• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC First Wow Rejected

ssb24

TF Buzz
My brother applied for Idfc First Wow Credit Card as his first card to build credit history, however despite them advertising as guaranteed approval, they rejected the application stating internal policy criteria, after debiting the money and creating an FD in his account. Customer care was helpless regarding the issue. Can anyone guide me how can I go about this?

Attachments

• 1000026151.jpg
    1000026151.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 119
  • 1000026150.jpg
    1000026150.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 119

Tejo

TF Legend
@VISHESH_BANSAL @4uziaul @Chaitanya-a

On FD lien too, cc approval rejected who has nil cibil history.

@ssb24 write a mail to pno of idfc, also spam across twitter. Ask pno to approve the card, else ask them to remove cibil enquiry and withdraw fd without any preclossure charges.

If they don't any thing else charges preclossure charges, complain to rbi ombudsman and ask for compensation of ₹10,000.

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige

@ssb24 write a mail to pno of idfc, also spam across twitter. Ask pno to approve the card, else ask them to remove cibil enquiry and withdraw fd without any preclossure charges.

If they don't any thing else charges preclossure charges, complain to rbi ombudsman and ask for compensation of ₹10,000.
You know, IDFC customer care till pno is useless.

ssb24

TF Buzz
Update, thank you so much for the suggestions. I had called customer care before I had made the post and had threatened them to complaint with RBI Ombudsman if they don't rectify this. I had asked to talk to senior official and they had arranged a callback for the same. The official had called today and told that the FD will be closed. Then I had tweeted about it. Today afternoon my brother recieved a mail saying that the card is approved.

Attachments

• IMG-20230828-WA0003~2.jpg
    IMG-20230828-WA0003~2.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 126

redcarpet

TF Premier

Technically they can get away with it as per their rules/eligibility:
That last line
1695226303602.png

zomato

TF Premier

pno? same thing happened to me now I just want my FD money back, shitty bank with shittier customer service dept

pno@idfcfirstbank.com

Mail to useless persons of idfc.

If you don't get money back in 7 days.

Fail a complaint at PGPORTAL, for resolution and compensation of 100₹ per day until you get your amount .
Tell me more about this please. I am having problems with getting rid of a months old credit card application at Axis Bank removed and they are not going through with it for some reason. How does the ₹100 get awarded and where? Will this affect my relationship with the bank?

Last edited:

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Tell me more about this please. I am having problems with getting rid of a months old credit card application removed and they are not going through with it for some reason. How does the ₹100 get awarded and where? Will this affect my relationship with the bank?
Mail to idfc to delete the old application or apply from any other mobile number. 100 penalty per day is for transaction failure or refund related, and not for these issues

Tejo

TF Legend
Tell me more about this please. I am having problems with getting rid of a months old credit card application removed and they are not going through with it for some reason. How does the ₹100 get awarded and where? Will this affect my relationship with the bank?
Call useless idfc toll-free

Connect to cc care, order them 2 raise a SR to delete past cc application.

If your money is not returned to you in T+7 days else be it fd cc where you didn't got the card and fd back to you then you can request the 100/day

But the amount is to be atleast 1lakh, else rbi bo will not entertain else can ask 10k directly as compensation.

Mail to idfc to delete the old application or apply from any other mobile number. 100 penalty per day is for transaction failure or refund related, and not for these issues
Call useless idfc toll-free

Connect to cc care, order them 2 raise a SR to delete past cc application.

If your money is not returned to you in T+7 days else be it fd cc where you didn't got the card and fd back to you then you can request the 100/day

But the amount is to be atleast 1lakh, else rbi bo will not entertain else can ask 10k directly as compensation.
Oops sorry I forgot to mention that the problem was with Axis Bank and not IDFC Bank.

Tejo

TF Legend
Oops sorry I forgot to mention that the problem was with Axis Bank and not IDFC Bank.
Are apko a chance nhi milega, looto lootera bank ko

Mail to pno with positiveness, they will call to you mmm switch off your phone or give other number.

If they mail back,reply them to take their own time to issue card. (Don't ask to unlien)

If you didn't get fd card 7 days, mail RBI Bo, seeking 10k as compensation for deficiency in service. (While filling complaint, the note must full of negative against AXIS, The lootera BanK)