• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Income tax payment using credit cards

dealsense

TF Buzz
I have following cards but after reading the post i guess none of them provides any rewards anymore for paying advance tax. If anyone knows better then please let me know.

Infinia, Magnus, SBI cashback, Amex MRCC, Yes first exclusive

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Is it possible to use someone else’s credit card to pay income tax/ advance tax? Would it work as long as you enter the otp or does the name on the card have to match?

Jhon Anand

TF Premier
Is it possible to use someone else’s credit card to pay income tax/ advance tax? Would it work as long as you enter the otp or does the name on the card have to match?
It's fine to use any person's cc for your payment. Just keep records of all transactions. I did for family members, it's fine to shift money inside family but I don't know if you're trying to use friend's cc then IT might raise some issue in case they suspect something

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It's fine to use any person's cc for your payment. Just keep records of all transactions. I did for family members, it's fine to shift money inside family but I don't know if you're trying to use friend's cc then IT might raise some issue in case they suspect something
Nothing like that. Just want to pay 40k in advance tax to get annual fee waiver on my wife's card. So a small amount as 40k is required to reach the waiver.

saymyname

TF Buzz
Can anyone confirm if Airtel Axis card still gives 1% cashback on advance tax payment?
Are there any other cards that offer cashback for advance tax payments?

Agrimbery

TF Buzz
Guys, do we get reward points in idfc wow and other idfc credit cards. And also using axis reserve cc, planning to get reserve for tax payment if its worth it

drmsiva

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Guys, do we get reward points in idfc wow and other idfc credit cards. And also using axis reserve cc, planning to get reserve for tax payment if its worth it
As far as I know, none of the Axis credit cards give reward points for income tax payments.

ALOAK

TF Premier