• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Income tax payment using credit cards

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Does scc ultimate give a joining / renewal fee waiver on certain amount of spends?
With the IT portal charging 1.8-2% transaction fee + gst any card giving a reward less than 2% does not help.
HDFC payment gateway on income tax portal charges 0.8% + GST, and few other gateways also. Where are you seeing 1.8-2% transaction fees?

Riva

TF Premier
HDFC payment gateway on income tax portal charges 0.8% + GST, and few other gateways also. Where are you seeing 1.8-2% transaction fees?

Is it, then I could be wrong. In my haste to pay tax I thought I saw 1.8%. I eventually paid by net banking and now am looking for a cc which will give some returns for paying tax.

lucifer

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Does scc ultimate give a joining / renewal fee waiver on certain amount of spends?
With the IT portal charging 1.8-2% transaction fee + gst any card giving a reward less than 2% does not help.
There is no fee waiver on SCB Ultimate card

Hoozy

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Is it, then I could be wrong. In my haste to pay tax I thought I saw 1.8%. I eventually paid by net banking and now am looking for a cc which will give some returns for paying tax.
Business regalia cc might give u reward points.

Riva

TF Premier
Business regalia cc might give u reward points.

Using business cards for personal ITR will most probably get flagged in the long run.
Besides SCC ultimate (2%) and SCC smart 2% capped at 1000/month) are there any other cards that can be used for personal ITR that will give returns. The advantage of paying with a non HDFC card is that there is another 1% cb using bill pay and hdfc platinum debit card to pay this credit card bill.
After the recent devaluations of all cards, it seems to me this is the best options. Am not sure of SBI, Kotak or any other cards that give rewards on ITR payment.

mystic

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Which payment gateway to use to pay taxes using Axis Atlas card to get rewards for sure?
Are you sure Atlas gives any rewards for tax payment?
I have Airtel Axis and it gave 1% cashback. I used HDFC payment gateway (charged 0.80% additional fee).

Riva

TF Premier
I got 3.33% last time (June 2023) but this time got only 2% , can you confirm how much you got this time?

SCC ultimate has changed from 5 pts/150 to 3 pts/ 150 for Govt transaction. See the value chart.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I got 3.33% on transaction done on 12th Sept via HDFC gateway. Shows up as CBDT. But looks like it will get patched next time onwards

AlgoTrader

TF Ace
Yeah I figured it depends on payment gateway. Last time i used canara, this time kotak, may be that's why the difference. Should stick to canara and hdfc then
I got 3.33% on transaction done on 12th Sept via HDFC gateway. Shows up as CBDT. But looks like it will get patched next time onwards