• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

If You Have Suggestion/Request Post Here

CC-Muncher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
@TechnoFino Allow certain level members to dislike/close a thread. And once a thread receives X dislikes or close votes, close the thread for further replies. There are too many threads getting created and it becomes really difficult to track useful threads. Just a suggestion/feature request. This would unburden the Mods to keep a track of every thread.

Tagging some members which I know are pretty active here, feel free to add inputs.
@Wealth is my birth right! @Chaitanya-a @jack333 @anirban.choudhury @pprakash11 @TheMentalist
Plus 1

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
@TechnoFino Allow certain level members to dislike/close a thread. And once a thread receives X dislikes or close votes, close the thread for further replies. There are too many threads getting created and it becomes really difficult to track useful threads. Just a suggestion/feature request. This would unburden the Mods to keep a track of every thread.

Tagging some members which I know are pretty active here, feel free to add inputs.
@Wealth is my birth right! @Chaitanya-a @jack333 @anirban.choudhury @pprakash11 @TheMentalist
Positive part of this is we can take down the unnecessary or repetitive thread. Today itself I saw 2 threads created just for referrals.

Negative part is since this community is getting bigger & bigger, more no. of users will get upgraded to higher levels and can misuse this power.

However few more mods can be selected for this specific task if needed.

CC-Muncher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Positive part of this is we can take down the unnecessary or repetitive thread. Today itself I saw 2 threads created just for referrals.

Negative part is since this community is getting bigger & bigger, more no. of users will get upgraded to higher levels and can misuse this power.

However few more mods can be selected for this specific task if needed.
I have reported few threads and i do see that moderators have been active to move those or merge those around.

May be try reporting it next time and see.

Last edited:

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
As the community is seeing an exponential growth with addition of many new members everyday, moderators are getting overburdered, i think and this is a very good suggestion by @WhoU

CC-Muncher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
@TechnoFino It's currently not possible to notify ONLY moderators/owners of the group when any joining request for a new member comes.

Please add this feature so that the Group owner can decide if other members should be notified or not about new member requests.
Since others can't act on that request, it's not useful to be notified of it.

appworld

TF Buzz
@TechnoFino It's currently not possible to notify ONLY moderators/owners of the group when any joining request for a new member comes.

Please add this feature so that the Group owner can decide if other members should be notified or not about new member requests.
Since others can't act on that request, it's not useful to be notified of it.

Plus 1

saucy

TF Ace
@TechnoFino @bhavyegoel
Categorisation of threads is a much needed move, but it needs to be complimented with another one, to keep engagement at par.

What a usual TFian does is - click on the ⚡ and read whatever post is currently replied to, or being discussed.

This causes a few issues

1. the whole community miss out on "new" threads

2. It restricts the content that a member is viewing, since earlier everyone posted everything in the "general discussion" - so everyone read everything - infomative posts, troll posts, random credit cards etc.
Now they must specifically browse into that section to read about a card. Or be lucky to find something that interests them in the ⚡ section

3. Reduces engagement. New threads are not promoted in this model. So a new thread might just end up never receiving any comments from other members. This is specially true for threads that may be niche (imo each category is a niche in itself)

4. Reduces interaction - the "general discussion" tab used to be the "lobby" or "hangout" place for all members. With new threads coming up, the members were more interested in posting their replies. Whereas in the ⚡ section, often it happens that the members have already replied earlier, or are unwilling to read 10 pages of posts to gather context.

Possible solution

Create a "lobby" area, where all threads, irrespective of their category are shown, or posted. All the members can post their new threads in the lobby section, as well as categorise them. New threads are not lost, and thus it can also compliment the ⚡ system

Create a chatroom - but this might create more uninformative chat than actual content that everyone loves.

Create a "general" thread where all members post, introduce a system where.other members can suggest a category to the threads, and mods do the final approval. The number of approved categorisation can be used to collect more points.

While categorisation is good, it also adds barriers to information - not everyone may be willing to manually scroll through each category to see what's new being discussed, thus reducing engagement
A place where all online members can connect, and interact with new post can significantly drive up the enjoyment of every member

Sahilhenzy

TF Ace
I am facing this desktop problem from last week. whenever I click on any post it's automatically shifted to desktop mode then I have to click on mobile site to go back. It's been frequent and to be honest it's very annoying me now.

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
I am facing this desktop problem from last week. whenever I click on any post it's automatically shifted to desktop mode then I have to click on mobile site to go back. It's been frequent and to be honest it's very annoying me now.
we didn't changed anything, maybe you should change your browser and try.

pothi

TF Premier
RML Group
Suggestion: I would like to see a forum software like Discourse where we can, somehow, skip the topics where the conversations diverted away from the original. Whenever I go through a thread with 50+ pages, it takes a lot of time to completely read the entire thread. With some forum softwares, there is a possibility to skip some parts of the diverted topic. I know it is a pain to switch the forum software. Sometimes, impossible (due to the possibility of losing the ranks and trophies). Just my wish.

TheGuy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@TechnoFino - Create a wiki section. (This request is specific to CC Forum)

Threads here should be updated once in while (1m-3m-6m) depending on the speed at which radical changes come to subject.

Why: People keep asking simple things- one reason maybe that old threads maybe out of date with information. So even if they read that x card provides y benefit- now there maybe issues with redemption or better option may be there..

Examples:
- Best Card for Utility
- Best Card for Govt/ NPS
- Best Banks in CLE
- Banks and how many cards they allow (you've posted, but its natural place can be this section)
- Banks and C2C (Like HDFC doesn't like cobranded or prefers axis)
- Golf (Inspiration of this suggestion came from this post as we had already discussed same (nearly) here)

I can help keep this section (through moderation or updating threads or just plain comments- however it is feasible) updated.

anotheruser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I think any thread that promotes any form of credit rotation should not be allowed on forum. Its not a healthy thing and the misuse eventually leads to removal of benefits for everyone.
As someone once said, "The Needs of the Many Outweigh the Needs of the Few"

Last edited:

insight

TF Ace
@TechnoFino - Create a wiki section. (This request is specific to CC Forum)

Threads here should be updated once in while (1m-3m-6m) depending on the speed at which radical changes come to subject.

Why: People keep asking simple things- one reason maybe that old threads maybe out of date with information. So even if they read that x card provides y benefit- now there maybe issues with redemption or better option may be there..

Examples:
- Best Card for Utility
- Best Card for Govt/ NPS
- Best Banks in CLE
- Banks and how many cards they allow (you've posted, but its natural place can be this section)
- Banks and C2C (Like HDFC doesn't like cobranded or prefers axis)
- Golf (Inspiration of this suggestion came from this post as we had already discussed same (nearly) here)

I can help keep this section (through moderation or updating threads or just plain comments- however it is feasible) updated.
I agree with this and some more ideas on Master Spread sheets to minimize excessive of similar MATHS being repeated and asked when "Community Updated Sheets/ Wikis" would surely be a better REFERENCE.

As I've done lots of Enterprise Information/ Content organizing before I'd be keen on helping INTEGRATE the Knowledge Banks from the various experts on the forum in an easy to Update and Comprehend manner. @TechnoFino