• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Income tax payment using credit cards

The_Beast

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
What you want me to check??🤔🤔

I already answered that I have got normal rewards as well as milestone rewards for this transaction.
I wanted you to check for the MCC code used for the transaction. This code is the key factor in defining the type of transaction, and banks provide points as per acceptable mcc codes .Till now, axis have rewards for every mcc code, but from September, they have specifically prohibited points on certain codes (there was a list of 4 i guess). If the code of your transaction is not in that list, you will continue to recieve rewards even post 1st September.

sauravkumar

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I wanted you to check for the MCC code used for the transaction. This code is the key factor in defining the type of transaction, and banks provide points as per acceptable mcc codes .Till now, axis have rewards for every mcc code, but from September, they have specifically prohibited points on certain codes (there was a list of 4 i guess). If the code of your transaction is not in that list, you will continue to recieve rewards even post 1st September.
Why don't you call and check your MCC.

It's gone thing.... It's not like Income Tax portal will ask / take your permission for MCC.😑🙂

Whatever paid/ done is done... Biller / MCC of Income Tax is not in anyone's hand.

And don't try to oversmart by doing some irregularities or unethical work there.😤😤

Seriously I think you should to previous posts then only post repeated questions.😑😑

Jhon Anand

TF Premier
Airtel Axis did give cashback. heard Ace also gives.
Waiting for Zenith points to be credited, did the txn today.
Ace will no longer give post 1st sep or 15th sep whenever the upcoming devaluation was. All govt transactions including advance tax, nps, etc now excluded.

MartianManhunter

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Ace will no longer give post 1st sep or 15th sep whenever the upcoming devaluation was. All govt transactions including advance tax, nps, etc now excluded.
Then do we have any solution or incentive for paying the tax with CC which pays any points or should we switch back to NEFT?

MartianManhunter

TF Select
VIP Lounge
So, apart from Zenith and IDFC Wealth, do we have any other card which gives points? I am trying to compare and find out the best card for Advance tax.

MartianManhunter

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Standard Chartered Ultimate also gives points for Advance tax. Last time I got 3.3% on CBDT transaction
If you don't mind me asking, when was this last time? These days the policies are changing rapidly. So, am compiling a list of cards which gave the points based on the advance tax spend on or very close to 1st September 2023.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If you don't mind me asking, when was this last time? These days the policies are changing rapidly. So, am compiling a list of cards which gave the points based on the advance tax spend on or very close to 1st September 2023.
30th July. Don't think there are any policy changes on StanC cards post July

Riva

TF Premier
Standard Chartered Ultimate also gives points for Advance tax. Last time I got 3.3% on CBDT transaction

Does scc ultimate give a joining / renewal fee waiver on certain amount of spends?
With the IT portal charging 1.8-2% transaction fee + gst any card giving a reward less than 2% does not help.