visit mandatory.... And no charges what so ever.... Just go with both the account holders... With pan card, photo and local adress proof... And 2 lakh cheque..... Both the person can manage individually..... Ensure to give transaction rights to both account holders while filling the form.....

Reactions: 007

TF Ace
TF Family
It
ItS cheque of 2 lakh. And this account can only be opened offline... So branch visit mandatory.... And no charges what so ever.... Just go with both the account holders... With pan card, photo and local adress proof... And 2 lakh cheque..... Both the person can manage individually..... Ensure to give transaction rights to both account holders while filling the form.....
I just called the local branch. They told me this offer is available, and they will take cheque/IMPS/NEFT. And they also said, that no need to visit branch we will get it done at your home. Will open it most prolly after discussing with my parents!

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
I just called the local branch. They told me this offer is available, and they will take cheque/IMPS/NEFT. And they also said, that no need to visit branch we will get it done at your home. Will open it most prolly after discussing with my parents!
It depends on local branch..... If they are giving home visit... Then icing on the cake.... In tier 3 cities like mine.... U have to go to branch... And also... They are only accpting cheque... Neft/imps will be much better option...

Reactions: 007

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
RTGS is fine but when we add beneficiary there's some cooldown period before we transfer huge amount.