• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Pre Approved Offer Card variant issue

I got pre approved offer from IDFC, but its showing I can choose card variant only between Millennia and Classic. Do anybody know how to get IDFC Select over them???

Btw mine is a 25k MAB account.

kunal89

TF Premier
I got pre approved offer from IDFC, but its showing I can choose card variant only between Millennia and Classic. Do anybody know how to get IDFC Select over them???

Sadly you can't choose. I also got same offer, with very low limit. I accepted classic as all 4 cards had same rewards. Now it is different. Not sure when they will upgrade

Sadly you can't choose. I also got same offer, with very low limit. I accepted classic as all 4 cards had same rewards. Now it is different. Not sure when they will upgrade
The limit they quoted is fine for me, its 1.27L on IDFC its more than enough as they don't run any sale offers for card disc. Yeah the base reward rate was same till now & welcome benefit was also, but the main reason I need Select over these are for the Paytm 1+1/2+2 offer thats a big deal for me, as its not available on classic/millenia.

kunal89

TF Premier
The limit they quoted is fine for me, its 1.27L on IDFC its more than enough as they don't run any sale offers for card disc. Yeah the base reward rate was same till now & welcome benefit was also, but the main reason I need Select over these are for the Paytm 1+1/2+2 offer thats a big deal for me, as its not available on classic/millenia.
You can get BMS 1on1 on any visa signature card. That too 300 capping. Idfc savings account gave more offer that credit card. Sad but true, pretty useless after recent devaluation.

Souvik

TF Premier

It usually gives you a lower variant as per PAN, then you can upload your existing credit card statement to get a better deal. So in short apply card to card, I got select that way.

TF Ace
TF Family
It usually gives you a lower variant as per PAN, then you can upload your existing credit card statement to get a better deal. So in short apply card to card, I got select that way.
What should be the limit on existing card to be eligible for Select? Also, is the option enabled by uploading statement or in later process. Please share more info if possible.

Souvik

TF Premier
What should be the limit on existing card to be eligible for Select? Also, is the option enabled by uploading statement or in later process. Please share more info if possible.
I had given my HDFC Regalia statement which had only 3.5 L as limit on statement (FYI, however the upgrade offer on my Regalia card is now in 7 digits, but I never upgraded to that, so that should not be a deterrent). My new IDFC Select CC has an initial limit of 3L, good for movie offers and lounge access.

Yes, you would have an option to upload existing credit card statement after the initial CC offer the site gives you. I did it myself some 2 weeks back.

Try to upload a statement/pdf which does not have password (maybe with the best credit limit), else it also asks you for password, but its better you take a statement from the bank's website for password free straight through process.

Online KYC is done within 2 days and card should reach you in 5 days provided they are happy with your credentials.

TF Ace
TF Family
I had given my HDFC Regalia statement which had only 3.5 L as limit on statement (FYI, however the upgrade offer on my Regalia card is now in 7 digits, but I never upgraded to that, so that should not be a deterrent). My new IDFC Select CC has an initial limit of 3L, good for movie offers and lounge access.

Yes, you would have an option to upload existing credit card statement after the initial CC offer the site gives you. I did it myself some 2 weeks back.

Try to upload a statement/pdf which does not have password (maybe with the best credit limit), else it also asks you for password, but its better you take a statement from the bank's website for password free straight through process.

Online KYC is done within 2 days and card should reach you in 5 days provided they are happy with your credentials.
What's the floor limit for Select any idea? Minimum how much limit is required on my existing CC, that's my question basically.

Souvik

TF Premier
Why didn't you upgrade your limit on Regalia?
I never needed that much to spend on a CC, usually what happens is if you go to a offline merchant or supposedly a card dealer/spinny to buy a car with credit card....these credit cards incur transaction fees of around 1-1.5% on those transactions.

Same would be the case for other offline bulk spends too.

Souvik

TF Premier
What's the floor limit for Select any idea? Minimum how much limit is required on my existing CC, that's my question basically.
Hey, I reckon it would be a mix of existing limit and your credit score acquired via PAN. Try applying online through the IDFC website via yourself, you can opt to not take it if you don't like it at the end.

I kept it/Select on hold for some time, expecting the wealth card, then finally went for it.

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

7 Digit???
You mean to say your Regalia has 10,00,000+ Limit??
Then should have upgraded to DCB or Infinia.

Souvik

TF Premier
7 Digit???
You mean to say your Regalia has 10,00,000+ Limit??
Then should have upgraded to DCB or Infinia.
Yes, I get SMS for limit upgrade...so what you're effectively telling me is that if I opt to increase my credit limit, then I can have a LTF DCB or Infinia, My Regalia is LTF...Sort of an auto upgrade ???

As of now my netbanking portal/Imperia does not have any upgrade options for my credit card though.

Souvik

TF Premier
Is that so 🤔
Have a courtesy call to spinny for example, credit cards attract merchant fees, and that's the reason these banks are irresponsibly giving away credit cards to everyone in the island.

Wherever the merchant does not have a substantial margin on their product, or does not want to take a hit for merchant fees they will pass it onto you.

Talking about offline transactions here.