• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Indian Bank Credit Card Application

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Has anyone been able to get an Indian Bank Credit Card using the online portal?

Planning to get a Rupay Select Card (annual fee 250 from 2nd year, waived off on spends of 50000). But I don't think I have the patience or the energy to visit the branch (they accept C2C for offline applications).

Also, Do we get points for UPI transactions?

SplendorSuperman

TF Premier
Contributor
I heard canara bank credit limit is decided by BM and they can give you max 50k credit limit and Canara Bank doesn't increase credit limit even after providing income proofs.
Seems kinda true , My mom has Salary Account in Canara.
One fine day BM handed her 2 credit cards with 50k limit each , instant cards.
No names printed on card 🙂

mrbean

TF Buzz
Seems kinda true , My mom has Salary Account in Canara.
One fine day BM handed her 2 credit cards with 50k limit each , instant cards.
No names printed on card 🙂
Right,The manager have the power to sanction 50k limit and Assistant Manager limit is 25k.
After one year the manager can increase limit upto 1Lakh.
If the customer want limit above the branch limit the branch can forward the details to higher officials for higher limit

Strange

TF Legend
Okay guys tell me sometime. So my dad is 64 of age or something. What if I apply on behalf of him? Since he already has an Indian bank acct for many years, are they gonna do kyc and all?
My father doesn't even know these kinda stuff so if they do kyc and ask if he applied for cc he is not gonna be able to tell yes and stuff.
What trouble am I gonna be in future for this?
No kyc is required for existing customers.

Ak Singh

TF Premier
Zero reward points for any spends. 🤣
I have indian bank rupay select credit card but when I am registering on rupay website after entering first six digit no of card it showing like you entered wrong details.(Ss attached)

But card no is correct.

Can anyone tell my why this is happening?

Attachments

• IMG-20240416-WA0000__01.jpg
    IMG-20240416-WA0000__01.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 8

Strange

TF Legend
I have indian bank rupay select credit card but when I am registering on rupay website after entering first six digit no of card it showing like you entered wrong details.(Ss attached)

But card no is correct.

Can anyone tell my why this is happening?
What is the BIN (first 6 digits) of your credit card?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Okay guys tell me sometime. So my dad is 64 of age or something. What if I apply on behalf of him? Since he already has an Indian bank acct for many years, are they gonna do kyc and all?
My father doesn't even know these kinda stuff so if they do kyc and ask if he applied for cc he is not gonna be able to tell yes and stuff.
What trouble am I gonna be in future for this?
Bank account holder don't need kyc in most bank