• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Pre Approved Offer Card variant issue

I got pre approved offer from IDFC, but its showing I can choose card variant only between Millennia and Classic. Do anybody know how to get IDFC Select over them???

Btw mine is a 25k MAB account.

Souvik

TF Premier
Again I may sound odd here but for me to grab a higher credit limit is not for those vouchers & benefits.
And honestly I never spend to reach those goals unless they are an absolute necessity.
For me to get a higher limit is always related to get the Highest variant card of any bank.
Generally speaking if you are using a basic credit card of any bank & all of a sudden you want to reach to the topmost card of any other bank is not possible.
Therefore, slowly you need to go up & change your portfolio accordingly.
Hey, my posts were not directed to anyone, it was just an example of how the system allures you into irrational spending.

I do appreciate the fact you've made that a gradual increase in credit limit is good for all of us. Keeping that in mind it's a good decision to move up the ladder.

TF Ace
TF Family
Again I may sound odd here but for me to grab a higher credit limit is not for those vouchers & benefits.
And honestly I never spend to reach those goals unless they are an absolute necessity.
For me to get a higher limit is always related to get the Highest variant card of any bank.
Generally speaking if you are using a basic credit card of any bank & all of a sudden you want to reach to the topmost card of any other bank is not possible.
Therefore, slowly you need to go up & change your portfolio accordingly.
Yeah I agree with your point. I guess you got me wrong here, I am just saying one should spend wisely. These deals, offers, cashback, rewards, etc. ain't going nowhere! 🤷‍♂️

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hey, my posts were not directed to anyone, it was just an example of how the system allures you into irrational spending.

I do appreciate the fact you've made that a gradual increase in credit limit is good for all of us. Keeping that in mind it's a good decision to move up the ladder.
Rest assured I didn't it take it personally. :)
I just expressed my views on this. And yes, I agree with you 100% of the people generally falls in to these traps & for 2000 amazon voucher, end up spending more which should not be the practice.

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yeah I agree with your point. I guess you got me wrong here, I am just saying one should spend wisely. These deals, offers, cashback, rewards, etc. ain't going nowhere! 🤷‍♂️
I'm also agreed to you & trying to spread the awareness that people should not fall in to this traps.

Last edited:
Reactions: 007

dav33

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I know it's insane and I even do not need it.

I have been using this HDFC CC for 8 years now, Regalia since last 5 years.

This limit is not uplifted in a day or so it has slowly increased and I kept getting prompts to increase my limit but I did not, so you see the difference in existing limit and proposed limit.

I did have a Preferred account/converted from salary account for some 6 years and of late just trying Imperia.

wow the limit increase offer is insane. have u taken the offer.
also since when are u having the existing limit of 3.5L in your regalia, is it since beginning that u hold the card ie 5 yrs or later
also may in know rough figure of how much monthly balance / TRV did u maintain

Souvik

TF Premier
wow the limit increase offer is insane. have u taken the offer.
also since when are u having the existing limit of 3.5L in your regalia, is it since beginning that u hold the card ie 5 yrs or later
also may in know rough figure of how much monthly balance / TRV did u maintain
It looks insane as I deferred a lot of Limit enhancement offers in between, while HDFC's automated systems tried to persuade me to opt for a higher limit and spend more.

I had 3.5L maybe for last 5-6 years, even when I did not have Regalia, my earlier card was upgraded to Regalia LTF some 5 years back. I do have a sizeable TRV in HDFC > 50L, but this was a gradual built up, not accumulated in a day. I am also a part of not so useful Preferred/Imperia programme. But to be honest credit limit depends upon your credit score and history primarily.

I took the offer hoping for a LTF upgrade to a higher variant card someday, not spend based LTF and all, but that does not seem likely as of yet, no harm in trying though :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

niranjan0

TF Buzz
Hello,

I got a pre approved offer from IDFC, I have a 25k mab account with them but my amb is 10L+, they're offering 48k limit. Should I proceed with the application???

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hello,

I got a pre approved offer from IDFC, I have a 25k mab account with them but my amb is 10L+, they're offering 48k limit. Should I proceed with the application???
Are sure what you are talking about?,
10L MAB and 48K cc offer..
Something is not right here