• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Income Eligibility and the new list of documents that can be accepted for American express cards . Please check and share your thoughts and questions

BestBanker

TF Ace
Banker
For all the cards eligibility is 6L except Platinum charge card for which you need 15L for Self employed and 25L if you are salaried.

List of documents that can be accepted

For Self-employed :

ITR Acknowledgement
ITR3/ITR 4/Sugam copy
Form 26AS

For Salaried :

ITR Acknowledgement or form 26AS
Pay slips or Form 16

There are various surrogates as well like Premium car surrogate, Business Card surrogate, Income waiver options, Company ITR if its a partnership firm and many more.
Let me know if you want to know more . Thank you

DS111

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
For all the cards eligibility is 6L except Platinum charge card for which you need 15L for Self employed and 25L if you are salaried.

For Self-employed :

ITR Acknowledgement
ITR3/ITR 4/Sugam copy
Form 26AS

For Salaried :

Pay slips or Form 16

There are various surrogates as well like Premium car surrogate, Business Card surrogate, Income waiver options, Company ITR if its a partnership firm and many more.
My permanent address pincode is not in the service area for american express card but my delhi address pincode is in american express service area so can i apply for the card

paipurivamsi

TF Select
VIP Lounge
@BestBanker Why is AMEX is hellbent on the current address proof ? PSU employees will be moving to different places on transfers. How can AMEX expect to change the aadhar address everytime one moves to new place? My application of smartearn is put on hold/cancelled due to this sillly reason. Even other banks citi and icici also have same set of documents for address proof but do not insist customer to submit the copies. Instead they do physical KYC and issue cards. AMEX is still living in the world of COVID where the entire world is moving on? It is also pathetic that AMEX do not accept the LPG cylinder bill copy & my company quarters allotment letter as address proof as I submitted the same to ICICI and got Rubyx Card.
@BestBanker Why don't you reply to this query?

paipurivamsi

TF Select
VIP Lounge
@BestBanker AMEX was banned due to storage of data outside india not due to KYC non-compliance. Just check the facts before replying. Along with AMEX, Diners club and Mastercard also banned. I am based in Mumbai and don't think AMEX is not present in financial capital of India.According to AMEX nodal officer, many applications are put on hold due to this non acceptance of general documents for address proof. I was referring to physical KYC which is being done by all other INDIAN CC companies for issuing cards. Documents can be forged but not the address when someone come for physical verification? Got ICICI, CITIBANK and even BoB cards after completion of physical KYC.

BestBanker

TF Ace
Banker
@BestBanker AMEX was banned due to storage of data outside india not due to KYC non-compliance. Just check the facts before replying. Along with AMEX, Diners club and Mastercard also banned. I am based in Mumbai and don't think AMEX is not present in financial capital of India.According to AMEX nodal officer, many applications are put on hold due to this non acceptance of general documents for address proof. I was referring to physical KYC which is being done by all other INDIAN CC companies for issuing cards. Documents can be forged but not the address when someone come for physical verification? Got ICICI, CITIBANK and even BoB cards after completion of physical KYC.
Brother, I know why we were banned. You misunderstood. There are certain pincodes in a city up to which we will be able to cover, give proper services. We are issuing cards only in regions where our physical presence is there . The list of documents we are asking now are as per RBI guidelines. If we collect any other documents like utility bills again we have to get customer consent to update address proof like Aadhar and submit within 90 days of card issuance . Other banks are able to give cards because they have branches there. We are not willing to risk for now. Hope you understand now

Snooper

TF Neo
I'm currently interning in an mnc with stipend > 6lpa and also have a job offer from them immediately after >> 6lpa. Can I submit income proof as bank statement of stipend being credited and / or job offer letter

Anarchronox

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

For Self-employed :

ITR Acknowledgement
ITR3/ITR 4/Sugam copy
Form 26AS

For Salaried :

Pay slips or Form 16

Hi,

Can you share more information about the Company ITR route as well as the Reserve/Charge for business?

roshancc

TF Premier
I applied for AMEX GOLD CHARGE CARD (already been holding Smart Earn from last 2 years). Got approved in 24 hours! :) Will get card in a week maximum! AMEX customer service and support is the best in the world. No doubts!
Is ReKyc and doc submission necessary or not to get additional card ?