• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC FIRST Vistara Credit Card Review | IDFC First Bank Launched Vistara Co-Branded Credit Card

rahulsethi

TF Ace
Contributor
I called up CC today to convert my Economy to Business using CV points, but they claimed that in a plane, only 1 Business class seat is labelled as award seat, i.e., one which can redeemed via CV points or be upgraded via CV points.
Unfortunately on my plane, the award seat was already redeemed so couldn't get an upgrade!
Try at the check in counter, cc told me same. But regular biz seats were unsold so the checkin guy happily upgraded using class upgrade vouchers.

RajMahadik

TF Premier
It seems they are not offering it to existing IDFC card members like Power/Power+ cards. I tried applying but got instantly rejected. I already hold an IDFC Select card.
Frnds aproved today... Holding classic... Applied through mail rcvd... I too rcvd mail but wont apply as high fees

rahulsethi

TF Ace
Contributor
Frnds aproved today... Holding classic... Applied through mail rcvd... I too rcvd mail but wont apply as high fees
How, you applied using an alternate no ot what? They mentioned clearly existing IDFC users can't apply for Power/Power+. Ignore my bad I thought you got Power/Power+ with Classic.

nikhil.b

TF Buzz
One Strategy is

Get IDFC Vistara, SBI Vistara(Basic) and Axis Vistara(Basic).

IDFC Vistara: Make all you spends on this - ~4.5L = Get 4 Premium Economy ticket - 30k Total Value(7.5k each)
SBI Vistara: Spend no money here if your spends are 4.5L, if it is higher than that, then spend here, get 1 ticket atleast worth 6k
Axis Vistara: Same strategy as SBI Vistara, 1 ticket

Fees paid total: ~10k
Benefits: 42k(From IDFC, 6k from SBI, 6k from Axis) + 13500 CV points for spends on IDFC(worth 13500)
Total - 45k(Post card fee deduction) on spends of 4.5L ~10% reward rate.

Plus points through paying rent is able to negate the fees for paying rent through a CC, hence pay rent through these(which would have been paid otherwise through cash or debit card and get economy tickets for free on top of this.

IDFC Card will give you the silver tier membership and the insurance which surely will cover all the use cases and no point in taking prime versions of axis and sbi vistara card

P.S. - This would suit only for moderate spenders of ~4.5-5 lakhs

Last edited:

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
One Strategy is

Get IDFC Vistara, SBI Vistara(Basic) and Axis Vistara(Basic).

IDFC Vistara: Make all you spends on this - ~4.5L = Get 4 Premium Economy ticket - 30k Total Value(7.5k each)
SBI Vistara: Spend no money here if your spends are 4.5L, if it is higher than that, then spend here, get 1 ticket atleast worth 6k
Axis Vistara: Same strategy as SBI Vistara, 1 ticket

Fees paid total: ~10k
Benefits: 42k(From IDFC, 6k from SBI, 6k from Axis) + 13500 CV points for spends on IDFC(worth 13500)
Total - 55k on spends of 4.5L ~12.2% reward rate.

Plus points through paying rent is able to negate the fees for paying rent through a CC, hence pay rent through these(which would have been paid otherwise through cash or debit card and get economy tickets for free on top of this.

IDFC Card will give you the silver tier membership and the insurance which surely will cover all the use cases and no point in taking prime versions of axis and sbi vistara card

P.S. - This would suit only for moderate spenders of ~4.5-5 lakhs
Or spenders looking for an offline specific card

rahulsethi

TF Ace
Contributor
I'm not sure of how true is this, but following is the info I received.

Each plane has 1 Business class award ticket and 5 economy tickets which can redeemed using CV points (exclusively) OR ticket vouchers!
That's absolutely true but only for advance booking. No rules at the checkin counter 😋

phildunphy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
As tempting as it is, i am staying far away from Vistara branded cards. Even the business class vouchers are so tough to book a month or two before. Can't imagine the nightmare of trying to book Premium Economy ticket with this

abhishek0882

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
As tempting as it is, i am staying far away from Vistara branded cards. Even the business class vouchers are so tough to book a month or two before. Can't imagine the nightmare of trying to book Premium Economy ticket with this
I booked return B-Class award tickets for 23 July and 28th July on 9th July. Only thing is that one may have to be a little flexible with the dates. I started with looking for 22nd and 27th and while 27th was available, 22nd wasn't. Tried 22nd PE that wasn't available. I tried 21st Business, also not available but PE was available but if I then wanted return on 26th, then Business was not available. Next search, 23rd and 28th Business was available on both on award tickets, and I booked. And this was for dates within the month. Yes, maybe peak season, holidays, popular sectors etc. it may be more difficult to get, but for award tickets, it is understandable. Would have been ideal if the validity could have been 1 year plus 6 months instead of the 6 months plus 3 months as it is currently. Would have been helpful in accumulating 4 award tickets that may have been used for couple return tickets.

rahulsethi

TF Ace
Contributor
You can book economy tickets with premium economy vouchers if premium economy is not available

amit

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So how do you upgrade via CV points at check in counter?
I mean is it like you have to login into your account , request for upgrade or what?

What is the process like at the counter?
you mean upgrade using voucher?

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I mean is it like you have to login into your account , request for upgrade or what?

Unhe bolna please upgrade kar do. They'll ask you for voucher code. Unhe code de dena vo system me daal denge and upgrade ho jayega.

rahulsethi

TF Ace
Contributor

Not with CV points but with upgrade vouchers. Just ask for an upgrade at the counter tell them you have an upgrade voucher. If there are seats available they initiate the upgrade, you receive an OTP for authentication and it's done. You get the upgraded class boarding passes.