• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Income Eligibility and the new list of documents that can be accepted for American express cards . Please check and share your thoughts and questions

BestBanker

TF Ace
Banker
For all the cards eligibility is 6L except Platinum charge card for which you need 15L for Self employed and 25L if you are salaried.

List of documents that can be accepted

For Self-employed :

ITR Acknowledgement
ITR3/ITR 4/Sugam copy
Form 26AS

For Salaried :

ITR Acknowledgement or form 26AS
Pay slips or Form 16

There are various surrogates as well like Premium car surrogate, Business Card surrogate, Income waiver options, Company ITR if its a partnership firm and many more.
Let me know if you want to know more . Thank you

theglobalinvestor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What is the criteria for Centurion Black card?
Have heard it's offered to millionaires. If it's confidential, a few pointers will be helpful(something for instance if annual salary is 2 Cr+, Centurion might be considered).
I've heard $100k+/year spend history on existing card. But most people are invited based on their fame, status and income. Not invited based on any specific eligibility criteria.

paipurivamsi

TF Select
VIP Lounge
@BestBanker Why is AMEX is hellbent on the current address proof ? PSU employees will be moving to different places on transfers. How can AMEX expect to change the aadhar address everytime one moves to new place? My application of smartearn is put on hold/cancelled due to this sillly reason. Even other banks citi and icici also have same set of documents for address proof but do not insist customer to submit the copies. Instead they do physical KYC and issue cards. AMEX is still living in the world of COVID where the entire world is moving on? It is also pathetic that AMEX do not accept the LPG cylinder bill copy & my company quarters allotment letter as address proof as I submitted the same to ICICI and got Rubyx Card.

coinhunter

TF Select
VIP Lounge
For all the cards eligibility is 6L except Platinum charge card for which you need 15L for Self employed and 25L if you are salaried.

List of documents that can be accepted

For Self-employed :

ITR Acknowledgement
ITR3/ITR 4/Sugam copy
Form 26AS

For Salaried :

ITR Acknowledgement or form 26AS
Pay slips or Form 16

There are various surrogates as well like Premium car surrogate, Business Card surrogate, Income waiver options, Company ITR if its a partnership firm and many more.
Let me know if you want to know more . Thank you
Is there a way to get an Amex card even if the location is not in a serviceable area? I already have an existing Amex card but it is not based in India.

DS111

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
My permanent address pincode is not in the service area for american express card but my delhi address pincode is in american express service area so can i apply for the card